Tetris ultimate (next gen)

Started by waizqt, June 04, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevcel

Quote from: InkofDeath
January 11th, no PC release date?
Considering the fact of how big the (unfortunate) failure of the Xbox One / PS4 release actually was,
I'd say let's give them 6 more months to release a decent pc version.  
Day One Member of harddrop.com

Sisu

^ Mr. Mihara has access to PS4 online battle?  

cycle

Quote from: Sisu

^ Mr. Mihara has access to PS4 online battle?  

yea everyone watch that video. BUGGY PIECE OF ****

it's been a month and nothing has been fixed. give us a refund ubisoft!

ItsCeeCee

Quote from: Kevcel
January 11th, no PC release date?
Considering the fact of how big the (unfortunate) failure of the Xbox One / PS4 release actually was,
I'd say let's give them 6 more months to release a decent pc version.  

PC and Vita are still in development and we should have some news for you on that soon.

ItsCeeCee

Also, cycle, I did remove your forum replies because they were out of line with the Code of Conduct. Plain and simple. You'll see that users who are able to give constructive criticisms and critiques for the game even the negative were left there because we do take note of what we can improve on in the future and do want to improve the experience for players. I know that games can be SO frustrating but I really do appreciate your patience.  If you'd like to talk more, you're more than welcome to PM me on the appropriate forums.

cycle

Quote from: ItsCeeCee
Also, cycle, I did remove your forum replies because they were out of line with the Code of Conduct. Plain and simple. You'll see that users who are able to give constructive criticisms and critiques for the game even the negative were left there because we do take note of what we can improve on in the future and do want to improve the experience for players. I know that games can be SO frustrating but I really do appreciate your patience.  If you'd like to talk more, you're more than welcome to PM me on the appropriate forums.

no i won't pm you. criticism towards the game should be public. especially in this case.
you deleted negative posts of others. i read every post.

i get that YOU didn't make the game. but you are the person who reads what's written. so i won't hold back because it's not personal. with that said...

i want a refund.

it's been over a month since release. there were no improvements. instead most users abandoned the broken software you sold us and it's therefore useless.

the heavily exaggerated, self praising press release promises at least one feature that is absent in the released software.

"An official Tetris Rank in the shape of Tetriminos has been implemented to classify and identify the top players. Play by Championship Rules for an even greater feat to see where you place among the most elite players."

the ps4 version has a 50% average (of 3) rating on gamerankings and a 3.7 average (of 13) user rating on metacritic which makes it the worst rated tetris game of all time. trailing behind over 20 other rated tetris games.

this is from IGN, jan 19th:

HOW YOU CAN HELP PUT A STOP TO BROKEN GAMES
Enough is enough. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/how...m_medium=social

Kevcel

Quote from: cycle

no i won't pm you. criticism towards the game should be public. especially in this case.
you deleted negative posts of others. i read every post.

i get that YOU didn't make the game. but you are the person who reads what's written. so i won't hold back because it's not personal. with that said...

i want a refund.

it's been over a month since release. there were no improvements. instead most users abandoned the broken software you sold us and it's therefore useless.

the heavily exaggerated, self praising press release promises at least one feature that is absent in the released software.

"An official Tetris Rank in the shape of Tetriminos has been implemented to classify and identify the top players. Play by Championship Rules for an even greater feat to see where you place among the most elite players."

the ps4 version has a 50% average (of 3) rating on gamerankings and a 3.7 average (of 13) user rating on metacritic which makes it the worst rated tetris game of all time. trailing behind over 20 other rated tetris games.

this is from IGN, jan 19th:

HOW YOU CAN HELP PUT A STOP TO BROKEN GAMES
Enough is enough. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/how...m_medium=social

I can only imagine the deleted posts were probably angry rants (idk, I haven't seen them).
Ironically this (see quote) is exactly a type of post that is probably absolutely acceptable. They may not like the negative tone, but the constructive criticism shows reason; something they can react to or can take action to.
Actually, I guess everybody is interested in what happened with these "Championship Rules" of the original press release. We all know things didn't went as smoothly as planned in the time between the press release and the game release dates.
Day One Member of harddrop.com

ItsCeeCee

I posted some information in the Championship Rules thread explaining them. It's not a mode but a set of settings.  

