I want a Nullpo 1v1 Bot

Started by Corrosive, October 29, 2011, 12:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

I want a 1v1 Bot room created and running 24/7 for when nobody is on (most of the time).

Playing against AI in single player lags my whole system and takes up too much CPU just like if I were to run two different nullpos and play against myself.

Surely a few of you can care enough to leave nullpo running on your computer and have a 1v1 bot room open all the time. Its the best practice second only to playing a decent player. Here are the settings I want for the AI that most people should be okay with:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i40.tinypic.com/4jqf7c.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i40.tinypic.com/4jqf7c.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Make the Auto-start timer 2 seconds.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

DarthDuck

I'm sure there's a way to code this that doesn't requires someone always leaving their computer on.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

myndzi

My computer's always on anyway. I'll do it.

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

Alexsweden

xlro

I added a Bot (Racoon) that runs on the server itself.
I'll probably add another one later, so we can have a hard and an easy option.
The current settings used are more moderate, the bot doesn't play at ridiculous inhuman speeds.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

myndzi

It kind of needs ridiculous speeds since it doesn't do any spins or play with VS in mind at all. Maybe less than what I was running though. Unless there's a desire, I'll remove mine, since it's a bit troublesome to maintain.

DarthDuck

It's still pretty hard for me when it's at 4pps, then again Agamemnon just came in and kicked it around like it was a blow up doll.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Corrosive

cool thanks
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

Corrosive

coolmaninsano go waste your life being a douche on some other community where you are just as meaningless at. You never say anything worth reading here and I would love to throw your stupid 15 year old a** infront of a bus.

*Banned by a moderator for a week.  Next time will be a month.*
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

myndzi

I thought this would be pretty obvious, but I guess I'll have to say it so people can read. Please don't tie up the bot rooms with other bots. If you want to see bot vs bot, do it offline or on your own server or in your own room. The bots are present for people to use.

Edit: Also, Corrosive: personal attacks = no-no

xlro

Quote from: DarthDuck
It's still pretty hard for me when it's at 4pps, then again Agamemnon just came in and kicked it around like it was a blow up doll.
yup, all depends on the skill level ofc, that's why I settled for more medium settings for now, so even I can beat it once in a while.

@mydnzi: ofc, any human player playing at about the same pps (or even apm) as the bot, will beat it consistently, just because the bot doesn't consider the flow of the game. For players that have considerably lower pps it's still fun tho.

like I said I will probably add more bots later (much harder settings, medium and one for total beginners), if I find a good way to do it. atm one bot alone takes already almost too much resources (a quater of one core on a quad core system), just because of the full client running for it.
In the long run for version 8, we should integrate the AIs into the server, just like in TOJ.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Alexsweden

Quote from: myndzi
I thought this would be pretty obvious, but I guess I'll have to say it so people can read. Please don't tie up the bot rooms with other bots. If you want to see bot vs bot, do it offline or on your own server or in your own room. The bots are present for people to use.
I said im sorry, wont do it again!
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Edit: Also, Corrosive: personal attacks = no-no
[/quote]agree..

virulent

did you get this idea from tnet :s cause there are 24/7 bots on tnet in two 1v1 channels, one 2v2 channel, one 1v1 tfast channel, and one 2v2 tfast channel..i think..i recall there being 7 bots but i might be mistaken.
anyway. i'd prob use them on nullpo if they weren't laggy cause playing multiplayer lags me D:
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]