New Tetris Game

Started by b2ink, May 09, 2012, 11:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul676

pretty nice. I was able to get good sprints on that game.
               Tetris Belts!

StS

Just tried out BombStepper; it has a good feel to it (very simple and clean).
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

es2mac

That's really cool.

Yea the kick table is SRS, 180 is done only as an after thought and uses the same set of kick data... as a result there's probably no useful 180 kicks (none for SZTJL's 0 <-> 2 states, some weird ones for L <-> R states).  By the way, I'm under the impression that 180 rotates is not part of the guideline so there's no such thing as "SRS 180 twist" to begin with, is this correct?

arf

the concept is pretty cool. it has a lot of potential once you can get the game polished up. how awesome would a team mode be on this game?! talk about taking teamwork to a whole new level.

b2ink

I've gotten some good feedback so far so I've decided to let everyone try the beta. Download links are in the OP. Leave some comments on what you would like to see changed and I'll see what I can do.
I miss the days when harddrop was run by blink and the moderators were friendly.

Wojtek

very cool, but UI for multiplayer game is very confusing. There should be item in main menu Multiplayer then two choices: host game and join game. picking any of those should move you to game screen directly.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Jarx

I got some weird "twitchy" sound glitches when using skills. ;(

Possible ideas for future of this game or another future game:
Merging Tetris with dungeoncrawl/MMO style of RPG. Stuff such as:

- Classes
Examples: "Barbarian" - skills that sends more pieces per line clear
               "Sorcerer" - skills that remove garbage ("heal"), transform enemy piece, destroy part of stack ("fireball"), add a piece on enemy stack ("garbage from above")
               "Rouge" - skills that are sneaky, manasteal, every enemy line clear reduces enemy mana ("curse"), steal next enemy piece

- Skill trees
Example: "Sorcerer" that focuses on heal magic has the skill tree (Heal -> Hole shift -> Counter). "Sorcerer" can either choose to upgrade "heal" to remove two lines of garbage instead of one, or go to the next skill in the tree that makes all garbage lines "tetrisable" ("Hole shift"). "Sorcerer" can not yet aquire the skill that heals one line of garbage and sends lines for every line of garbage removed ("counter") because he does not yet have "Hole shift".

- Equipment:
Example: Let every piece be a piece of equipment: T - bodyarmor, I - weapon, S/Z - arm equipment (bracelets, perhaps), L/J - Leg equipment (knee pads, perhaps), O - head (helmets).
The equipment could have specific effects every time they get used. A helmet could have a "headbutt" skill in it, so that when you hard drop with an O piece while the helmet is equipped the result would be that the two columns it is dropped on would "compress", removing any holes. A weapon could be used to send more lines per line clear.

- Experience and levels, gold and merchants
To buy skills/equipment.

- Arenas
PvP, face off against humans, online battles. Choose freely at what level you want to compete.
Win prizes such as money or "rare" equipment.

- Dungeons and mobs
Face off against AI mobs, lower lvl mobs could need more time to think, higher level mobs less. Species could determine playstile (Zombie plays with tetrises in mind, faster creatures with combos in mind). Enemies may have different sized wells, perhaps.

- Groups
Join groups to play against bosses that would otherwise be very hard to beat.

A lot of this stuff is probably quite hard to implement and would probably require huge amounts of space, but it would be cool as heck!  If I was hard to understand somewhere, just ask.

vyborg

looks cool, can i  play it?

b2ink

@wojtek- I'm in the process of redoing the multiplayer part to make it easier to play with others.

@Jarx- the sounds are actually probably playing correctly. I didn't have any sound files to use when I made the game so those were the first ones i found. I will try to get new ones later. The other things you mentioned sound awesome, but it would take me a very long time to build something like that without help.

@vyborg- Yes. There should be download links at the bottom of the original post. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
I miss the days when harddrop was run by blink and the moderators were friendly.

Blink

Gave this game a try for the first time today, I really like the 3 multiplayer skills mechanic.  It brings a lot of uniqueness and depth to the game in terms of finding a good skill build.  Trying to find 3 good skills that synergize well with eachother while also matching the playstyle of the user is really fun by itself.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
My skill rankings by description (if used correctly):

left to right = best to worst of that tier

Tier 1: More Mana, Field Fixer, Solid Garbage, Mana Burn

Tier 2: Top Chop, Recycler, Two Wide

Tier 3: Magic Mirror, T-Pain
[/quote]

The controls feel fine, interface can use a lot of work, but I'm interested in seeing the next version!  Good work viet!

b2ink