Mod.

Started by sheenie, August 21, 2012, 11:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheenie

First of all, I'd like to say that we shouldn't even have rules to begin with. IMO We all are brought together by tetris because we all enjoy, but it doesn't mean we can't be regular human beings and just chit chat once in awhile about anything. We have kids on here, yea so what, big deal? That's what parents are for. I think the rules and mod power actually causes more arguments more than anything. No one likes being told what to do, kids rebel all the time. What makes you guys think adults won't? Yea we could the the fuck outta here. BUT we all have one thing in common which is Tetris which is what this site is for? To bring tetris players together, to meet and befriend other people who have the same interest.

And my opinion won't matter anyway, so here's another one for ya. If you guys don't want us to argue about the way you guys mod or whatever, why don't you try PMing us first before continuing the argument when it's obvious that we're not listening? If you're gonna try to lead at least do it by example, no? I might just be talking crazy here

Panda

I respect and understand the need for moderation, as does Sheenie and most everyone here. She just happens to be more aggressive in her expression, but she too acknowledges that moderation at times is certainly necessary.

Furthermore, Sheenie is simply addressing the moderators here in a fairly mature and thought-out manner, and thus should not be punished by any means.

Just laying out some foundations before the inevitable massacre...

myndzi

The site is for a community of players with an interest in Tetris. It has been pointed out that the lax moderation was not helping the community grow, and that the place was getting a bit unruly. I decided to do something about it. You will not win an argument against having moderation with me. You are welcome to take your talk about dicks and douches to 4chan if you like.

For me, it's nothing about "the kids", it's about a welcoming and respectful community. If I have to see the loss of members such as yourself to see the gain of members who, well, contribute, then that's okay with me.

As for your last question, the answer is that if you asked the question in public I should answer it in public. I would like to avoid devolving into arguments, and so I will try and make the responses brief and to the point. I do not want to see the shoutbox flooded with a bunch of bickering, but neither do I want to ban people from it unjustly or overly quickly. Thus, I will generally ask that the conversation be taken elsewhere when it gets to that point and may be required to end it forcibly.

sheenie

The community wasn't growing because we all are busy and have lives, people get bored and move on, others come back after a very long period for various reasons. That happens to EVERY GAME. Internet slum? Are you referring to people talking about whatever they want, when they want to? It doesn't have to be tetris all the time. There are plenty of non-tetris related topics threads out there. Since when is being social a bad thing?  No matter what the topic is. You should be happy we all are opening, probably something most people on here can't do in real life. A start is a start.....

We all are different, some are mean, nice, rude, polite whatever you wanna judge them on, but are you going to force me to be the way you want this community to be? Are you going to wipe my ass and feed me too? If you're really going to cry over it then I'm sorry for what the real worlds has to offer for you, because it's not always rainbows and butterflies.

myndzi

Quote from: sheenie
...but are you going to force me to be the way you want this community to be?
Yes.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Are you going to wipe my ass and feed me too?
[/quote]
No.

This discussion is over.