Join the Movement For Change

Started by CorrosiveX, September 07, 2011, 02:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorrosiveX

As you likely are aware of, there is a problem plaguing the multiplayer Tetris scene, which is now considered to be practically dead. Every Tetris clone has a poor average number of players that are online at any hour of the day. This is not how it should be. Something went wrong. It is very common that there will be only 1-5 and even 0 players online on Nullpomino. My theory is that if we all agree to unite under the release of Nullpomino 8, make changes to the site as stated below, and put aside all other fan-made versions, we will see the PC multiplayer Tetris scene evolve through unity along with clans and teams coming back into the picture. My proposal is clearly stated below:

"Upon time of the new Nullpomino 8 release, if it lives up to its expectations and the voting majority agree in a poll to dedicate and unite under this game, I think the best solution is for Harddrop.com to be renamed to Nullpomino.com, or whatever the future name of Nullpomino may be. At that time the front page of this site would get a total makeover, both advertising and endorsing the game on the front page with a 'Download Now' button. The shoutbox will be removed. These actions would ignite a never before seen environment of fun, competitiveness, and activeness."

If you support this change then reply below that you agree and you will be added to the petition. SUPPORT MULTIPLAYER UNITY!

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--][03:20:07]<CorrosiveX !.IKNKkqT1w> if you had the power to erase all other clones leaving only Nullpomino, thus resulting in a lot more people being on here, would you do it?

[03:20:58]<dslite !cz0xDSLiTE> if nullpo was a bit better, better interface and stuff[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--][17:24:59]<qmk  !10z1uAGg1o> yeah i definitely support this change[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--][17:04:37]<Wheeler99 !8NBuQ4l6uQ> i support the idea of removing the shoutbox and advertising nullpomino[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Paul676 6:50 !npm
(IRC)Racoon 6:50 NullpoMino 1 player online - http://nullpo.it.cx
Paul676 6:50 this is why corrosive is correct[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Barneey 4:28 I agree with corrosive on the renaming[/quote]
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]chow 8:11 Laughing at people getting hurt... is what separates us from the animals...[/quote]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Petition List:
CorrosiveX
Paul676
meow
qmk
GoldenShadow
Paradox
Jerycho
[/div]
40 lines: 26.67
Dig Race: 13.13

coolmaninsano

Corrosive, are you mentally challenged?

wheeler99

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I don't see your point Corrosive. Are you seriously trying to suggest that people should use Nullpomino when they want to chat? If people want to play Tetris, they'll play Tetris. If people want to just dick about and chat, then they'll do that regardless of what program they use to do it.

Personally I'd rather not have people just mindlessly chatting on Nullpomino, because having a ton of people in the lobby who are there to just chat will just dilute the number of people who are there to play matches, and it'll be far more annoying trying to find someone who actually does want to play.

And removing the shoutbox wouldn't solve anything anyway. If you're forcing people to use something else to chat, then why would people default to Nullpomino? If you have to use a standalone program to chat anyway, there's no reason for people to not just use IRC.

This is why I've changed my mind about removing the shoutbox.

As to advertising nullpomino, I don't know how much help it would be but think it would be worth trying.

I don't think the site should be changed to nullpomino but having a site for nullpomino might help, perhaps with jennrs guide.

In no way did I 'sign' this petition though.

caffeine

Corr, I  you so hard right now, bro. You'll always be my favorite poster ever.

Btw, I actually don't have any opinion on this matter. I'm not sure why you put my name on that list, but I guess that's sort of why I love you. So for the record, I'm completely neutral on this point. However, I will say that as a past Tetris forum webmaster, these were the kind of things that made me nervous about cease and desist emails.

Barneey

There is much in your proposal i disagree with, I don't believe I belong on your petition list

EnFuego

Would a mod get mad if I report every post corrosive makes as offensive and intending to troll??

I would like to start my own movement for change! Sign the petition if you think corrosive shouldn't be allowed to go around making dumb posts everywhere.

Wojtek

Rename killahbee to nullpobee. Who support?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

baseballboy4296

Quote from: Wojtek
Rename killahbee to nullpobee. Who support?
loooool i'm in! and Maserati is reading this! w00tness!
And i agree with everything Rosti said.

CorrosiveX

Rosti is wrong, I'm right. You're a bunch of idiots if you can't see it.
40 lines: 26.67
Dig Race: 13.13

DAS44

Quote from: CorrosiveX
Rosti is wrong, I'm right. You're a bunch of idiots if you can't see it.
How's about you support that sentiment? You are a pompous fool in the end, your ideas are as valid as any, but your antics are befitting of an irascible thirteen year old.

killahbee

k i appreciate your opinion and all
but please do not attack other members of the community.

let's keep it civil.

Boingloing

I feel like this is some sort of genocide against non-nullpo tetris games

g u r l g a m e r

myndzi

I don't think it's a good idea to launch any promotion efforts for Nullpomino until 8.0 - it's still so rough, I don't think they will be effective.

As for taking out of context quotes and using them to support an argument - lol.

To everyone else: don't feed the trolls. If your opinion is that he's trolling and attention whoring, then don't keep feeding him posts and the threads in question will fall off anyway.

dispo_io

[hide]a[/hide]

SecretSalamander

I think Tetris Friends is probably the last thing Corrosive wants to hear about...