Gangnam Style

Started by MarioThePhenom, September 02, 2012, 04:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clincher

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I wasn't trying to be witty and Reddit is mostly populated by idiots :\
I was saying my comment was supposed to be witty, which most of the time it isn't when it's a reply to a comment like yours.

Also, I like some small subreddits. Like, steadshot linked me to a German one, and I think it's pretty good. Other than that, I agree. Hell, maybe they're the same people in those small subreddits but they won't get their precious karma in small subreddits so they're probably there cause they actually care about whatever the subreddit is about.
It's all about the love

PolarisTR

Soon to be one of the most popular songs in the world..

Soon to be one of the most popular threads on Harddrop

Coincidence??

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: PolarisTR
Soon to be one of the most popular songs in the world..

Soon to be one of the most popular threads on Harddrop

Coincidence??
not at all, no

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: clincher
I was saying my comment was supposed to be witty, which most of the time it isn't when it's a reply to a comment like yours.

Ahhh I get it now. I parsed what you said wrong.

Quote from: clincher
Also, I like some small subreddits. Like, steadshot linked me to a German one, and I think it's pretty good. Other than that, I agree. Hell, maybe they're the same people in those small subreddits but they won't get their precious karma in small subreddits so they're probably there cause they actually care about whatever the subreddit is about.
And yeah, I spend plenty of time on Reddit (mostly /r/starcraft and /r/dayz) and there's some interesting discussion there. But I wouldn't want to ever associate myself with the community at large because it's mostly idiotic and karma is a really dumb system.

chinesegirl1013

haha I just bought two shirts from Hot Topic for my brother and brother's friend Christmas present... Says Gangnam Style... smh
Almost sprained BOTH of my ankles attempting to dance to this. =3=

Even if you dislike the song the first time you hear it, after like 5 times hearing this song, you'll get addicted to it. haha    
I wish I was gaming right now, but what am I going to do about it...

Lucho

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

Rosti_LFC

Best video, dat crowd

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]So do you just not watch any pro SC2 at all then? [/quote]
I probably watch 10x as much as you do. I mentioned that I hear the references I just didn't watch the video(which i'm sure you read when you cut it out of your quote). And watching HDstarcraft doesn't count as watching pro SC2.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Panda

Quote from: Paradox
I mentioned that I hear the references I just didn't watch the video

Even world-renowned hipsters (no paradox intended) have watched the video, and you are as mainstream as they get.

Rosti_LFC

I probably watch 10x as much as you do. I mentioned that I hear the references I just didn't watch the video(which i'm sure you read when you cut it out of your quote). And watching HDstarcraft doesn't count as watching pro SC2.
You actually said that you'd "never heard it, despite seeing dozens of references to it".

To throw a few examples of SC2 watching where I've personally heard it and you could have heard it too:

- Gangnam Style was played between practically every single game at the GSL and GSTL finals (not even exaggerating).
- It was played pretty heavily at WCS Sweden and ASUS ROG (including having a dude with a prosthetic arm dancing to it on-stage).
- It was played a couple of times at IEM Cologne
- It was also played at MLG Summer (including Clutch dancing to it on-stage, though I guess you won't have seen this if you've not got Gold membership or whatever, because they were probably playing ads instead at the time on the free stream). And I'm not talking references here, I'm talking about them actually playing the song.

So good job with your "watching 10x as much as I do" - clearly you don't pay very much attention if this is the case. And if watching most of the major tournaments in the last month "doesn't count as watching pro SC2" then I have no fucking clue what you're watching mang (maybe all you do is watch le destiny and iNcontroL).

Paradox

http://fneu.fr/gomtv/

^ i've watched every single vod from that website save for some of the most recent ones and the outdated ones (prepatch) and also GSL off the record (which isn't gameplay)

also I watched the entire replay pack from asus rog save for the non zerg games

I only watch gameplay, i'm less focused on the irrelevant stuff that you seem to care about.

anyway I can't be bothered about a bottom 50% silver player, I actually play the game at a high level.

P.S. Update your client to 1.5 because I know you haven't yet

gg
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Barneey

...oppa gangnam style ...yay

Rosti_LFC

I only watch gameplay i'm less focused on the irrelevant stuff that you seem to care about
Lol well sorry for watching stuff live and for enjoyment in a social environment rather than in some hardcore no-frills no-fun IMMA BE GOOD LIEK DEES PEOPLE mode. Clearly you're winning there, somehow, apparently. I'm surprised you even bothered watching lulzy shit like GSL Off the Record (assuming you're not lying because well, lol, it's the internet) when there are pro player replays out there to be watched and analysed. I understand now why you got so butthurt about a throw-away joke comment implying you don't watch much SC2 when clearly it's such a huge part of your lifestyle.

anyway I can't be bothered about a bottom 50% silver player, I actually play the game at a high level.

P.S. Update your client to 1.5 because I know you haven't yet

gg
Oh... wow... I really got told there. Except for the fact that I'm not bottom silver (mid plat, which is still shit, but I think is pretty good given how little I actually play 1v1). And obviously I'm on patch 1.5. But it's good that you noticed that you'd lost the argument and defaulted to a childish "well stfu u fcking suck at sc2 u n00b gtfo go back to MW2 i win at watching moar" rather than keep up a failing stance.

And wow bro, I guess you must really like your SC2. Must suck that you invest so much time into it and are so tryhard and still haven't actually gotten close to a pro level. But I guess you can always sleep easy knowing that you watch more SC2 than casualfags like me do and could beat me in a 1v1, because that obviously counts for so much in life. I'm sorry as such a low-tier player that I've even cause you to waste some time in this thread posting your Bronze-league BM when you should have been watching more StarCraft replays and out defending your moderate rank in Masters. I'll feel so bad when you don't win tournaments now because it'll be all my fault.

Plus, due to my watching "irrelevant stuff" I got to hear Gangnam Style a full month before you did. I clearly win overall.

MarioThePhenom

Quote from: Barneey
...oppa gangnam style ...yay
wop, wop wop  oppa gangnam style

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....