To clarify because I don't think there's an understanding to what criticism is vs insulting something/one. The original posts that were on the other forums had no criticism it was a slew of insults from both parties, both being removed. You'll notice that your follow up post with actual issues and suggestions for improvement remained there as it was constructive and was on topic with the thread itself. My asking you if you'd like to continue this talking via PM was in reference to that, not the game because I hate to clog up Harddrop for something that didn't happen here.

Constructive criticism absolutely should be voiced. How else can we get better? How else can we know what the community wants? You have a right to be upset but there's a way to do this that doesn't involve cursing or insults, personal or not. And that criticism needs to have "hey, here's how I think it could be improved" not screaming about how much we suck with no suggestions for how we can not suck in the future. People that want to talk about what they're experiencing as far as bugs go, I'm all about that. People that want to chat about what cool things we can put in the game? All about that. People that want a refund? They need to talk to support, because I'm not the girl for that.

We're working with first party to send out a patch as quickly as possible. There's a pretty extensive process behind the scenes that most players don't know about and unfortunately it's not just a matter of us flipping a magic patch switch. (Although gosh that would be nice)

cycle

I posted some information in the Championship Rules thread explaining them. It's not a mode but a set of settings.  

To clarify because I don't think there's an understanding to what criticism is vs insulting something/one. The original posts that were on the other forums had no criticism it was a slew of insults from both parties, both being removed. You'll notice that your follow up post with actual issues and suggestions for improvement remained there as it was constructive and was on topic with the thread itself. My asking you if you'd like to continue this talking via PM was in reference to that, not the game because I hate to clog up Harddrop for something that didn't happen here.

Constructive criticism absolutely should be voiced. How else can we get better? How else can we know what the community wants? You have a right to be upset but there's a way to do this that doesn't involve cursing or insults, personal or not. And that criticism needs to have "hey, here's how I think it could be improved" not screaming about how much we suck with no suggestions for how we can not suck in the future. People that want to talk about what they're experiencing as far as bugs go, I'm all about that. People that want to chat about what cool things we can put in the game? All about that. People that want a refund? They need to talk to support, because I'm not the girl for that.

We're working with first party to send out a patch as quickly as possible. There's a pretty extensive process behind the scenes that most players don't know about and unfortunately it's not just a matter of us flipping a magic patch switch. (Although gosh that would be nice)

i call bs on the championship rules explanation and i don't like how your posts are accompanied by smilies. it's insulting and you shouldn't be happy. its a job for you and nothing else. you dont love tetris.

the reality is that humans need to protect themselves from each other. and its a reality that game publishers have become exceedingly greedy and they created a new type of job. community manager. it's cheaper than building quality games.

i know. i have to steer this away from you again itsceecee.

in large part i blame henk rogers. he just wants to sell the license over and over again. pajitnov made him very rich. who is just a mascot that henk pulls out when he needs to promote the newest tetris game which both don't actually care about.

tetris ultimate's interface design is crap. often described as dull and bland. as is the music. it's slow and just unfun in general to play. the definition of soulless. people canĀ“t figure out how to play with their online friends or local multiplayer. not to mention the myriad of glitches and frame drops.

but the biggest problem is that people abandoned it and they won't come back even if the game was fixed. which i don't think will happen because the way the game was designed and released speaks volumes about soma. it's over. we probably have to wait more than 5 years for the next tetris on next gen systems.

please realize the damage that was done here. tetris lovers have yet again lost the opportunity to form a fun and healthy community for a long time and the (absolutely magnificent gameplay) brand has been dragged into the mud deeper than ever before.

tetris on gameboy was the first game i ever bought and it's significantly better than tetris ultimate.

InkofDeath

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]PC and Vita are still in development and we should have some news for you on that soon.[/quote]

Thank you for your continued updates CeeCee!

cycle

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]PC and Vita are still in development and we should have some news for you on that soon.

Thank you for your continued updates CeeCee!
[/quote]

very interesting what i found in the chatbox.

caffeine3:02Tetris gods bless ceecee. I don't envy her--being thrown into the middle of this ****storm
Kevcel3:43meh, it's not that big. Isn't it only cycle creating the ****storm? After all, it seemed he created an account just to **** about the game
flibben4:32streaming some cultris at http://www.twitch.tv/flibbens
ItsCeeCee4:32Thank you caffeine. < 3
ItsCeeCee4:32Believe me, I want a great Tetris just as much as you guys do.
EagleLover585:01The 3ds really isn't that bad in fact if more people were online than it would be perfect
EagleLover585:02It's not your fault tu just doesn't have enough player base
EagleLover585:03If thr pc version is better than the 3ds than the tc in my opinion is doing great

why are u guys letting your pants down? cause ubisofts "community developer" keeps mentioning she is a girl and throws around with hearts?

