Tetris lamp now at Think Geek for $40

Started by iphys, November 11, 2012, 06:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iphys

I just ordered one (along with that must-have Tetris alarm clock for $30).

Tetris Lamp
Tetris Alarm

virulent

[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

NoManual

is the lamp only for US? or will it work in europe aswell? looked like it only would work for US tho.. But it looked really nice and I'm wondering if anyone of you know if it's sold in europe aswell
40L = 28.71
My Blog

JimmyX

Quote from: NoManual
is the lamp only for US? or will it work in europe aswell? looked like it only would work for US tho.. But it looked really nice and I'm wondering if anyone of you know if it's sold in europe aswell

Check this out

virulent

also..i was looking through the check out page and it seems there's a drop down menu w/ different countries they ship to? not sure which 1 you're in so i didn't look further :s
it's under the option to enter your "US zip"
[/div]

myndzi

It keeps saying "any combination" but every single example has the I-piece on the bottom, flat. I wonder if this is required?

PolarisTR

Quote from: myndzi
It keeps saying "any combination" but every single example has the I-piece on the bottom, flat. I wonder if this is required?

I doubt it, it would be stupid of the designer to implement a mechanic which requires this. All the pieces appear to have the same connectors but I still might be wrong.

iphys

Maybe the power cord is attached to the I piece?

myndzi

That's what I was thinking, that the I piece powered the rest. The mechanism it operates on probably requires its presence if not its position, but could possibly require position too (cord + gravity aside)

iphys

They may have made that choice for the stability of the lamp I suppose.

virulent

if someone gets this maybe they could shed some light on it for us
my guess is that the i has to be connected but doesn't have to be on the flat & on the bottom..just a guess though
[/div]

iphys

Mine will probably be coming in a week or so if no one else gets theirs sooner.

Edit:

Just read this in the Amazon.co.uk reviews:

"The blue 'long' piece has the on/off switch and the power-in socket, and it is recommended that this piece is always placed on the bottom. I don't see any reason why you couldn't position it higher up the tower if you wanted, but obviously the tower won't illuminate as you build it until that one has been put into position."

Also, apparently it flickers:

"I think this is down to the transformer they suppy to power it. It's 5v 500ma, I tried the Tetris light with my Nokia phone charger which is a similar voltage (5.7v 800ma)and it didn't flicker, but then the blocks only work one way round, a closer look at the supplied transformer and I realised it was AC to AC, which is the reason for the flicker and why the blocks work any way round with this transformer and not an AC to DC like my phone charger."

Don't know if that's only a problem with the UK version, but I think I'd sooner only be able to place the pieces in one direction than have them flicker.

riisssaaa

If I was rich.... I would probably buy a few hundred of them and tetris up a wall 8D HURR HURR HURR.

virulent

i went on amazon to see if the lamp was there n found these awesome post its!
http://goo.gl/EG5GM

btw it's $50 on amazon..get it on think geek!
[/div]

Shizi

Cool this is nice but wow overpriced...