Tetris Tournament Online II Discussion & Match Reports

Started by Blink, July 27, 2012, 09:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blink

Quote from: ambitiousr
Will there be a problem if Expert Plus Mode is greyed out for me?

No, just drop by shoutbox and ask anyone to make the room for you.  Chances are your opponent should have it unlocked and will be able to make it for you too.

Quote from: ohitsstef
Question: What players go onto the noteable players list?

And who decides who goes onto that list???

I plan on filling that list out with players who have won tournaments, or might be more popular in the Tetris community.  
Examples:  larrytetris the highest rated  King of Stackers player, caffeine as admin of TC.com and winner of the official mobile Tetris tournament, Rosti for winning UK Tetris Open, myself and hebo_MAI for winning some tournaments, Johnny147 as ESL league champion, MicroBlizz current fastest Tetris player, among others.

The reason for the notable players list is to show that this tournament really does have the best players competing in it.

I saw your other post about how there needs to be a tournament without me and hebo_MAI in it, but this tournament won't be it.  There's already been tournaments and leagues for that.  TTO is a tournament to find the best, and because of that nobody should be excluded.  It is not hebo's fault or my own if our skills allow us to win a large percentage of tournaments thus far, and at the same time there are some very skilled up and comers so we might finally see a new winner this tournament.  To say me or hebo_MAI should jump straight to finals is a slap in the face to not only us, but our opponents in the past tournaments.  In the past we had to earn our way there by beating very very tough opponents, sometimes 1 round away from defeat.  But to not even allow 2 of the top players to play in a search for the best player just because they might win again?  When the majority of the community wants that, that's when I'll really know competitive Tetris is dead.

chinesegirl1013

Tetris friends name: chinesegirl1013

Question: When you click on the register button, does it only show the first step of the registration process and then you can no longer continue??

I wish I was gaming right now, but what am I going to do about it...

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink
I saw your other post about how there needs to be a tournament without me and hebo_MAI in it, but this tournament won't be it.  There's already been tournaments and leagues for that.  TTO is a tournament to find the best, and because of that nobody should be excluded.  It is not hebo's fault or my own if our skills allow us to win a large percentage of tournaments thus far, and at the same time there are some very skilled up and comers so we might finally see a new winner this tournament.  But to not even allow 2 of the top players to play in a search for the best player just because they might win again?  When the majority of the community wants that, that's when I'll really know competitive Tetris is dead.

If you read my reply carefully, I never once said that this tournament should not allow you or hebo to join. I said, there should be a tournament for the lesser noteable players to join and have a chance of winning. A tournament in the future set up by whoever's interested on whatever platform for whichever sort of players they want to represent.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Blink

Quote from: chinesegirl1013
Tetris friends name: chinesegirl1013

Question: When you click on the register button, does it only show the first step of the registration process and then you can no longer continue??

No, that shouldn't be the case because we have a lot of new members today.  If there is a sign-up error though, it won't allow you to continue.  Possible sign up errors include:

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Please provide a correct `E-mail`.
Please fill in the field: Gender
Please fill in the field: Date Of Birth (Day)
Please fill in the field: Date Of Birth (Month)
Please fill in the field: Date Of Birth (Year)
Length of `Confirm Password` field should be more than or equal to 5 characters.
You must agree with Terms of Service
Fields `Password` and `Confirm Password` should coincide.
You have entered the wrong verification code
[/quote]

ambitiousr

No, just drop by shoutbox and ask anyone to make the room for you.  Chances are your opponent should have it unlocked and will be able to make it for you too.

Great. And would someone mind giving me a run down of what Expert Plus Mode is? ie. what do I do to access it, and what does it provide? I'm only somewhat familiar with Tetris jargon like DAS but if there is an article on the hard drop wiki then I will be able to read it to find out.

Blink

Quote from: ohitsstef
If you read my reply carefully, I never once said that this tournament should not allow you or hebo to join. I said, there should be a tournament for the lesser noteable players to join and have a chance of winning. A tournament in the future set up by whoever's interested on whatever platform for whichever sort of players they want to represent.

I think there's been many Nullpo Leagues and Tetris Friends Open 1-5 for that very purpose.  I'm pretty sure there will be more eventually when someone gets around to it.

Quote from: ambitiousr
Great. And would someone mind giving me a run down of what Expert Plus Mode is? ie. what do I do to access it, and what does it provide? I'm only somewhat familiar with Tetris jargon like DAS but if there is an article on the hard drop wiki then I will be able to read it to find out.

Expert PLUS mode is something you can buy from the shop, the "Extra Options" unlock.  When you create a room with Expert PLUS mode enabled, it does a few things outlined here:  http://harddrop.com/wiki/Tetris_Friends#Arena_Modes

chinesegirl1013

No, that shouldn't be the case because we have a lot of new members today.  If there is a sign-up error though, it won't allow you to continue.  Possible sign up errors include:

I made this account almost 2 years ago. Is it possible to have something wrong with my account??

Thanks. ^.^
-- chinesegirl1013
I wish I was gaming right now, but what am I going to do about it...

Blink

Quote from: chinesegirl1013
I made this account almost 2 years ago. Is it possible to have something wrong with my account??

Thanks. ^.^
-- chinesegirl1013

No problem  
Can you explain what problems you're having?  

Are you trying to register on HD while logged in?  The register to HD step is only for guests who don't have an account already, so you wouldn't need to do that step.

perfectclear

Expert PLUS mode is something you can buy from the shop, the "Extra Options" unlock.  

Not true anymore, for the past 2+ years. Now it is freely accessible to anyone gold rank or higher.

Blink

Quote from: impactwinter
w123381

is that how i sign up?

Yup, just check back for status changes to the tournament and to see who you're playing against when match brackets are out (Aug 5th).

clincher

It's all about the love

tagitagi

BanKai_