do u guys live in a bubble? i could post a hundred shitstorm messages i've read on various message boards but i will leave it up to your imagination.

maybe watch the last video that was posted in this thread and form your own opinion.

caffeine

why are u guys letting your pants down? cause ubisofts "community developer" keeps mentioning she is a girl and throws around with hearts?

do u guys live in a bubble? i could post a hundred shitstorm messages i've read on various message boards but i will leave it up to your imagination.

maybe watch the last video that was posted in this thread and form your own opinion.

You ever hear the expression, "don't shoot the messenger"?

Are there serious problems with XB1/PS4 right now? Is it taking a while to fix? Am I upset about all of this? Yes, of course! Right after the release, I wrote a long feedback post about it all.

You're acting like we don't already know about these complaints you're bringing up. We know, Ubisoft knows, IGN knows, everyone knows. It's out there already, so there's really no need to be so combative. It won't accomplish anything. It's not like someone's reading your post and then telling the CEO of Ubisoft. "Sir, cycle is really mad about these problems we're having with Tetris." "Oh no! We better shape up to make cycle happy! Let's triple our budget for Tetris!"

cycle

Quote from: caffeine

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/sparta.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/sparta.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

You're acting like we don't already know about these complaints you're bringing up. We know, Ubisoft knows, IGN knows, everyone knows. It's out there already, so there's really no need to be so combative. It won't accomplish anything.

honestly i get the impression that nobody cares. especially not here. it's rather the opposite. people have a laugh. you all gave up on official tetris (and rightly so) and are content with old tgm, tf and clones.

Sisu9:02maybe. who do u think cares tho
Sisu9:05so ur obviously a scrub
Sisu9:07TUPC looks like massive upgrade
Sisu9:09do u understand TUPC will have a functional global Elo
Sisu9:10we dont care abt ps4 that much, sorry. its played by only a handful of ppl
Sisu9:11ur are a beta test monkey. stfu & get puyo tetris if u want a quality ps4 game

cycle9:24sisu u called me a beta testing monkey
Sisu9:25cuz u r. ps4 xb TU is a drop in the ocean. realtalk
cycle9:25wow u are so badass i wanna be like u
Boingloing9:25^
ItsCeeCee9:25don't we all. >_>
ItsCeeCee9:25  

It's not like someone's reading your post and then telling the CEO of Ubisoft. "Sir, cycle is really mad about these problems we're having with Tetris." "Oh no! We better shape up to make cycle happy! Let's triple our budget for Tetris!"

sounds like you just told me what you want. i think there is no solution.

i am pretty much done venting. but there might be a final rant after the patch.

Sisu

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/sparta.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/sparta.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

You're acting like we don't already know about these complaints you're bringing up. We know, Ubisoft knows, IGN knows, everyone knows. It's out there already, so there's really no need to be so combative. It won't accomplish anything.

honestly i get the impression that nobody cares. especially not here. it's rather the opposite. people have a laugh. you all gave up on official tetris (and rightly so) and are content with old tgm, tf and clones.

Sisu9:10we dont care abt ps4 that much, sorry. its played by only a handful of ppl
Sisu9:11ur are a beta test monkey. stfu & get puyo tetris if u want a quality ps4 game

ItsCeeCee9:25  

It's not like someone's reading your post and then telling the CEO of Ubisoft. "Sir, cycle is really mad about these problems we're having with Tetris." "Oh no! We better shape up to make cycle happy! Let's triple our budget for Tetris!"

sounds like you just told me what you want. i think there is no solution.

i am pretty much done venting. but there might be a final rant after the patch.
u mad

^ o hey the proper smiley is back yay

i figured i'd put the actual log here for context:

