Guild Wars 2

Started by virulent, August 10, 2012, 09:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vipjun

I'll have a teamspeak server up for all of us.
Skype has limit of 25 ppl in a group and it'll be such a bitch to add / remove callers.

Ok, had 2 people play on Sea of Sorrows , so that's likely the server i will be at.

Blink

My friends are playing on Northern Shiverpeaks, so that's where I'll be.  Are servers changeable?  I want to get a few missions in with you guys too!

vipjun

Quote from: Blink
My friends are playing on Northern Shiverpeaks, so that's where I'll be.  Are servers changeable?  I want to get a few missions in with you guys too!

I think servers are changeable first couple of weeks, and then after that you can visit the other servers or pay money to change.

When visiting i think u can do stuffs other than the world pvp.

virulent

boo bestie! boo. tell your other friends to play on sos! although i was partial to northern shiverpeaks at first but everyone else picked sos D: or we should ALL pick something that sounds retarded so no one else will be on it!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

arf

Quote from: virulent
boo bestie! boo. tell your other friends to play on sos! although i was partial to northern shiverpeaks at first but everyone else picked sos D: or we should ALL pick something that sounds retarded so no one else will be on it!

that's what i was thinking. something like... ferguson's crossing??? ferguson is such a boring name, it's almost perfect!

bigwig

I'm in, but I think I'm playing on jade quarry

bigwig

nevermind, im on northen shiverpeaks. Character name is luna mac. What guild are you guys in?

virulent

i didn't order the prerelease ;x so i won't be playing till tuesday earliestt D: probably weds or thurs though ;[ busy week!
[/div]

Blink

So how is the game?  My friends keep pressuring me to play, what's some pros and cons about it and how does it compare to the first?

Also, what kind of bonuses transfer over, like what do you get from the hall of monuments?

virulent

my little thingiie that i made for you!
i've been taking way too many screenshots ^^;; but the game is so gorgeous sometimes~
you should play w/ us instead of your other friends
it's very similar to wow/lotro ..i didn't play gw1 so i can't compare..have you?
my biggest con is that i get so nauseated from trying to jump to high places & camera movements etc. that i can't play for super long times which is good i guess!
[/div]

vipjun

There is World V world , which nothing in GW1 can compare to.

Also have organized team arena and pub arena.

Theres about 6 different maps in rotation, would say the maps are larger than gw1, and instead of the objective being to kill the other team, you have to keep points captured.

organized is 5vs5 while pubs are 8vs8, if you only play these modes you get a lvl 80 char and pvp gear without grinding .  the wvw you have to grind gear.

Theres also tournaments or something but dunno how that works.

Blink

I've entered Sea of Sorrows:  Blink.6325

Paradox

let me know if its fun blink
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Blink

The game is unique compared to other MMOs because of random missions and bosses that pop up spontaneously, but I really hate how long it takes to level now compared to GW1.  It is a grinddddd.

virulent

i thought i heard someone say it was faster than all other mmos they've played :s
[/div]