Hello Friends ^-^

Started by rainbowx1994, September 15, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbowx1994

Hello everyone :3
My name is Brittany. I am 18 years old and from Alberta, Canada. I love drawing, photography, gaming, Pokemon,  and yes, Tetris! I am very nice and quite friendly so don't be shy^^ I also have ADHD and tend to be hyper, so don't mind if I get the giggles xD

Well now, lets talk about me on Tetris.
I go by the name nintendofan1223 on Tetris Friends. I am a rank 14-15 (yeah it keeps changing). I love a good challenge and love to meet new people in the game!

My strategy is to make a HUGE stack of rows to the top, but also keep 2 columns open. Why I do this? Well its easier for me to start bringing in all the combos. Sometimes, I love to do a t-spin with the right setup! However, I cannot do a t-spin triple (except for the one t-spin map). However, a good friend of mine is teaching me to practice how to setup some good strategies! With a bit of practice and patience, I know one day I will become a Tetris Grand Master!

Not only do I love just normal play, but I also LOVE games with items and maps. This gives the game a very fun and challenging play style which can become tough, but yet so much fun! In games with maps, I usually hold an item I can use for later. If I feel like it, I will troll with the switch item in party items >:3
I can be a little nice in the game. If I know my friends are super close to ranking up or if they are loosing a lot, I will NOT target them (unless I am concentrating really badly).

I have a Sprint time of 1:31. Yeah I know, its bad, but I am working on it. I also have a very slow typing speed of 50-55 wpm, so I can be quite slow at the game. I also have a laggy, 3 year old Toshiba laptop, which I am planning on getting a new one! And don't mind if I mess a lot on the game. I put stuff down where I don't want it to go if my internet or PC is being laggy. Another thing is that I usually play better when I'm wide awake!

One last thing before I go, I also have skype so don't be afraid to add me! My skype username is rainbowx1994. And yes, like I've said before, my Tetris Friends username is nintendofan1223 if you want to add me!

Thank you for stopping by^^

- Brittany x

[/li][li]Tetris Friends: nintendofan1223[/li][li]DeviantArt: rainbowx1994[/li][li]Skype: rainbowx1994
    [/li][/list]

pizzapizza

FieryLight

Hi there, welcome to HD!

I see that you like the 2 wide combo strategy, but have you considered moving on and trying the 3 wide combo?

yotipo91

Welcome to HardDrop. There's a treasure trove of information to learn here to refine your strategies. Your Tetris resume sounds like a lot of people who take their first step on this website. If you're looking to improve as a player, be sure to check the wiki and perhaps this thread: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4143

You seem pretty friendly, so be sure to check out the shoutbox if you're bored or want to find a match
    [div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Sprints: Nullpo-26.78 (4/0),  TF-35.97, TOPW-29.461 (065-15), C2-36.58 (4.5/0)
    [url=http://tetrison

Destiny

HEY I LIKE SAYING HELLO/HI FRIENDS :333
    what other games do you play?

Ps. Welcome fellow Canadian.

sdrawkcab

Hey there! =)

I signed up just because I saw that you're also from Alberta, and you're also into pokemon =D (are you excited for x and y?)

My name is Mike, I go by sdrawkcab or sdrawkcab190 on most forums.

As for tetris I played quite a bit a few years ago, and managed to get a 51 second 40 line game. I remember it taking a long time however to get under 1:30. The biggest thing is just go with your instinct and try not to think about the game so much.

As for arena on tetris friends I have been to lv 20 a couple of times, however that never lasted more than a day. Instead I tend to stay around 17-18.

Ill see you round the feild!

MarioThePhenom

yay canada
    yay pokemon
    yay tf
    boo alberta
    hello

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

rainbowx1994

Quote from: pizzapizza
    welcome to Harddrop

Thanks you ^-^

Quote from: FieryLight
    Hi there, welcome to HD!

I see that you like the 2 wide combo strategy, but have you considered moving on and trying the 3 wide combo?

I might try it :3

Quote from: yotipo91
    Welcome to HardDrop. There's a treasure trove of information to learn here to refine your strategies. Your Tetris resume sounds like a lot of people who take their first step on this website. If you're looking to improve as a player, be sure to check the wiki and perhaps this thread: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4143

You seem pretty friendly, so be sure to check out the shoutbox if you're bored or want to find a match

Thank you ^^
    I'll be sure to check it out!

Quote from: Destiny
    HEY I LIKE SAYING HELLO/HI FRIENDS :333
    what other games do you play?

Ps. Welcome fellow Canadian.

x3

I love pokemon too^^

Quote from: sdrawkcab
    Hey there! =)

I signed up just because I saw that you're also from Alberta, and you're also into pokemon =D (are you excited for x and y?)

My name is Mike, I go by sdrawkcab or sdrawkcab190 on most forums.

As for tetris I played quite a bit a few years ago, and managed to get a 51 second 40 line game. I remember it taking a long time however to get under 1:30. The biggest thing is just go with your instinct and try not to think about the game so much.

As for arena on tetris friends I have been to lv 20 a couple of times, however that never lasted more than a day. Instead I tend to stay around 17-18.

Ill see you round the feild!

I am VERY excited for Xand Y!!
    and I hope to see you too :3

Quote from: MarioThePhenom
    yay canada
    yay pokemon
    yay tf
    boo alberta
    hello

hi xD

[/li][li]Tetris Friends: nintendofan1223[/li][li]DeviantArt: rainbowx1994[/li][li]Skype: rainbowx1994
      [/li][/list]

Barneey

Hey and welcome, make lots of noise if you need anything.

redromina

Hi Brittany!! Welcome to HD!

I have ADD (without the hyperactivity). (:

Looks like you are on your way to becoming a pro.    
      Romina
      Actor by day, zombie slayer by night
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=hsZkCHDy7HY