[spoiler]Swarley11:08why are people expressing so much gratitude towards the very vague updates regarding TU's release
Swarley11:09i feel like they are doing an awful job with their community management at this point
djackallstar12:48natuyume streaming tf ffa, featuring mattyabar, fran_s, salvia, polygon, takuya
djackallstar12:48http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/co462938
larrytetris12:51welp
larrytetris12:51didn't get agizzle
larrytetris1:28natuyume just sent 131 in 1:17 on TF...
ItsCeeCee8:35Swarley, I can only give everyone information that I have.
Boingloing8:47ffff getting packed for magfest
Boingloing8:47I'm horrified that something is going to go wrong tbh
VitoKing8:48To be fair, the developer of the game (Ubisoft) has many franchises that probably garner more attention then TU does. I assume they are trying to do the best they can, but they do have a lot on their plates too. Just be patient is all I would say, but patience id hard to come by these days.
VitoKing8:48*is
cycle8:49this is unfair vitoking
cycle8:50i dont have to be patient. i pay money.
ItsCeeCee8:50We have different teams here at Ubi that are dedicated to various games, so TU does have a dedicated team that are working at getting the patch to the players
cycle8:50i want a finished product.
VitoKing8:50CeeCee, I'm sure they won't be extreme, but any info on specs for PC?
ItsCeeCee8:51I can get those
VitoKing8:51Seet
VitoKing8:51*sweet... damn keyboard
cycle8:52you know what happens when i wait for hours for my meal at the restaurant? i go without paying
cycle8:52i leave
cycle8:53the game industry wants us to preorder games.
VitoKing8:54I understand where frustration comes from, trust me. I saw BF4 on release, and those problems were far and away worse then TU and that was a $60 game.
cycle8:54i know
cycle8:54and they need to get sued
ore1008:54:O
cycle8:55all ubisoft games were like that too
cycle8:55they release unfinsihed games and u ask me to be patient to fix their bugs. not to mention tu is barebones
VitoKing8:56You want bare bones, you ever play Tetris Splash on 360? Only two modes and an online mode. Compared to that, TU didn't do bad, especially on 3DS.
VitoKing8:56And yeah, Ubi has had some big issues as of late, can'
VitoKing8:57*can't speak as to why.
Boingloing8:57Splash is barebones but good
Sisu8:57cycle...nobody hears u dog
Boingloing8:57the worst part about splash was the 360 d-pad
cycle8:58barebones is ok. but when u deliver barebones in a broken state its pathetic
Sisu8:58there isnt a single tetris game ever that is "perfect" & everybody likes
cycle8:58i loooooove tetris ds
VitoKing8:58Definitely. That D-pad is a tetris killer
cycle8:58tgm is great
cycle8:58tetris gameboy is good
Sisu8:58and to some ppl TDS is ****ing crap
Boingloing8:58lol tetris gameboy is freaking broken
Boingloing8:59it's so difficult where you have to wail on the d-pad at certain points
cycle8:59this doesnt make tetris ultimate better
Boingloing8:59I like TU
Sisu8:59the bulk playerbase here is united from broke ass dog **** TF & TB
cycle8:59like i wrote in the thread. it's the worst rated tetris game of all time
Boingloing9:00even worse than TGM Ace?
cycle9:00are u really here to defend tu?
Sisu9:00and that bulk playerbase dont car at all that ur unsatisfied w ur $10 purchase
cycle9:00what platforum do u play tu on?
Boingloing9:00I play on 3DS so that's different
Sisu9:00TUPCmasterrace
cycle9:00and i am talking ps4
Boingloing9:01and yeah I don't mind defending something if it means not letting someone just run their mouth off and expect us to stroke his ego so
Boingloing9:01I'm at least gonna make you articulate your thoughts better
VitoKing9:01If you want my personal least favorite, I thought that the New Tetris on 64 was bad. Infinite spin made it impossible to top out some players, and I just don't like Square tetris
Boingloing9:01I had the same issue with Worlds
Boingloing9:01cascade and square just weren't all that fun
cycle9:02several tetris clones are better than tu
cycle9:02or other official tetris games
cycle9:02id say objectively
cycle9:03i do
VitoKing9:03Surprisingly, I thought the one with Mickey Mouse on the 64 was quite good.
Boingloing9:03objectively
Boingloing9:03Magical Tetris challenge is all right
Boingloing9:03multiplayer is really strange though
cycle9:03i havent played that
Boingloing9:03it was my first tetris game, actually!
cycle9:03i bought tetris on gameboy day one
cycle9:03tho
Sisu9:04so? that game is broken garbage
cycle9:04really fun
VitoKing9:04I like that though, the MTC multiplayer. Throwing in odd shaped blocks as opposed to just garbage was a better change then what I think most of the power ups are in the newer games.
cycle9:04id never talk like that about gb tetris
Boingloing9:04oh no I don't mean that aspect, vitoking
Boingloing9:05I mean that combo is literally the main way to attack your opponent. also the shared next queue just messes with me too much
Sisu9:05i played it in 1989 too dog. but i understand now its s**t
cycle9:05why are u attacking me?
Boingloing9:05I... wasn't alive in 1989 soz
Sisu9:06cycle, cuz ur boring
VitoKing9:06GB Tetris is certainly slower then most Tetris. I personally like the two NES Tetris better, but I don't hate GB
Boingloing9:06I'm practicing NEStris because they're going to have it at MAGfest
cycle9:07go attack other boring stuff
VitoKing9:07Well, you can always download the GB tetris now from.... wait, they removed it from the eshop? What the hell Nintendo!
Sisu9:07TF sucks ass. everybody here knows it. we stopped complaining long ago
cycle9:07u havent seen it
Boingloing9:07neither have you?
Sisu9:07have u played TF
cycle9:07yes
VitoKing9:08The NES game takes time to master thats for sure.
VitoKing9:08Have you ever played the Tengen version?
Sisu9:08do u actually understand how stronk the flex engine of TU is?
