New to the Forum!

Started by Kepra, March 12, 2013, 04:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kepra

Hi, I'm new to the forum

I've been playing Tetris since I was little, that is Tetris Plus on PS1, then I moved to PS2, DS, PSP, and lately to PC versions : Nullpo, TOP and TZ.

Since I was playing again on Tetris Battle on FB, it didn't impressed me so much, as I don't really like new features, bombs, powerups etc. So I searched and eventually found this forum.

I also got Nullpo and TOP from HD forum  

Well, that's it so far, sorry if I had any mistakes or maybe unwanted words.

Thanks and nice to meet you all

myndzi

pizzapizza

SecretSalander

hiiiiiiiiiii
you've been playing since u were little? u myust be pretty good then haha
welcome!
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

PolarisTR

Kepra

Thanks everyone , nice to meet you too

Quote from: SecretSalander
hiiiiiiiiiii
you've been playing since u were little? u myust be pretty good then haha
welcome!
Well not really, I didnt play hardcore Tetris like TGM, then fast playing ones... I never thought of playing that.
I was really dependent to infinite rotations on Tetris DS, and only got 1:20 minutes in sprint back then   ..
anyways thanks : )

Panda

Quote from: Kepra
Hi, I'm new to the forum

I've been playing Tetris since I was little, that is Tetris Plus on PS1, then I moved to PS2, DS, PSP, and lately to PC versions : Nullpo, TOP and TZ.

Since I was playing again on Tetris Battle on FB, it didn't impressed me so much, as I don't really like new features, bombs, powerups etc. So I searched and eventually found this forum.

I also got Nullpo and TOP from HD forum  

Well, that's it so far, sorry if I had any mistakes or maybe unwanted words.

Thanks and nice to meet you all

Hello Kepra, and welcome to HD!

I'm very glad you've already been introduced to great Tetris clients like TOP and Nullpo. However, I would like to suggest one more game to your arsenal: Cultris II

http://gewaltig.net/

It's a very unique and catchy game that immediately engages you from Block 1. I would highly recommend giving it a shot, it will teach you invaluable lessons in combos, conservative stacking, probability intuition, improvisational platforming, and more!

Also, please do tell us more about your Tetris stats (such as sprint time, playstyle, etc) and do tell us more about your personal life as well! I would suggest checking out this page: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4812

and finding members with a similar sprint time to you and making them your competitive rivals. This will definitely help you improve drastically and also feel free to check out our extensive prolific guides and also ask anyone for help either on forums or on the Shoutbox at the homepage.

Thanks for your interest in HD, and hope you enjoy your stay!

Kepra

Thanks for the greet, Panda

I haven't tried Cultris yet, since I was too busy playing with Nullpo and tried TOP.
But I'll try C2 soon, my combo and stacking at times could be ridiculous  

As for the thread, I've already signed up for the 40L challenge, but still couldn't break the 50 seconds barrier   ..

Anyways, thanks again for the information!!