Tetris Friends - Adblock Question

Started by Mule, June 23, 2012, 04:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mule

So I signed onto TF almost a week ago, clicked Arena, and I was left with a "This game is brought to you by:" text and a grey screen that would constantly load. I thought, "Adblock, dammit," and I went to get Adblock Plus which unfortunately did not work either. The symptom was the same for the three browsers that I have tried (Chrome, Firefox, IE). Anyway, I disabled Adblock, waited the 30 seconds, and asked some people if they were having the problem as well. A few said "yes," and the rest said "no," so I am confused about what is happening. I decided to search on Google and the TF crew said that they had an update recently, but that does not explain why some people are having troubles and some are not. Anyway, my question is: Is there a way to get rid of the TF advertisements? Thanks  
You see the name "Mule" and you see a picture of a cat. There is no problem there.

MarioThePhenom

i use firefox and i used to have adblock plus on tf, but around a certain time this year( near the beginning) it wouldn't load any pages, so i had to disable ads on the loading pages for games, and the actual pages where the games were being played.
so i dont think you can play tf withought ads anymore :/ but this is just my experience with this
hope it helps!

Quote from: PandaLol no, that's ludacris. I have a sentence generator, Blink....

perfectclear

I've the same problem. the closest to a solution I've got is to disable adblock, and go into "inspect element" every time, deleting the nodes that the ads are embedded into.

DANIELFOSTER

u just gotta use different ad filter
Take the pieces and build them skywards.

Mule

Quote from: DANIELFOSTER
u just gotta use different ad filter

Which ad filter are you suggesting? The different filters from Adblock? I tried Fanboyz and EasyList.

I guess this problem is not that bad. 30 seconds of waiting will not kill anyone, but it does get annoying.
You see the name "Mule" and you see a picture of a cat. There is no problem there.

Blink

Whenever I use easylist the game gets stuck on "loading" and never actually loads.  Fanboy's list works fine for me though.  Are you using multiple blocklists combined?

Mule

Quote from: Blink
Whenever I use easylist the game gets stuck on "loading" and never actually loads.  Fanboy's list works fine for me though.  Are you using multiple blocklists combined?

I wasn't using multiple block lists; however, the problem seems to have finally fixed. I guess either the TF crew took notice (probably not because TF wants people watching their advertisements) or Adblock decided to take action.

Thanks!  

toppingoutivan

Starya

Every once in a while it does this to me too. i have been fine lately though. I noticed it doesn't always do this, just sometimes. I usually just buy the no ads though. I am such a Tetris nut I don't care if I spend $10 on TF for it.