Boingloing9:08I've been trying to branch out from guideline lately, not because I have any problems with it but I'ms tarting to feel like a bit of a 1 trick pony when it comes to tetris
Boingloing9:08then people are like "oh you're good at tetris you should play this game!" then I suck at it and it's humiliating
cycle9:09a game other than tetris?
Boingloing9:09no, just non-guideline games etc
VitoKing9:09lol, well, I suck at most versions. But I want to one day put that "Golden T" trophy on my mantle, so I practice NES Tetris like a mad man.
cycle9:09oh it will? thats nice. why cant i have that on ps4?
Boingloing9:09like I don't "suck" but I odn't do very well
Boingloing9:10ooh global elo? that's neat
Boingloing9:10I'll probably get TUPC when it comes out too, provided that my platform can run it
cycle9:10i havent seen anything confirmed for pc tu. pc and xbox has no elo
Boingloing9:10yeah sisu would **** on my fun with the 3DS one too
cycle9:10wow speak for yourself
Sisu9:10TF is played by 100s here
VitoKing9:11I imagine the PC specs won't be too bad... I mean, it's just Tetris.
cycle9:11so it doesnt matter the ps4 version sucks cause sisu likes pc. i get it. you are a picturebook douchebag
VitoKing9:12That... is an interesting insult
Sisu9:12i mean... thats just free advice. do what u want. but nobody cares iydk ^_^
cycle9:12u gave no advice
Sisu9:13i did in fact say get puyo tetris for ps4. its a great game
cycle9:13...
Boingloing9:14I'm pretty sure people do care about the console ones, too, though, sisu is just kinda like that
Boingloing9:14not as much, sure, but it's not like nobody gives a crap
Kevcel9:14I find it 'funny' how everyone is comparising TU with other tetris games gameplay wise, that was absolutely not cycle's point of discussion.
cycle9:15thats right
Kevcel9:15We've all seen the broken release of TU on consoles.
Kevcel9:15I do understand the frustration of cycle when ''many people'' seem to sweet talk that, which is weird.
Sisu9:15between PPT and TU for $10, i think a ps4 tetrist can eek out a happy existence
Kevcel9:15Yes, lately we have seen many broken releases. And that's absolutely something we cannot accept.
Boingloing9:16your emote usage is v condescending
Kevcel9:16Asking for a refund; something I personally would totally understand.
Boingloing9:16yeah I suppose so
Kevcel9:16HOWEVER, We (/ I?) do have a problem with how you (cycle) handle it.
Boingloing9:17Yeah you kind of came in on the offensive right away
Kevcel9:17Attacking people personally and verbally on a forum is something that should never be tolerated.
Kevcel9:17THAT is the only issue...
cycle9:17sure..
Boingloing9:17I don't have a problem with you being dissatisfied, it's understandable, just try to be more cool about it next time
Kevcel9:17The why's: We get that (y)
cycle9:17i wont be here for long
Boingloing9:18You're leaving because of TU?
cycle9:18yes
Boingloing9:18well that's silly
cycle9:19no its not
Boingloing9:19there are SO many other games to discuss on here
cycle9:19i am not talking about 10 bucks
Sisu9:19/6
Boingloing9:19you can never talk about TU again
Boingloing9:19and still have a perfectly fine existence on this site
cycle9:19i am talking about a tetris community that could have been
cycle9:19potential was wasted
Boingloing9:20I agree about that
Boingloing9:20but I don't see what leaving does?
Boingloing9:20we're not the ones who made the game
cycle9:20i am not blaming u...i blame douchebags like sisu tho
Boingloing9:21but you shouldn't let one person (or one type of person) ruin it. What am I saying, I can't get upset at someone for doing that because it's exactly what I did with Melee
Sisu9:21lmfao. what would u have me do?
cycle9:21i wanna see what the tu patch brings
Boingloing9:21Do what you gotta do but know that there are cool people here if you want to come back
ItsCeeCee9:21Hi cycle. I do get the frustration. I play the game every night and not just because it's from my company. It's because I, like you, love Tetris. I wish it was better. But that's why everyone's input, including yours which we have used, is so valuable.
Sisu9:21join your pointless b***hfest?
cycle9:22sorry ceecee...the nature of your job makes everything u say meaningless to me
ItsCeeCee9:22I was put on the project because of my love for the brand, not because it was my job.
cycle9:22sisu i agree its a pointless crapfest
Sisu9:23thats cuz ur too late dog. smart ppl got in touch w ceecee a long time ago
cycle9:23its really pointless and i will leave soon
cycle9:23but its all i have..i am venting
ItsCeeCee9:25:p
Boingloing9:26lol
Boingloing9:27no
Boingloing9:28ok I have class bye
cycle9:28cya
SuPa9:51cycle, sisu is just telling it like it is.the first thing you did when you joined this site was complain about tu. and have been doing so for over a month. haven't said one single constructive thing yet.
Boingloing9:54While that's true it's not like Sisu is really handling it that well either though? Acting pretty condescending an immature imo
cycle9:59that's wrong supa
Sisu10:00i wishhhhh it wasnt like this. i wishhhh all the platforms had cross play and global release by now...
cycle10:00its gonna be a disaster if vita doesnt have cross buy and cross play
Sisu10:00but i understand why thats not the way it is. & TUPC is order of magnitude a bigger deal
Sisu10:01simply cuz in multiplayer...the players make the game
cycle10:01doubt it
cycle10:03tu was supposed to be released in summer on xbox and ps4 and a little later pc and vita
cycle10:030 explanation why this didnt happen
cycle10:04all of a sudden 3ds version was announced AND released first
cycle10:04still extremely late
Sisu10:04dont care. s**t happens. see tgm4. next
cycle10:04i know u dont care
Sisu10:05i care abt ur tetrizoid
Sisu10:05and tough love is the only way to save it :*[/spoiler]
all the emotes dont display the same here on the forum. o well

