The "Why Is Nothing Happening Anymore" tournament!

Started by Distance, June 04, 2013, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qwerty098765

DotDotDot
[/color]

virulent

yea so..we've waited a week for a match to pop up..if this is still goin on, please let us know within a day or 2 otherwise i think team TetriNET's gunna fall back into the endless c2 hole
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

poopmo

bs beat sitan yesterday, think score was 10-6.

Profane

VladtheImpala

We had a failed match attempt, because my partner didn't have access to a computer (it's been kinda hard to keep contact with everyone, because our residences span like 15 timezones). I messaged Larry a few times after that, but i don't think he responded. I just want to play our match, even if we lose, as I think we may.

larrytetris

Quote from: VladtheImpala
We had a failed match attempt, because my partner didn't have access to a computer (it's been kinda hard to keep contact with everyone, because our residences span like 15 timezones). I messaged Larry a few times after that, but i don't think he responded. I just want to play our match, even if we lose, as I think we may.
Yeah. The four of us span 3 continents and 4 time zones. Scheduling was impossible. Crzy got up early to try to catch Antifate before European bedtime, but to no avail.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

shahil

Quote from: larrytetris
Yeah. The four of us span 3 continents and 4 time zones. Scheduling was impossible. Crzy got up early to try to catch Antifate before European bedtime, but to no avail.
yeah stars and polaris's team also have that problem, but were probably going to be playing at saturday 4am my time
                          Z E N A S I S

shahil

Stars 10 - 5 PMP

ggs, it was all profane  
                          Z E N A S I S

CaptainPaul

Guys, please focus on finishing those games before everyone forgets about this tournament.

Blink

Quote from: CaptainPaul
Guys, please focus on finishing those games before everyone forgets about this tournament.

Honestly, the tournament hosts need to dedicate a little more time and put some pressure/consequences for players who fail to play their matches. Either DQ teams, or announce what is going to happen. The lack of communication makes it seem like even the hosts don't care about their own tournament, so why should the players participating in it care? Over the past month, I have not seen either Distance or Maii04 logged on to the NullpoMino server even one time! You guys wanted to respark non C2 tournaments, but each failed Nullpo tournament is just another nail in the coffin for NullpoMino.

I realize you guys were limited on time, which is what you stated on the opening post. So then why make it a 2v2 tournament where it's more difficult to schedule a day where all 4 players are on at once? Also, why make it double elimination when pressed for time? Better yet, why even start a tournament if you can't commit the time required to give a chance at being successful? The tournament has been running for 1 month now and many players are confused as to what's even going on.

I'm frustrated because I've seen community tournaments fail in the past simply due to poor planning or tournament hosts being too relaxed on deadlines. Your tournament is titled "Why is nothing happening anymore", and tournaments like this are why.  I haven't been able to host guideline tournaments myself because I've been busy lately and I know how much of a time commitment these things are. But when I do, you can be sure that they will finish (by DQing non active players who are holding it back).

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying you guys shouldn't host tournaments anymore. Just do better the next time so that our community's tournaments are of higher quality and the community as a whole improves.

With that said, team TetriNET is dropping out of this one.

Katatoniopeth

Quote from: Blink
Honestly, the tournament hosts need to dedicate a little more time and put some pressure/consequences for players who fail to play their matches. Either DQ teams, or announce what is going to happen. The lack of communication makes it seem like even the hosts don't care about their own tournament, so why should the players participating in it care? Over the past month, I have not seen either Distance or Maii04 logged on to the NullpoMino server even one time! You guys wanted to respark non C2 tournaments, but each failed Nullpo tournament is just another nail in the coffin for NullpoMino.

I realize you guys were limited on time, which is what you stated on the opening post. So then why make it a 2v2 tournament where it's more difficult to schedule a day where all 4 players are on at once? Also, why make it double elimination when pressed for time? Better yet, why even start a tournament if you can't commit the time required to give a chance at being successful? The tournament has been running for 1 month now and many players are confused as to what's even going on.

I'm frustrated because I've seen community tournaments fail in the past simply due to poor planning or tournament hosts being too relaxed on deadlines. Your tournament is titled "Why is nothing happening anymore", and tournaments like this are why.  I haven't been able to host guideline tournaments myself because I've been busy lately and I know how much of a time commitment these things are. But when I do, you can be sure that they will finish (by DQing non active players who are holding it back).

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not saying you guys shouldn't host tournaments anymore. Just do better the next time so that our community's tournaments are of higher quality and the community as a whole improves.

A lot of teams seemed to have dropped  

I was really looking forward to seeing how much improvement I have made, though having said that, I have had a lot of fun so far, it is just that someone needs to update and get this thing rolling again

Destiny

I was hoping to see TetriNET in the finals :'c

Profane

Destiny if you dont mind id be more then willing to help as I have plenty of time.  Assuming she agrees Blink give me one week and ill get this back on track.  I hopebyou reconsider dropping out

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink

Agreed with this 100%.

Team Funny Bunnies is dropping out of this tournament.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

XaeL

We forfeit our match because the timezone headaches are too much.

Cheers.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.