What do you do?

Started by Destiny, March 13, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destiny

Hello members of the HD community! Just recently I've broken a sprint record on tf after taking a month break from sprint. So I've been wondering, when you have a hard time breaking any records or improving, do you normally take a break(1week+) or do you just keep playing? Also, normally when I take breaks it's because I've played it for a long time and frequently, so I start making mistakes, I can't think properly and my judgement becomes very poor. Why do you take breaks or keep playing?

Kepra

I recently started playing Tetris again, and broke my own record numerous times, first, when i broke the sub-60, then it decreases to 58 sec, 56, 54, 53, and surprisingly I got 50 sec   ...

Had been about 1 years I haven't played Tetris again, on that time I sometimes got topped out in marathon  

I suppose I had a very hard time getting into sub-60 or break the 60 sec barrier when I played Tetris about a year ago, thats when I wasn't serious, and usually got around 1:04-1:08 minute.

But when I played a lot, I get a rest on my hand, its tiring since the controls were only on my right hand, and my left hand only controls hard drop  

Panda

Complete full focus and efforts until you reach your main goal (sub-xx) and then take a refreshing rest afterwards with other activities. Then come back and repeat cycle.

This method has proven quite effective for me, in not only Tetris but also breakdance and academics

Zatygxc

The pattern that I've established over the years is as follows: Set a goal, work at the goal, either achieve the goal or become bored with the pursuit, switch game modes (sometimes even game platforms) and set a new goal. Basically if it isn't fun I move to something that is. I haven't taken any breaks from Tetris yet.
[spoiler] [img]http://harddrop.com/f

tk198

Yes, no. Too busy and rest.

qwerty098765

Quote from: Panda
Complete full focus and efforts until you reach your main goal (sub-xx) and then take a refreshing rest afterwards with other activities. Then come back and repeat cycle.

This method has proven quite effective for me, in not only Tetris but also breakdance and academics

Something to do with memories and retention periods
and brain creating new synapses.

Breaks are good.
DotDotDot
[/color]

Extruderx

From all computer games for now I play only the Tetris genre, and I don't make breaks, because these games are fun. When I get tired, I just switch the platforms in that order:
Cultris 2(main priority) -> Blockbox -> Nullpomino League -> TOP -> TF Arena.
This order is based on how much effort I can possibly put into a particular game, not global preference. I switch to TF Arena when my hands get tired, this allows me to make less keypresses per time (building some t-spins brings back artistical inspiration). The main idea is that different games require different skills and mindset.