Your Style, Your Tetris

Started by PolarisTR, October 10, 2011, 02:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiance

yeah i cbf to dedicate myself to getting accustomed to 5 and 5, so this is my way of dodging stupid situations. id go 5/5 if i was sure that being all teeth grinding, keyboard smashing, foaming at the mouth competitive was worth it.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

DarthDuck

I played with the tunings on nullpomino until it resembled the feel of max "left-right" on Facebook TB, and what I got was 15/5 !!

With these slow TB settings, it would be a shame if they got rid of TF for the sake of Facebook. I finally was able to max my tunings on FB after waiting a month for an offer to process, and the max left-right speed there still feels painfully slow (and I'm someone who likes tame DAS). But even then, TF is pretty weak for not having a tuning for line clear delay (while TB does).

Getting to the point, it seems that TTC has written off their better players, actually hoping that we'll just take the game into own hands with clones (rather than hear us whine about how the settings hurt advanced gameplay).

Quote from: ohitsstef
i wonder if blink's changed this yet

ttc hasn't done anything for us

Considering how Stef's point here appears to be self-evident, I think we should be allowed to refer to ToP for the sake of general discussion (not promotion). Basically, we shouldn't have to be using the passive voice, innuendo, or excessive pronouns just to be faithful to TTC when it appears that a handful of us being on ToP is exactly what they want so that we will stop flooding them with suggestions that the majority of their player base could care less about.

This post is in no way an attack on TTC. I agree with their logic from a business model, that if they have millions of casual gamers and just a handful of OCD players who want to push the limits of the game, then it's not in their interest to accommodate our interests, especially when there are worthwhile clones out there for us to indulge in.  

So, unless Blink objects, I will raise my diplomatic awareness from "never talking about it" to "talking about it if it's relevant to discussion". This is still many notches under "having ToP Q&As here", or promoting it to the extent that we threaten TTC's market share.
Pyrrhonian disclaimer: If I use assertive language, then I only do so as a manner of speaking. I might say "the sun will rise tomorrow", but deep down, like anything else, I can never really know that. So if I

Blink

Hey!  I'm also one of the few players here still using /1.

Steph, don't attack Darth!

I have been having some dialogue with TTC again, but that's not why TOP links aren't allowed here.  It's simply because TOP is using copyrighted material from TOJ, which is against HD's forum rules.

I said it before but I'll repeat myself: I think the project is a great idea for keeping a great game alive.  Just I don't want HD connected to it in anyway, same reason I've been removing TGM for PC links on HD.

Besides, it has its own forum already and from what I hear it's active.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink
Hey!  I'm also one of the few players here still using /1.

Steph, don't attack Darth!

I have been having some dialogue with TTC again, but that's not why TOP links aren't allowed here.  It's simply because TOP is using copyrighted material from TOJ, which is against HD's forum rules.

I said it before but I'll repeat myself: I think the project is a great idea for keeping a great game alive.  Just I don't want HD connected to it in anyway, same reason I've been removing TGM for PC links on HD.

Besides, it has its own forum already and from what I hear it's active.

I OBJECT!

to attacking darth
i wasnt attacking him
just saying i play how i wanna play

annddd i wanna talk about TOP >=[ like how it makes me have seizures

We do not forgive. We do not forget.