Tetris ultimate (next gen)

Started by waizqt, June 04, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnex

Quote from: DumbledorsArmy
They got my money and I got a broken game. Woo.

I really wish people who got cheated and bought the game could just sue ubisoft (class-action is a thing in US, right?). It's obviously not working properly, they had obviously sold enough copies to make such a suit practical in a big country like US.

cycle

Quote from: barnex
Quote from: DumbledorsArmy
They got my money and I got a broken game. Woo.

I really wish people who got cheated and bought the game could just sue ubisoft (class-action is a thing in US, right?). It's obviously not working properly, they had obviously sold enough copies to make such a suit practical in a big country like US.

it's not happening because not many bought the game and most who did don't even notice the bugs. (i know several ppl who do not notice that a 4:3 picture is incorrectly stretched to 16:9 for example)

i just watched the start of the pax east (esports) tetris ultimate twitch stream. (http://www.twitch.tv/tetrisultimate/c/6363143)

at the beginning he plays slowly but then he gets more confident and the mistakes happen. the mistakes really aren't the players fault tho. it's overshooting that is not an acceleration that can be learned and incorporated into a skilled gamers game or something that can be changed with the settings. it's a bug. and ppl will blame themselves for messing up.

the sound issues. well...it's a fact that most people play on tv speakers and they just don't care about sound.
input lag. people are used to lag with their huge tvs. (u gotta hunt for low latency equipment!)

i tried to get a refund but it's a huge hassle and almost impossible.
refunds are possible within the apple appstore and steam to some extent and with more and more awareness this might get extended to consoles eventually.

the consequence of tetris ultimate for me is that i will never buy a ubisoft or "the tetris company" product again. and a few names were added to my book of spineless ppl.

Kevcel

Ubisoft support tweet
I say RIP TU.
Prove me wrong, but the developer must be done with this game, when from now on you're being handled by Ubisoft "support" and their ticket system.
Day One Member of harddrop.com

KurisuKaatsu

Got bored and hopped into an online game. First match, infinite glitch.
Decided to upload it for documentation purposes. This in on the new 1.02 patch. Also, at the end, I show my 115% broken clear rate and the godly sprint times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5R55OzOrDk

cycle

Quote from: KurisuKaatsu
Got bored and hopped into an online game. First match, infinite glitch.
Decided to upload it for documentation purposes. This in on the new 1.02 patch. Also, at the end, I show my 115% broken clear rate and the godly sprint times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5R55OzOrDk

thx. i've also had it happen to me in 1.02 now.

found this really interesting (not so recent) interview.

http://www.polygon.com/a/e3-2014/tetris-ultimate

some interesting lines:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Rogers also owns Blue Planet Software, a 10-person studio that handles development and QA testing, employing champion Tetris players with "dozens" of years of experience. He retired from running the company last year, though, leaving his daughter Maya in charge. "It's a lot more work than I want to do nowadays," he says.[/quote]

and they allow tetris ultimate to exist?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]For the new game, for instance, Ubisoft heard player requests for a faster block rotation speed and cleared it with Blue Planet, so now it's in the game as an option.[/quote]

wtf?

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]This, in part, is why Pajitnov says he has also been pushing Price to make the game's Battle Mode more polished. "Unfortunately, I don't have a very good feeling about [the multiplayer in Tetris Ultimate] yet," he says. "There are lots of good features, good power-ups in the game. But I hope to see it better and better."[/quote]

interesting huh?

edit:
Tetris Ultimate is still a busted piece of crap on PS4 and Xbox One, but Ubisoft are releasing DLC first
http://techgeek.com.au/2015/06/11/tetris-u...sing-dlc-first/

VitoKing

A few things first about the video:

1. I notice that it lagged a few times, and pretty bad. I'm not sure if that is on the server side of things or what because I don't own this version of the game.

2. Even though the guy should have topped out long beforehand, I give kudos to the guy because he actually somehow managed to clear a line or two up there, I think.

3. It goes without saying, but HOW DO YOU PATCH A GAME AND JUST SKIP OVER AN OBVIOUS GLITCH LIKE THIS? Ubi had to know this still happened, and it's terrible that they couldn't fix it. I'm sure it wouldn't even take that much time or effort to fix it, so why not just do it?

