Tetris Monsters will be released?

Started by hebo-MAI, July 23, 2013, 09:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hebo-MAI

At first, look at this.
Tetris Monsters Official Site

And Electronic Arts announced the following news.

http://www.dreamnews.jp/press/0000077673/
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Electronic Arts Inc. had decided to release "Tetris Monsters", which is harmonized Tetris and RPG(Role Playing Game), with Tetris Company. LLC. This game is for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

"Tetris Monster" is completely new game of Tetris. And this game is developed only for Japanese by EA Japan Studio in history of Tetris.

This game will be able to download only on Japanese App Store.
[/quote]

And this game seems to be released on this summer.

It is very sad thing for me that most player on Harddrop is not playable.    
However, this game is really new game of Tetris. And I want people on Harddrop to be interested in that.
So I decided to post this.

Profane

It looks ineresting.  Im always excited when the tetris community moves forwars woth new development s

Wojtek

It may be quite good game, considering it is japanese game for japanese players. I expect high quality at very least.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Blink

Make sure to give us a review and video of the gameplay when it's released hebo!

Anonymous

My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

b2ink

Can't wait for the Polish clone!
I miss the days when harddrop was run by blink and the moderators were friendly.

suman

I challenge you to Super Tetris Flash Extreme Fast 3, Block Madness Mode, first to score 10 bamboozles on Hardcore difficulty.
Items off (duh).
vandortdubai   van dort real estate
Certkiller 642-165 dumps   Certkiller 642-165 dumps
Certkiller 000-105 dumps   Certkiller 000-105 dumps
Certkiller 640-864 dumps   Certkiller 640-864 dumps
Certkiller JN0-101 dumps   Certkiller JN0-101 dumps

hebo-MAI

Integration

Hmm ... one touch Tetris, 8 wide well, completed lines don't disappear (I assume they are transferred to the bottom as in Dream of Pixels), watch some animations (rotated by 90 degree?) after filling the matrix

I think this will suck.

Wojtek

that sounded quite promissing, but trailer buries all hopes.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

ManOfMiracles

RPG elements seem very minimal according to the trailer.

Would not be surprised if strong attacks cost money.
MiracleMan

arf

i actually think this looks really cool. this is definitely tetris with a twist.

attack power is increased by quick drops and number of tspins and tetrises it seems

the defensive aspect of the game is removed since lines don't clear when they are completed, but assuming that pvp is an option in this game, it definitely provides a new way to play head to head.

Sisu

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/08/how-elec...etris-monsters/

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]EA Japan is developing the title, and it’s clear that the studio and the publisher saw what GungHo Online Entertainment was doing with Puzzle & Dragons, which combines puzzle and RPG mechanics in a free-to-play model that rakes in around $4 million every day in revenues.

“EA Japan’s announcement doesn’t come out of nowhere,” Japanese gaming analyst Dr. Serkan Toto wrote on his blog. “The overwhelming success of GungHo’s Puzzle & Dragons has triggered a wave of mobile games that combine puzzle and RPG mechanics. Tetris Monsters will not even be the first such game with Tetris-like mechanics.”

Toto noted that an obscure title known as Block & Monster features Tetris-like gameplay with Puzzle & Dragons-like RPG elements. Details beyond the basics are scarce. We’ve reached out to EA, and it confirmed that it doesn’t have any plans to release the title outside of Japan at this time.

Puzzle & Dragons’s primary audience is Japanese. The game has 17 million players in that country. In North America, Puzzle & Dragons only has 1 million â€" although that’s no small number. It’s possible that if EA decides to release Tetris Monsters outside of Japan, the Tetris brand could help it find a major audience in Western territories. For now, that’s not the case.[/quote]

http://www.techinasia.com/ea-japan-tetris-...nd-screenshots/

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Details are scarce at the moment, but Tetris Monsters will come with the official Tetris license, offer battle scenes in 3D, and introduce a new feature in the puzzle part called “stack”. Check out the trailer video below.

This stack feature apparently allows users to build big blocks in the Tetris part of the game which can then be used to launch particularly strong attacks against enemies during a battle. Tetris Monsters will be free-to-play, offer in-app purchases, and distributed platform-free.[/quote]

Integration

Game is out: http://www.tetrismonsters.jp/

And another gameplay video:

Wojtek

looks better than trailer. but this is repetitive to extreme.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland