What does the Tetris scene need right now?

Started by Blink, July 26, 2012, 11:27:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosti_LFC

Can we make some sort of rule to restrict the site, especially the shoutbox atm, to English only (except in areas where this specifically doesn't apply)?

I don't mind the odd line, but it's extremely annoying to be on the front page and see it filled with borkborkbork when this is supposedly an English community. IMO it's pretty rude for people on an English-speaking community to have conversations on the public sections of the site in a language that isn't English (except in well-defined specific threads and subforums).

myndzi

I think that's a fair complaint. I don't intend to be like "NO FURRNERS" or anything, there are certainly instances where extended conversations in other languages are helpful -- for example, helping/orienting a non-English speaking user. I imagine that the people guilty of this (although I have yet to catch it happening) will be complicit if asked to keep it down.

Rosti_LFC

They can't be worse than the Frenchies on TC are...

SecretSalander

Well I'm relatively new here. I'm at that odd middle stage where I am rank 20 on tetrisfriends and im quite good at setting up tsds, stsds, tsts and stuff midgame, but im no sub 40 master either. My sprint time is at its best a 47 on nullpomino. I made an account in January but only came back now. The main problem I have (and other people at my skill level) is that we are not good enough to play in tournaments or make tetris videos or interact properly with the tetris community and be recognized as 'pro' players, yet playing with others on tetrisfriends is boring, most of the time. Playing on tetrisfriends with noobs whom we stomp after 5 seconds or pros from harddrop like Mario and Baseballboy who crush us in 5 seconds is not fun, which is why me and some friends around my level quit. I'm not sure what I am asking for, I'm really just trying to tell the community what I think and people like me feel. I haven't kept up with the harddrop community, but I feel that hosting tournaments even for 'noobs' would be a great idea! Perhaps organizing it by sprint times would be best. Im trying to get back into tetris partially because starcraft 2 is becoming a lame money grab with all its expansions and I really want to get into this community and help revive the tetris community.
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: FLESHLIGHT
starcraft 2 is becoming a lame money grab with all its expansions
Heh, you ever heard of StarCraft: Brood War? Or just Blizzard Entertainment in general...

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] Im trying to get back into tetris partially because starcraft 2 is becoming a lame money grab with all its expansions and I really want to get into this community and help revive the tetris community. [/quote]
If I was bronze I'd feel that way too . Starcraft 2 is like the most ideal video game/esport available.

but anyway, how could you not be good enough to play in a tournament? just because you won't win doesn't mean you shouldn't participate.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

SecretSalander

Quote from: Paradox
If I was bronze I'd feel that way too . Starcraft 2 is like the most ideal video game/esport available.

but anyway, how could you not be good enough to play in a tournament? just because you won't win doesn't mean you shouldn't participate.

hey, i was in platinnum league before i quit! and ive been palying brood war for ages.
but well, its no fun! ill just end up wasting peoples time because there is no way i can win and ill get stomped in 5 seconds
40 line sprint in Nullpomino: 32.88