I've said this before, I have the 3DS version and, as of now, there have been ZERO game breaking bugs. How two versions can be so different is beyond me. All they had to do was take the 3DS version, get rid of line clear delay, and give it a sharper HD sheen, and boom, a decent Tetris game.
This is a signature... enjoy.

cycle

Quote from: VitoKing
A few things first about the video:

1. I notice that it lagged a few times, and pretty bad. I'm not sure if that is on the server side of things or what because I don't own this version of the game.

2. Even though the guy should have topped out long beforehand, I give kudos to the guy because he actually somehow managed to clear a line or two up there, I think.

3. It goes without saying, but HOW DO YOU PATCH A GAME AND JUST SKIP OVER AN OBVIOUS GLITCH LIKE THIS? Ubi had to know this still happened, and it's terrible that they couldn't fix it. I'm sure it wouldn't even take that much time or effort to fix it, so why not just do it?

I've said this before, I have the 3DS version and, as of now, there have been ZERO game breaking bugs. How two versions can be so different is beyond me. All they had to do was take the 3DS version, get rid of line clear delay, and give it a sharper HD sheen, and boom, a decent Tetris game.

1) it can be even worse.
2) the topped out player doesn't see it like that.
3) incompetence. also community managers are cheaper than quality assurance and programmers.

excuse me? the game is a failure on basically all levels. it doesn't get anything right. it has terrible sound and music and interface, colors, no creativity, dead online (its not very active on 3ds either), fails to motivate, bugs, runs like shit. and on top of that lying and censoring developers and community managers who act like everything is fine. there was 0 interaction with the chat on the recent abysmal twitch stream where they showed the game at 1 frame per second for the entire duration. tetris ultimate failure.

VitoKing

To clarify, cycle, I didn't say the 3DS version was great. Obviously there is a limited online community, and once you get 100% completion in the game, there isn't much to strive for. That said, it's not as broken, at least in my experience, as it's console counterparts, and I'm simply stating that if they made one version playable, why not all?

And as to your number 2 point: lol, I know, I'm just saying that it's interesting he was able to.

Taiga

"Practice Makes Perfect Never Give Up Pizza Power!"

jkwon23

Ubisoft released Tetris ultimate for Japan a week ago.

4:45 - Never ending game
5:26 - "T-This game is v-very crazy"

pavlovianpokes

Quote from: jkwon23

4:45 - Never ending game
5:26 - "T-This game is v-very crazy"

Ha ha! That happened to me, I could not finish the game at all. Never happened to me on 3ds. Even when it feels like the other person is hacking the game didn't feel as broken as ps4. I feel burned for switching to ps4.

Otherwise, offline, it feels weird and loose. I played a fair bit on the 3ds and it felt like the pieces locked in together better. Might just take a bit of getting used to.

Is puyo tetris online better? Is there even the possibility to play online in europe with a japanese disc?
3ds:
no way!
0490-6047-7178

psn:
pavlovianpokes

VitoKing

Puyo Tetris, from what I heard, has a decent online presence. And I know that if you get the game on PS3, you should be able to play online just fine. Not sure on other consoles though.

pavlovianpokes

Quote from: VitoKing
Puyo Tetris, from what I heard, has a decent online presence. And I know that if you get the game on PS3, you should be able to play online just fine. Not sure on other consoles though.
Cheers!
3ds:
no way!
0490-6047-7178

psn:
pavlovianpokes

cycle

sorry to bring this horrible game up again but i gotta document the latest move how ubisoft BULLSHITS tetris fans:

on the tetris facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/TetrisUltimate ), on august 28th they write:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]We've been a bit quiet lately, but that's about to change. We'll be replying to as many comments as we can from now on. Have questions about Tetris Ultimate? Feel free to leave them in the comment section below.[/quote]

since then they have gotten many questions and ignored all but 2 of them. those 2 asked about pc release and the response is that they canĀ“t say but stay tuned. they have also written 2 pointless articles since then. one just 5 hours ago.

a big F U (only respecting the forum here) to henk and maya rogers, ubisoft, soma play and whoever else is responsible for destroying the tetris franchise.

VitoKing

Whoa, Cycle, you're still alive? Thought for sure you would have popped up a few weeks ago.

Yeah, everyone called BS on the Tetris Ultimate Q&A. They basically told their most loyal fanbase, the ones who want a PC release or an Update to fix the broken game, that they don't care about them and they are only concerned with the money. Even Blink seems to have got worked up over it, and in my experience he isn't an easy guy to peeve off.

Blink's Post