The Mega Mega Mega Tournament of Madness

Started by Katatoniopeth, December 19, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VladtheImpala

omg firstpersontetris yes. especially with night mode and existential crisis mode, though that's a bit hard to monitor. As for the TGM stuff, there are modes that would be acceptable in Nullpo, which would be easy to monitor (i.e. speed mania, speed mania 2, or final if you're insane). There are also official TGM clients (i.e. texmaster) but i know close to nothing about those.

here's not tetris, it's downloadable: http://stabyourself.net/nottetris2/

hextris is playable online: http://www.hextris.com/

we could also do BB (it's supported on null if it doesn't work on the original server) if you want to make profane cry tears of sweet, sweet joy.

Master

pizzapizza

Quote from: Master
me vs pizzza 1vs1

master winning for sure if that was the case

Extruderx

I'm in. The final round "3 tries" thing works only if all of the players stream their attempts live. I can do this, but I'm not sure about the others.

Antifate

I'm in. Heading back to the US so I can actually connect to servers.

Fearrrrrrrrr.

P.S. let me skip to TOP pls

P. P. S. TF has reliably shown itself to not only be an engine that blows for player performance but spectating as well, lacking information like held pieces, incoming pieces, etc. as well as having extremely bad refresh rate. Maps is a pretty bad idea as well. I understand why something like TTO might have been hosted on it, but it makes absolutely no sense in the context of this tournament.  A big pull of TF is its official and casual friendly nature, but success in this tournament means playing on TOP and Nullpo, something that excludes casuals and lacks "official" TTO support (not that TF really has any). In any case, most players that have tried to play on all three clients do not prefer TF (those that do generally like TF for social reasons, not "engine" reasons). Basically, having a mapped, TF round will not encourage casual players to get interested and will just annoy players who want to play on other, more stable and quicker clients. Honestly c2 would be so much better than TF. Indeed TF is pretty much just a laggier version of TOP (yes I am aware there are slight differences). If you really want participants to "traverse the Tetris world," then c2 is a far superior game.

Blitz

dotamistern

morningpee

jezevec10

Master

Quote from: pizzapizza
master winning for sure if that was the case

I change my keyboard settings now my sprint time is 1:30
it will be a good match

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: Antifate
I'm in. Heading back to the US so I can actually connect to servers.

Fearrrrrrrrr.

P.S. let me skip to TOP pls

P. P. S. TF has reliably shown itself to not only be an engine that blows for player performance but spectating as well, lacking information like held pieces, incoming pieces, etc. as well as having extremely bad refresh rate. Maps is a pretty bad idea as well. I understand why something like TTO might have been hosted on it, but it makes absolutely no sense in the context of this tournament.  A big pull of TF is its official and casual friendly nature, but success in this tournament means playing on TOP and Nullpo, something that excludes casuals and lacks "official" TTO support (not that TF really has any). In any case, most players that have tried to play on all three clients do not prefer TF (those that do generally like TF for social reasons, not "engine" reasons). Basically, having a mapped, TF round will not encourage casual players to get interested and will just annoy players who want to play on other, more stable and quicker clients. Honestly c2 would be so much better than TF. Indeed TF is pretty much just a laggier version of TOP (yes I am aware there are slight differences). If you really want participants to "traverse the Tetris world," then c2 is a far superior game.

How about I just switch it to T Spin Maps on Top, I can do that, I really don't like c2, so I really don't wanna go that route. I will edit my post, I agree with the performance issues and whatnot.

Quote from: jezevec10
When will it be held?

It will be held when I get 20 participants, or an even number I can cap it at.

There are 15 participants with myself being included if I am not mistaken, a few posters didn't confirm to me that they are joining, so let me know. I have 5 open slots left!

Also, someone link me to first person Tetris, I may switch it to that, I am flexible about the final game, so I am interested in checking it out.

Quote from: Extruderx
I'm in. The final round "3 tries" thing works only if all of the players stream their attempts live. I can do this, but I'm not sure about the others.

I am getting a new computer today, so I will be able to stream as well, I just need to get xsplit and all that jazz. Also, commentators come forth! i will be doing commentary and I am sure PolarisTR will be down for some as well, also if ANYONE has skype, add me (Katatoniapeth) I want to stream and do commentary for as many matches as possible, but I am open to others doing so as well of course!  Edit: Please send me your HD sn with your skype request, thanks much.

StS

Quote from: Katatoniopeth
Also, someone link me to first person Tetris, I may switch it to that, I am flexible about the final game, so I am interested in checking it out.
I am getting a new computer today, so I will be able to stream as well, I just need to get xsplit and all that jazz. Also, commentators come forth! i will be doing commentary and I am sure PolarisTR will be down for some as well, also if ANYONE has skype, add me (Katatoniapeth) I want to stream and do commentary for as many matches as possible, but I am open to others doing so as well of course!  Edit: Please send me your HD sn with your skype request, thanks much.

Here's a link: http://urbancanvas.net/firstpersontetris/

About streaming: can't you only stream for someone else if the game in question has a spectator mode?
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

VladtheImpala

There are tspin maps on TOP? also let's just say I am for sure joining. I'll make time through finals .

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: StS
Here's a link: http://urbancanvas.net/firstpersontetris/

About streaming: can't you only stream for someone else if the game in question has a spectator mode?

Yeah, that's true, so for the final game, I am still uncertain as to what it will be, also thanks for the link, I will be checking the game out fo sho.

And @ Vlad, hell yeah buddy! Good luck to ya, this tournament is gonna rock!  

And also yep, there are T-spin maps on TOP.

Master