Calling all Pianist of this community! :D

Started by Destiny, November 07, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destiny

One of my courses for highschool is keyboard. I use to hate playing the piano but then I found inspiration to try and play more again! I'm not a fan of the music I get from my private classes. Would you all mind sharing some pieces that you love to play? :) One genre I found I like is classic or modern contemporary. Thanks everyone :D  

ohitsstef

aw no replies yet?
. __ .

How long have you played for?

I'm not a big fan of modern contemporary music because it .. sucks in my opinion. Classical music ftw all the way errday all day errway.

So I really like playing depressing pieces of music in minor keys like The Tempest Sonata by Beethoven or the Pathetique.. Moonlight Sonata is also good but only the 3rd movement bc the 1st one is good but overrated and most of the time performed poorly.

Hmm.. I also like Mozart a lot.. a piece I'm currently working on is Mozart's Concerto #20 in d minor.. if you want a reference, Blink streamed it during dhuang's and larry's match. Lawl. Or you can check yt

I also really like Bach.. but I usually use his pieces as exercise.........................................................................

hmmmmmmmmm Chopin is also good... Nocturnes ftw. Right?

My sister's younger than me and she likes Yiruma.. I don't know if that's something you'll be into. Maybe.

Yup.

Typical.. "classical music"  i actually really dig the classical and romantic eras........................................
hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm -awkward close

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Destiny

Did say classic contemporary too ;D i've been playing maybe 8ish years now. I just want pieces of music that arent like the romanic era with jumps. I like to have both hands going at the same time. River flows in you is the only yiruma song i can play :'( planning on get my hands on Kiss The Rain soon.

jixsoo

What type of classical music do you like?
Are you looking for more of a Baroque style or classic classical =p?

Destiny

I only know of the romantic era :( the rest i've heard about but don't know the changes. Tell me what kinda music joe hashashi and Yiruma play then you know :D

Paradox

Her most beautiful smile:

https://soundcloud.com/pierce-sarmiento/her...beautiful-smile

(Terrible phone audio quality  )

That is my humble attempt while I was still learning it, I dislike playing on keyboard though. Real piano soooo much better.

Original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWD12mCg_w
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DAS44

Briefly

I'd suggest taking a look at any of Erik Satie's Gymnopedies (particularly #1) or Gnossiennes, gorgeous pieces that you should be able to wrap your fingers around.

I'd also highly suggest taking a look at Bill Evans, arguably the most tasteful pianist I've ever heard. He is Miles Davis' favorite pianist, and most definitely one of mine.

If you're at all fond of dissonance maybe give the spastic fiddling of Cecil Taylor a listen (you may very well hate it, I am quite fond of his work though)

If all else fails, it is so well known for a damned good reason.

pizzapizza

Quote from: Destiny
One of my courses for highschool is keyboard. I use to hate playing the piano but then I found inspiration to try and play more again! I'm not a fan of the music I get from my private classes. Would you all mind sharing some pieces that you love to play?  One genre I found I like is classic or modern contemporary. Thanks everyone

I didnt know you play a instrament :

Destiny

Quote from: pizzapizza
I didnt know you play a instrament :

Now you do :o

Thanks DAS, The Clair De Lune is prolly out of my league :'c

Dark8Dragon

I only know of the romantic era  the rest i've heard about but don't know the changes. Tell me what kinda music joe hashashi and Yiruma play then you know

The first 3 are from Nubuo Uematsu one of the greatest componist in the New Age

Terras Theme (FF6):

Phantom Forest (FF6):

Eyes on me (FF8)

This one is a little bit different but maybe you like it.. Bloody Tears (Castlevania 2):

DAS44

Thanks DAS, The Clair De Lune is prolly out of my league :'c
You never know! I personally think it's always worth giving something a whirl, start slow and work your way up. One of the best things I've ever been taught... if you can't play it slowly, you shouldn't play it at full speed. We all start somewhere.

You might surprise yourself!

Destiny

Kkkk I'll give it a shot, if i can find the sheet music (:

Katatoniopeth

Vivaldi 4 seasons will throw you for a loop, using switching between happy major stuff and minor stuff.
Paganinis 24 caprice, quite a challenging piece, will give you quite a broad range of modes, and there is a lot of chromatic mixed with minor scales, interesting stuff, hope this helps!

chinesegirl1013

One of my favorite pieces played by my favorite pianist. O^.^O
It has an oriental feel to it.

I wish I was gaming right now, but what am I going to do about it...

chinesegirl1013

I wish I was gaming right now, but what am I going to do about it...