The Mega Mega Mega Tournament of Madness

Started by Katatoniopeth, December 19, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katatoniopeth

The Tournament has begun! Check the link to the brackets to see who are you are playing! GAME 1 ON

So here is the tournament. It starts on (EDIT) TF, first to 10 wins, each person gets (EDIT) 3
opponents. It is going to be T-Spin maps, no items E+.

I am gonna cut 1/4 of the players who lost (based upon their win/loss ratio) then TOP (SORRY FOR SWITCHING AGAIN) (Casual items), same deal. Same idea, first to 10 wins. After that I am gonna cut another 1/4 off based on win/loss ratio.

Now it is time for Nullpomino 7.5! It is going to be allspins, (all formats are 1v1 btw) same thing, first to 10 wins.

After that, I am going to take the top 4 players, to play first to 10 WIN BY 2, Nullpomino Blockbox rule settings.

BRACKETS for Round 1
http://challonge.com/megamegamega

BRACKETS for Round 2

http://challonge.com/megamegamegatop

Google Docs Mega Mega Mega Tourney Spreadsheet

Here are the links to download Tetris Online Poland,  and Nullpomino.

PM me for TOP link please, sorry and thank you.

Nullpomino 7.5: http://nullpo.it.cx/

I am going to play round 2 by ear, Pm players to set up matches.

Also thanks go out to MuchoExito for setting up the brackets!

( EDIT: I am just going to be in the room or have a 3rd person top out every game in multiplayer, the TF items are wayy too random and unbalanced, and ruin the fun of the game. So round 2 is TOP.

Round 2 is over! Round 3 has begun!Round 3 Nullpomino All Spins

The Finals are here! Congrats to the final 4, Muchoexito, Master, Profane, and Dotamistern!

Here are the brackets Nullpomino Block Box

Ok so here's how the madness works. It is double elimination, first to 10 win by 2. The FINAL 2 players will play with Toj rules, first to 15 win by 2.

The deadline for the first bracket matches end March 2nd. Glhf

PolarisTR

pizzapizza

if this was tetrisfriends i would of consider it but its more then that  

good luck to the others

Profane

never played TOP but i guess theres no time like the present.  

IN!

eevor

I'm in!

Pizza it's TF only if you fall out in the first round

MuchoExito

I'm In

I don't quite get it! But I'm in!  =D

unpronuncyashun2

Wait so is this a ToP or TF tourney? I'm in either way.

eevor

It's both! Plus Nullpo
First round TF. best 2/3 of players advance to second round, TOP. And again, best 2/3 of players advance to third round, Nullpo. If I understand correctly.

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: eevor
It's both! Plus Nullpo
First round TF. best 2/3 of players advance to second round, TOP. And again, best 2/3 of players advance to third round, Nullpo. If I understand correctly.

Yes, that's right, also the last 4 players playing OMINO

StS

I'm in!

Just why no KOS?  Also, never heard of O-Mino before, just tried it, but got bored. :O
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

VladtheImpala

Sounds pretty cool. Depending on the timeframe, I'm game (finals are coming up after all :o). though Omino for the final is a bit anticlimactic... I would vote for like some sort of TGM game or tetrevil (or maybe something like not tetris or hextris for lulz). Though you're the gamemaster, so rules are rules.

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: StS
I'm in!

Just why no KOS?  Also, never heard of O-Mino before, just tried it, but got bored. :O

I thought about it, but KOS might take awhile, unless people were willing to be on and active the whole time. Ahh O-Mino gets tough believe me, hebo mai played it and even he said it was tough. So idk about gettin bored, after awhile it gets frustrating hahaha, it was just a silly twist I added to the tourney, and hell yes, thanks to everyone who has signed up thus far, I want at least 12 participants, but 20 would be ideal.

Quote from: VladtheImpala
Sounds pretty cool. Depending on the timeframe, I'm game (finals are coming up after all :o). though Omino for the final is a bit anticlimactic... I would vote for like some sort of TGM game or tetrevil (or maybe something like not tetris or hextris for lulz). Though you're the gamemaster, so rules are rules.

Vlad link me to some of those games, I am open to switch it up, I hear what you are saying.

StS

Agreed on KoS that it might take some time, unless you could get myndzi to implement a speed-KoS mode (i.e. introduce a timer).

Yeah, I saw OMino get hard. But I didn't feel like the difficulty made it all that interesting. I agree with Vlad that it is a bit anti-climatic as a final game. How about NEStris for final game, as it is a somewhat traditional Tetris game.

Also, lol, first-person Tetris let's go!
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

Argentino

:F is this the tourney you mentioned?

tk198