Tetris ultimate (next gen)

Started by waizqt, June 04, 2014, 03:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caffeine

For that error, do the full power cycle I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, the new patch didn't fix the desync problem.  =(

wolfbro

cant get right[attachmentid=841]

(I saw this on a another site. Thought i would share)
ive been told that the Psn Tetris is the minor leagues.

PSN: Wolfbro25

DumbledorsArmy

Quote from: caffeine
For that error, do the full power cycle I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, the new patch didn't fix the desync problem.  =(

Yeah, I'm back up and running. Pain in the ass, I'm still learning just how to operate this damn thing.

Still having fun with TU, but waiting for the fixes.

HERO_KID

can someone tell me the optimal delay rate settings? i have set mine up and it seems decent but occasionally when i drag pieces it feels a bit glitchy and pulls too far. any advice is appreciated... also, i would rather the hold queue button to be my triggers not my l1-r1.... i cant seem to find a way to change this?? and one more thing.. when i am playing 4 player battle i can barely see my queue because my tv is small, and the "j" thats blue blends in way too much with the background... if someone can help me with some options that would be awesome.

side note: my xbox 360 has been broken for some time, and now im on playstation... i suck. lol i cant even hit 35 LPM... sigh. anyway ill start grinding and get better.. if anyone wants to add me its - Mikeday1990

cycle

Quote from: HERO_KID
can someone tell me the optimal delay rate settings? i have set mine up and it seems decent but occasionally when i drag pieces it feels a bit glitchy and pulls too far. any advice is appreciated... also, i would rather the hold queue button to be my triggers not my l1-r1.... i cant seem to find a way to change this?? and one more thing.. when i am playing 4 player battle i can barely see my queue because my tv is small, and the "j" thats blue blends in way too much with the background... if someone can help me with some options that would be awesome.

side note: my xbox 360 has been broken for some time, and now im on playstation... i suck. lol i cant even hit 35 LPM... sigh. anyway ill start grinding and get better.. if anyone wants to add me its - Mikeday1990

the minos (the pieces) slide way too much. it's a combination of input lag and a setting that u cannot change. it's better to keep the repeat rate low (5,6,7) to minimise this HUGE problem. it cannot be fixed client side really.

there is no way to re-assign the buttons. the rest is bad game design.

the game is a total failure. it's the most broken, glitchy, soulless, feature deprived official version of tetris i know of. it flopped at release and by the time patches trickle in no active community will have formed. the end.

this is my personal opinion and does not reflect the community of harddrop.

caffeine

can someone tell me the optimal delay rate settings?
Autorepeat should be max. AR delay should be around 6 or 7. If that's too slippery, then decrease it. If it's too sticky, then increase.

HERO_KID

Quote from: caffeine
can someone tell me the optimal delay rate settings?
Autorepeat should be max. AR delay should be around 6 or 7. If that's too slippery, then decrease it. If it's too sticky, then increase.

thanks man

kaibutsu

Personally, I set my auto repeat delay to 8, 9 might be better for 40 lines. I think if you sign up for uPlay and do the accomplishments, you can get uPlay credits and purchase a different background. I also went to the visual options and turned off the animation background. It was too distracting.

cycle

Quote from: kaibutsu
think if you sign up for uPlay and do the accomplishments, you can get uPlay credits and purchase a different background. I also went to the visual options and turned off the animation background. It was too distracting.

you cannot not play without uplay without removing the internet connection from your console.

it looks like you can get those rewards. you can't.

at least not on the console. you have to go to a pc and there you can download the 2 music pieces, the wallpaper and some sort of forum icon. it's nothing but spyware really and reduces the quality of all ubisoft games. it's a very good reason to simply avoid ubisoft games. i know i will.

DumbledorsArmy

So I noticed a couple of things about Sprint. If you go to check the leaderboard and have it set for global, it shows hundredths of a second on the times. If you switch to only friends, it doesn't. Also, to see YOUR exact time for Sprint, go to someones profile and compare games with them. Select Tetris Ultimate. Click on the big box that says 'Time Played' at the top for stats on several things, including your full time for Sprint. It will show both your scores.

I still don't understand why Sprint doesn't show you hundredths of a second on the time in-game. Sprint is all about speed, seems like it would be an important stat to have handy.....

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/DumbledorsArmy360/Tetris/UltimateSprinttime_zpsdeea4ef9.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"100\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv211/DumbledorsArmy360/Tetris/UltimateSprinttime_zpsdeea4ef9.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

cycle

several users posts at the tu ubisoft forums were deleted today.

cycle

i just noticed my ps4 downloaded patch 1.01 on my ps4 at 4:27am (gmt+1)

the version history says: "This patch contains various performance improvements and minor bug-fixes."

i couldn't find any improvements. the sound is even glitchier than before. leaderboards are messed up.

i search for online multiplayer. after 30 seconds it stopped and gave me an error. i search again. after about 3 minutes i stop it myself and make a new search. it found 3 others after about 30 seconds. then i have to wait another minute before i can join.

the controls and framerate and lack of button response made it absolutely unplayable (same as before the patch.) (i won the match btw so there is no source of frustration.)

single player marathon didn't feel much better.

i didnt bother with anything else...gonna look how i can get a refund now. never had to do this before with any game.

cycle

nvm.

kastle09

I finally got to play a bit of the game at a friends house. This isn't a review of the game more of a first impressions, maybe a little bit of feedback for the devs

We played 3 player battle and battle ultimate vs.

I don't play a lot of console tetris so movement with my left hand was killing me for a bit, I had alot of misdrops. but added to the fun for sure

It looks great, I never thought Id be saying that about next gen graphical tetris, but after the blockiness that is Tetris friends, or that hardcore performance only mindset of nullpol and lockjaw. I don't mind having a game that actually looks nice to play.

It does have a high degree of fun, we were playing for ages. The mode with all the items especially was pretty fun although I'm not sure how effective some of the items are. I also hope its something they can have fun with by putting in new ones especially items that affect your own matrix, Buzzsaw is nice but pretty ech. What would be good is an option to choose what items to have and maybe increase or decrease the frequency.

I also question the design of the menus... I'm turning a bit Total Biscuit now. I can understand if the were going for the select mode and get straight into it, but I found the menu very busy, lots of text in small boxes, it reminded me a lot of the original Starcraft 2 menus, which had the same problem. It really came to light when we were first trying to work out how to add more players to the party and constantly adding a bot on accident.
We figured it out eventually and the method was actually pretty easy but I feel like those things should be intuitive. Its adding players to a party for christ sake it shouldn't be the clearest thing in the world.
I much prefer having a menu into the game mode, and then another menu adding players/bots. "Press A to Join" is pretty clear what it does.

The only other problem I saw was the handicap system. I am a pretty good player, better than the average player. The system they've gone with seems to be just adding grey lines from the start, but to a good player its not really the worst thing and in fact can lead to some high combos, meaning the only disadvantage is early game, but lasting more than a minute it becomes the same again.
I would much prefer a system that shrinks the matrix by adding lines that can't disappear. If you think about most of the setups most really competitive tetris players use whether its setting up T spins, 4lines whatever, it involves building a large stack and flushing out in one go. By shrinking the matrix it basically means that the  risk reward trade off needs to be decided a bit more quickly, which is challenging.

Like I said this isn't a full review, this was playing for 4 hours in 2 game modes so the lots of other issues with the game I'm not able to explore. But I will be getting it on PC version and then I'll be able to provide some more feedback.

InkofDeath

January 11th, no PC release date?