Is Perfect Clear a viable method in Battle 2P? Or are tspins way better?

Started by zhiyuen91, November 14, 2011, 09:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthDuck

Quote from: zhiyuen91U guys noe Bl1ink right? Does he play like in major tournaments or something? I've seen his videos he's really good. Never knew you can play tetris is such different ways until i came across this forum
Blink owns this site. But there's also a B1ink and you might be running the two together.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

zhiyuen91

Quote from: DarthDuck
Blink owns this site. But there's also a B1ink and you might be running the two together.
So, they are two different people? Nevertheless, this might sound stupid, but what Min / Max DAS do people normally use on Nullpomino??

DarthDuck

I use 15 min/max DAS with 0 delay but no one on this site uses it that slow (so that would be the extreme). The opposite extreme is 3 min/max DAS with 0 delay. Normal is about 7 min/max but still with 0 delay. I'm only aware of 3 1/2 people who use 1 DAS delay and none of them have really explained why so you should probably just stick with 0 delay.

Here is a related thread to that question: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...3936 < took search parameters out of url
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

zhiyuen91

I use 15 min/max DAS with 0 delay but no one on this site uses it that low (so that would be the extreme). The opposite extreme is 3 min/max DAS with 0 delay. Normal is about 7 min/max but still with 0 delay. I'm only aware of 3 1/2 people who use 1 DAS delay and none of them have really explained why so you should probably just stick with 0 delay.

Here is a related thread to that question: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...3936&hl=das

Thanks darthduck.  i'll go try messing with it

Paradox

def don't use as slow as 15 that is redic. The lower you can do comfortably the better, thats the rule of thumb. DAS delay - always 0
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DarthDuck

He is the 3/0 extreme by the way so a little bias there.

I have tried every single DAS setting at length, including 3/0. On my old keyboard I liked 9/0, on this one I like 15/0.

The only ridiculous thing is calling other people's comfort zones ridiculous, so do what makes you happy. I mean that literally; 4/0 DAS might give you a competitive edge, but it will probably make you miserable.

zhiyuen91

by the way, anyone of you have any thoughts on the implication of not being able to see the next preview of tetriminos? was trying facebook tetris battle today and u actually need to buy upgrades which includes preview of the next piece. Can pros play without knowing what the next piece is? or is the preview an essential part of avoiding misdrops?? also, assuming u maxed out (bought all the upgrades for the right/left. soft drop) whats the DAS??

fishcake

Quote from: zhiyuen91
by the way, anyone of you have any thoughts on the implication of not being able to see the next preview of tetriminos? was trying facebook tetris battle today and u actually need to buy upgrades which includes preview of the next piece. Can pros play without knowing what the next piece is? or is the preview an essential part of avoiding misdrops?? also, assuming u maxed out (bought all the upgrades for the right/left. soft drop) whats the DAS??

I'm pretty sure pros can play without seeing the preview, or maybe just 1 piece preview. There are videos of people reaching the max score on Tetris NES (999,999), and that game only has 1 piece preview.

For me, I need to be able to see the next few pieces in order to stack properly (I'm still a noob!). I use ST stacking on Tetris Battle, and I occasionally fail to stack the opening properly because I can only see 2 pieces ahead.  

zhiyuen91

Quote from: fishcake
I'm pretty sure pros can play without seeing the preview, or maybe just 1 piece preview. There are videos of people reaching the max score on Tetris NES (999,999), and that game only has 1 piece preview.

For me, I need to be able to see the next few pieces in order to stack properly (I'm still a noob!). I use ST stacking on Tetris Battle, and I occasionally fail to stack the opening properly because I can only see 2 pieces ahead.  

same here lol. i guess theres no shortcut to tetris except for practicing hard.

DarthDuck

Quote from: zhiyuen91
I was too paranoid about bad habits to play it without full piece previews. You should aspire to being able to use your peripheral vision for as many non-distracting calculations as possible. Playing without piece previews may give you habits that will blind this peripheral skill.

Note that they just added even more left-right speed upgrade categories a few days ago. Before it felt like about 15/5, now it feels more like 10/1. They don't break down the exact frame equivalencies for us.

But still you need to pay a fortune for all those upgrades, or wait a full month to apply for a credit card. Not sure why you aren't on nullpomino but if this is what makes you happy then grind away at those free offers, just make sure to use a good antimalware program afterward.

XaeL

Quote from: fishcake
They dont have to t-spin. They also dont have to downstack. They also play at < 1 piece per second. i think the max they play at is 0.8pps

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

zhiyuen91

I was too paranoid about bad habits to play it without full piece previews. You should aspire to being able to use your peripheral vision for as many non-distracting calculations as possible. Playing without piece previews may give you habits that will blind this peripheral skill.

Note that they just added even more left-right speed upgrade categories a few days ago. Before it felt like about 15/5, now it feels more like 10/1. They don't break down the exact frame equivalencies for us.

But still you need to pay a fortune for all those upgrades, or wait a full month to apply for a credit card. Not sure why you aren't on nullpomino but if this is what makes you happy then grind away at those free offers, just make sure to use a good antimalware program afterward.
im on nullpominos too but am just trying out the facebook tetris lol since my buddies was able to get a hold of it in university. Thanks for the reply  will try playing without full piece previews