NullpoMino League Beta has begun!

Started by belzebub, September 11, 2012, 01:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUltimateSpicy

I'm experiencing a bug. I'll be in game with someone and suddenly won't be able to see the room that I am currently in. I will still hear the game, but will be unable to see it. I think a few other players experienced this problem as well.kl

Paul676

I had that and countless other problems - you should skype me
               Tetris Belts!

toppingoutivan

Hey Belze, thanks for the recent update.
I was wondering if it is possible to have the sprint coach feature more "obtrusive" to our eyes. Remember back then when you first had the npm mods? To make the entire frame change color? That really helped me out with breaking my personal records. Would it be possible to re-implement that with the green yellow and red?

Thanks for all your efforts!

sikanla

Hi
can we play on ubuntu 12.04 ? =) thanks

Paradox

Quote from: TheUltimateSpicy
I'm experiencing a bug. I'll be in game with someone and suddenly won't be able to see the room that I am currently in. I will still hear the game, but will be unable to see it. I think a few other players experienced this problem as well.kl

reinstall a fresh client. This can happen if you are using an outdated one. I had this issue and a fresh download + install fixed it
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

belzebub

Quote from: toppingoutivan
Hey Belze, thanks for the recent update.
I was wondering if it is possible to have the sprint coach feature more "obtrusive" to our eyes. Remember back then when you first had the npm mods? To make the entire frame change color? That really helped me out with breaking my personal records. Would it be possible to re-implement that with the green yellow and red?

Thanks for all your efforts!

Due to the nature of the updated graphics changing the border color isn't that easy any more. The sprint coach helped me a lot too. It took a bit of time to get used to the color of the numbers to change, but I'm now used to it and it works good for me. I can introduce yellow again, that's just gone due to the fact that the new font doesn't have yellow in it, but I can add that. But I guess your main thing to have is something more intrusive to the eye. If I find time I might look at it.

Quote from: sikanla
Hi
can we play on ubuntu 12.04 ? =) thanks

Normally yes, but not with openjdk 7 on 64bit I think, there's no lwjgl support for that (yet). So you should fall back on jdk6. Normally that would work fine.

sikanla

Quote from: belzebub
Normally yes, but not with openjdk 7 on 64bit I think, there's no lwjgl support for that (yet). So you should fall back on jdk6. Normally that would work fine.
thanks do you have any idea how to launch the game? what file to run or command? i just switched to ubuntu and tetris is missing =) i am on the 32 bits version

massi4h

For some reason when I go to play sometimes the game consistently crashes when I choose Multiplayer. Is there any particular reason for that? I'm thinking maybe my Chrome browser is using up too much Java resources or something. Happened in both the first version and 0.5
☠ massi4h

belzebub

Quote from: sikanla
thanks do you have any idea how to launch the game? what file to run or command? i just switched to ubuntu and tetris is missing =) i am on the 32 bits version

Use the play_slick.sh (follow the FAQ). Maybe it works with jdk 7 on 32 bit but I'm not sure.

Quote from: massi4h
For some reason when I go to play sometimes the game consistently crashes when I choose Multiplayer. Is there any particular reason for that? I'm thinking maybe my Chrome browser is using up too much Java resources or something. Happened in both the first version and 0.5

There used to be an issue for some people when they went to the User dialog first and then to multiplayer that it crashed. That issue is normally solved since i believe 0.3 or 0.4 so should not happen in 0.5. Can you send me the log file? The easiest way is to catch me on skype!

VladtheImpala

So I tried the new beta, and it looks stellar, but i have a few qualms. One is the deletion of 180 kicks. I understand this probably won't be changed, but i thought it added a new cool element to the game, and really made nullpo unique. Another thing is the insertion of standard fast B rather than standard zero as the rule of choice. The slower soft drop thing i get (i don't agree with it, but priorities!), but it seems to me that it's a bit slower than standard zero. when i play on 40line, the beta performs much slower than 7.5., which is one of the reasons i've shied away from the beta (i wanted to improve my time). I'm not sure if this is because of the rule setting, though i expect that is the case. Overall, a very nice execution, and much more user friendly for sure, but there are a few in my mind important reasons why I'm quite hesitant to make the switch.

MizukiTHPS

So I guess no love for us ARS players?

farter

minor problem...

when watching.. the interface layout... looks wrong....

edit
another monir suggestion..
i think "no hold" badge should stand for "one's current best sprint was performed without using hold"..

well but.. if considering an achievement should not be cancelled... idk then

MizukiTHPS

Is there a chance we can get the old sprint coach from the modded nullpomino, where you had a soft and a hard limit, also personal opinion but I liked PPM better than seconds.

toppingoutivan

Quote from: MizukiTHPS
Is there a chance we can get the old sprint coach from the modded nullpomino, where you had a soft and a hard limit, also personal opinion but I liked PPM better than seconds.

I've made this request earlier, but apparently it may be difficult to reincorporate into the new nullpo.

tjenyao

Umm.. My friend wanted to know, what are the DAS etc etc default settings used in nm league edition? He wants to incorporate it into normal nullpo. Can I have a list please? @Paradox @belzebub or anyone else. Thanks!