JSTris

Started by jezevec10, December 06, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkwon23

Quote from: XaeL
+1 for keyboard control for restarting game.
F2

XaeL

Quote from: jkwon23
Quote from: XaeL
+1 for keyboard control for restarting game.
F2
Thanks!

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Danieru

Yes I agree, I veto for a keyboard button for restart or auto restart.
Just an Irish tetris player.

Danieru

Quote from: Danieru
Yes I agree, I veto for a keyboard button for restart or auto restart.

I would love if you added a 40Lines mode  jezevec...

jezevec10

Hi, I've added a 40L mode as you requested.

I made it as a practice mode so you can play it while waiting for the next round (but your game will be interrupted when a new round starts, so play fast!) or in a spectator mode (command /spec). If you just want to play 40L you can make a private room and it won't bother you when someone joins. Use F4 key for restarting the game. Times of completed games are saved with your game name.

Very simple leader-board is available here: jstris.jezevec10.com/sprint.

Danieru

Quote from: jezevec10
Hi, I've added a 40L mode as you requested.

I made it as a practice mode so you can play it while waiting for the next round (but your game will be interrupted when a new round starts, so play fast!) or in a spectator mode (command /spec). If you just want to play 40L you can make a private room and it won't bother you when someone joins. Use F4 key for restarting the game. Times of completed games are saved with your game name.

Very simple leader-board is available here: jstris.jezevec10.com/sprint.

Thank you Jezevec, much appreciated!

GenesisChan

Have you ever thought about adding bot in private room? Like TOP
I had been playing in JSTris for past few days and found that the bot is really fun to play and train with (preparation for TTO IV maybe?)
That's all I have for the feedback  

jkwon23

Suggestion:
Forbid copy names.
Example: I saw two Real_Blocks in the same room. ^^

VladtheImpala

I really like your client. I've mostly switched from nullpo to it.

But one thing has been bothering me lately. It seems like when you start it puts you at a random place within a bag, rather than the start of the bag, so essentially all openings are less reliable (at least based on the first few pieces). I don't think it used to do this, so was this intentional? I don't really like it.

Also, could you make the start new 40L game key customizable?

Either way, I really enjoy your client.

jezevec10

Quote from: GenesisChan
Have you ever thought about adding bot in private room? Like TOP
Hi, right now our bots aren't optimized enough for the server to handle more of them at once. I've experimented with this and setting high speed of one bot slows the other bot because the server is too busy with running the fast bot.
However it would be possible to run the bot in your browser, which wouldn't matter in 1v1, maybe an idea for the future.

Suggestion:
Forbid copy names.
Example: I saw two Real_Blocks in the same room. ^^
Names of the bots can be blocked for players to avoid confusion, but duplicate names of players are hard to filter out.

Quote from: VladtheImpala
But one thing has been bothering me lately. It seems like when you start it puts you at a random place within a bag, rather than the start of the bag, so essentially all openings are less reliable (at least based on the first few pieces). I don't think it used to do this, so was this intentional? I don't really like it.
I just uploaded a new version that should be fixing this bug. The beginning of the queue sometimes wasn't generated using a refreshed bag.

The update also fixes the Out of focus bug - you don't have to click directly on the playfield, but anywhere on the background to focus the game.

Quote from: VladtheImpala
Also, could you make the start new 40L game key customizable?
Thats a good idea, I'll add it in the next update.

jkwon23

Suggestion: Adjust screen size. The playfield and pieces are too big for me.

z2sam

Suggestion: Add options for sprints, like you have 40 lines now, but I wish a 100 lines too, maybe 10L, 20L, 1000L, 10000L would be cool too.
And it would be cool if we could get replay of sprint records.

jezevec10

Suggestion: Adjust screen size. The playfield and pieces are too big for me.
You can use Ctrl and + / Ctrl and - / Ctrl and mousewheel in most browsers to adjust the screen size.

Quote from: z2sam
Suggestion: Add options for sprints, like you have 40 lines now, but I wish a 100 lines too, maybe 10L, 20L, 1000L, 10000L would be cool too.
And it would be cool if we could get replay of sprint records.
I like the idea of multiple sprint modes, will add them when I get some time.

I'd like to add replays as well, the last replaying system was only frame based which wasn't good, it should probably be done by saving keystrokes and their timings so the game can be replayed accurately.

Danieru

Suggestion: To add a Challenges page like from Cultris: II has, with leaderboards similar to the already used page on JSTris.
Thanks,
Dan

Master

suggestion add more skins