How did you get your name?

Started by Magnanimous, January 08, 2010, 11:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldPlatedDish

When I was searching for a unique username (since thinking up usernames isn't one of my fortes), I happened upon a username generator on GameSpy
It gave me PolyesterShire and GoldPlatedDividend
But since Dividend was too long, I shortened it to Dish
And here I am!

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

computerguy99

Quote from: ohitsstef
oh-its-stef

the end.
oh i thought it was o-hi-its-stef
Mine is....
Computer because i really enjoy working (and taking apart) computers.
Guy because I'm a guy. (lol)
99 because thats my birthyear.
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99

spoolofyule

usually i use the alias estherium (esther is my first name and -ium is a common suffix for chemical elements).

i thought i was gonna be a hot shot chemist and come up with super cool sick stuff, but then i realized that i am not science saavy and that dream was quickly crushed. also, one of my asshole professors threw a bag of tea at my head and said if i was a mediocre student, why would i want to go on to be a mediocre doctor? perhaps he was wrong. anywayyyyy....

then on omgpop, this scary girl was stalking me by username so i changed it to spool of yule. my korean name is yoo ri and there was a spool of thread that was on my desk.

then, my fav tagalog word is tsinelas (sandals) so there's that too....

medyas

medyas is tagalog (filipino) for socks. my last name starts with soc- so a lot of people call me soc or socs. when i was in the philippines a few years ago, some friends i made there decided to call my brother and i medyas isa (sock #1) and medyas dalawa (sock #2). the dy in medyas is pronounced like a j so medyas actually sounds like may-jas, not meddy-a**.

i've gone by socsinabox before. i think the pictures speak for themselves:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/47/120/32700358/n32700358_30375632_2480.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/47/120/32700358/n32700358_30375632_2480.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/47/120/32700358/n32700358_30375631_2169.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v65/47/120/32700358/n32700358_30375631_2169.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

solo2001

[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

mzhang

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

themysticalninja

I am the mysticalninja, because i am a ninja and I am mysitcal.  Also The Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64 is one of the greatest video games ever.  I am a mystical ninja like goemon.
Morpheus: What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on!

Someone2knoe

I was in 5th grade and barely started using a computer.  I needed a screen name for AIM(aol instant messenger) because a girl that I liked had it. I came up with this off the top of my head, and it stuck! She's my best friend now but she moved to japan :|

Achille

Quote from: themysticalninja
I am the mysticalninja, because i am a ninja and I am mysitcal.  Also The Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon on the N64 is one of the greatest video games ever.  I am a mystical ninja like goemon.

I agree this video game is awesome ! I also like Goemon 2 and its super cooperation mode

@computerguy : are you 10 years old ?

If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants.

Men rise and fall like the winter wheat but these names will never die.

Let them say I lived in the time of Hector tamer of horses.

Let them say... ...I lived in the time of Achilles.

Anonymous

My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]internet = anonymous[/quote]
Hi Trung!
It's all about the love

TomatoKirby

Kirby is my favorite video game character.  Tomatoes are his favorite food (maxim tomatoes restore all his health in his games).  I think my avatar does a good job explaining.

I was originally going to be Copy Kirby, except someone had a similar name on the forum I was going to sign up on.  I like my current name better, though.

XaeL

My name rhymes with fail

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.