Off topic... "itsa me" mario quote made my day lol

XaeL

Quote from: Paradox
ZOMG-_- is it really so confusing?

MOST IMPORTANT:

GRINDING GAMES

important but far less than grinding:

fast das, finesse, etc etc etc
Don't say that das doesn't matter, try playing on 20 das if you think thats the case. The whole point of lower DAS is for optimization NOT so you can beat your 40L record by 20 seconds. BLARGH RAGEQUIT
finesse (not perfect but at last good enough) is way more important than grinding games. I dont know any player that can get below 35-40 second range without fast das (i.e. not tf default. I'm not talking about something really fast like 5 frames but something reasonable like < 10) fast arr (60hz/instant) and finesse. of course grinding games is important but u will definitely hit a wall if you dont learn some technique.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Paradox

Quote from: XaeL
finesse (not perfect but at last good enough) is way more important than grinding games.

If you grind a lot of games you will develop a lot of technique anyway. The bulk of what you cut off your 40L time will come from grinding. Also, some people have pretty horrible technique and can play pretty fast. When I was around 35 seconds I didn't use das to wall and back, I used 9 DAS, and could only rotate 1 way. Of course I attribute learning those skills to my improvement thereafter but I still think grinding is the most important. I agree that it allows you to overcome walls to learn technique.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] but something reasonable like < 10) [/quote]

who the hell uses over 10 anyway?
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

XaeL

If you grind a lot of games you will develop a lot of technique anyway. The bulk of what you cut off your 40L time will come from grinding.

who the hell uses over 10 anyway?
The average tetris friends player plays a lot of games. They still tap 5 times to hit either wall, because their das is 16. Thats the gist of my argument... Pretty much everyone in gold does not use das-tapback and u can clearly see the skill difference between people in plat and gold...

I grinded a lot of games, and when i learnt about 2 step finesse i went from 50 second sprint to about 37 in a month of 2 with very little grinding.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Paradox

The average tetris friends player plays a lot of games. They still tap 5 times to hit either wall, because their das is 16.

Oh I thought we were talking about serious players. I can't even sub 40 on TF. I have pretty good technique so none of these arguments even apply to TF.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

XaeL

Oh I thought we were talking about serious players. I can't even sub 40 on TF. I have pretty good technique so none of these arguments even apply to TF.
people in gold are serious. They just never knew about finesse and thought their way was optimal.

Paradox

people in gold are serious. They just never knew about finesse and thought their way was optimal.

Yes but I have amazing technique and you are much faster than me at TF. While on other games I have a 25-26 second sprint record. I'm not saying finesse is not important but I really think grinding is the most important thing.

The reason I learned technique was also because I wanted to get a faster TF sprint. Then I realized it was crap anyway ~

Profane

I just recently lowered my das to 5 on Null.  I personally think there is a sync to how fast you are thinking and playing.. its hard to explain why I've choosen my das on each game.  But if your sync is correct I feel like you can move faster.  Id also venture out to say my mid game speed is top notch eventhough my 40 line time doest reflect it.

DarthDuck

I have no dispute that ~5 is the ideal DAS, and I'm going to get laughed at for saying this, but my new keyboard is a lot faster so I had to change my DAS to 15 for it not to feel chaotic. I am still a little faster as a result.

Quote from: ProfaneI just recently lowered my das to 5 on Null.  I personally think there is a sync to how fast you are thinking and playing.. its hard to explain why I've choosen my das on each game.
Personally, very high DAS enables me to push my speed a lot harder since I have a comfortable buffer for control. I can be sloppy and get away with it, mashing my inputs with few misdrops. But since most everyone hear has already developed their skill near the human threshold, I doubt that raising DAS would help them.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I