KurisuKaatsu

This will be likely my last post for this game as I have moved on to other projects and have lost faith with this version of Tetris.

It was my sixth time at E3 and after how amazing Puyo Tetris was, I was excited to see what direction ubisoft would take Tetris Ultimate. I got to meet up up shortly with Adrian Price on friday(?) and I was asked on my opinion.

The minute I started to critique his work, I was cut-off mid sentence, was told that it's a work in progress, and pushed away like I didn't know what I was talking about or giving him his praise like he "deserves". It was borderline insulting having industry professionals around me have to see that. I literally didn't get one sentence in and I was being EXTREMEMLY business tactful as I know that critique can be taken offensively. (Been there 6 years, learned the hard way years ago with Konami.)

Now, I'm not the best Tetris player in the world. I'm good enough to play with "some" of the HD guys though. One of the problems is having a producer (Adrian Price), who doesn't understand the game enough, trying to make a "hardcore" version of the game. I've watched him play multiple times and already saw the red flags. At least Alex Rigopulos of Harmonix plays JP rhythm games so he understands what direction a game needs to take for casuals and hardcore demographic.

I never announced this but I sent an E-mail directly to Adrian Price around August, (I got his buisness information at E3), and I asked under my own expenses, I asked if I could fly back to their studios to further test the game and brainstorm some ideas for the future of tetris. I did not receive a response. I'm surprised that the Soma team didn't take some of the hints I left on this forum about how to evolve the Tetris game.

I saw this coming and I've seen this with multiple other games throughout the years, but the tl;dr of this is that a producer who doesn't know enough about a project, can't make it better. It's like having someone buy out an anime convention just because of the possible income without the knowledge and an understand of the culture.

Persona Selfie
In non-related news, I got to work with the Persona team this weekend WOOOO!!!