How did you get into Tetris?

Started by Arias, August 30, 2010, 08:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quackaliciouss

Hoi, I just got into tetris because I watched James play it. So I thought hey this looks of the cool so I tried tetris friends.  le end  
Hello, you have stumbled upon me. Well, hi I guess! Please friend me I'm lonely ;-;

Anyways I'm a young kid that likes tetris and is a huge nintendo fanboy.
Still not sure if I'm allowed to be here, or if I am gonna get banned. RIP
I wont start drama and I certainly wont hop in the sinking ship of

wizard944

I started playing because it was one of the better TI-83 calculator games back in the day. Then it got popular on facebook and I wanted to beat all my friends. I was introduced to the competitive scene when I stumbled on sirjeivus' videos on youtube, which brought be to harddrop, and the rest is history.

JThePilot

I've been playing tetris for about a month and I started after my friend said he was better at tetris and that I would never beat him and ever since then I've been practising to try and beat him

XaeL

Quote from: JThePilot
I've been playing tetris for about a month and I started after my friend said he was better at tetris and that I would never beat him and ever since then I've been practising to try and beat him
Just play more. How long has he been playing and how good is he?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Dihydrogen

idk, just did for some reason

Rain_Shinotsu

When I was younger (10?), I liked the game for the music. I found a handheld LCD version of the game at a garage sale, and I've been a fan of Tetris since then.
I make music
Discord: Rain#7845
Twitter/Reddit: Rain_Shinotsu

zpeace

TI86 - 2000ish through 2002
NES Tetris - 2010ish through present
GB Tetris - 2014 through present

Lygophilia

Basically, me and my brother went through a pile of games in the 1990s and happen to see it. I was on and off with it ever since.

experimentators

my friend started playing tetris. it was his first time and he was a natural, he got 77,000 and that's then i got addicted, i started trying to beat his high score and that's when my entire class joined in the tetris train. unfortunately most of then got off but we still have 3-5 people who are playing

and it was 7 months of tetris addiction and my sprint time of 48.51s shows that. and i don't think ill quit tetris anytime soon

GoldenSilver

I have been playing Tetris for 4 months now and my love for this game never ended.
Starting in September 2018 with Tetris The Ultimate on PS4 recommended by my father as an old game he used to play on his Game Boy.
After having discovered a free game on PC named NullpoMino, I played a lot of TGM clones before finally playing Puyo Puyo Tetris which also gave me this other puzzle game I still play today.
Last month, I played Tetris Effect with its beautiful graphics and musics.
I am still looking for other Tetris games and hopping to see new ones coming.

Corrosive

I was in a mIRC chat room around 2004 when a couple people got me to try tetrifast for the first time.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Shame

I watched the 2014 Tetris World Championship and started to try Tetris NES, quit playing because it was too hard for me and started playing again when PPT was released for the switch. Now I just try to get better

kalhan

I've only been playing NES tetris for a few months now and start at 16. I played a lot of tetris on a handheld videogame console I had for a while. I want to learn more about different types of emulators etc. that can help me improve.

keychera

I know tetris since child but it was just another game that I know until I watched one particular vid.
that one youtube vid by kaia/doremy showing him playing against a Puyo player by doing 4 wide in a very clutched situation. it was at that point, I started thinking "oh wow that way of playing tetris looks cool and fun!". Then, I watched more tetris videos, mostly puyo2tetris meme videos (SLIGHT DISADVANTAGE), and then I found wumbo's channel and watch more tetris vid and I ultimately decided to try it myself.

and now I'm here

Starya

I grew up playing Windows Tetris on our old Windows95 computer back in the 90's. I think I was 3 or 4 years old when I started.