when do you think tetrisfriends will close?

Started by Wojtek, July 07, 2011, 07:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wojtek

I don't think it's doing any better than TOJ from business point of view and they clearly follow same path. i would give it a year or two.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

SecretSalamander

VienVong

If they are smart, not too soon since it does attract new eyes to tetris

coolmaninsano

ryan

DAS44

When TF dies, and I don't see that happening any time soon, competitive tetris will take a massive blow. The site itself introduces quite a large number of players to higher skill tetris (or just the availability to watch it).

It is not, not by a long shot, the "best" or anything of that sort, but it has served to expose people to competitive tetrising (I first played tetris on TF I'll admit).

I don't love TF, but I want it to survive. I've pointed a nice number of people to, shall we say, games for the more picky (Null, TOJ, and their ilk)

Welcome back Woj

coolmaninsano

I say it entirely depends on the success with the later updates with Tetris Battle, if TB brings in considerably more revenue and players than the main site, why run the main site?

gif

Quote from: coolmaninsano
I say it entirely depends on the success with the later updates with Tetris Battle, if TB brings in considerably more revenue and players than the main site, why run the main site?

you might be right.

ManOfMiracles

The day tf ends is the day I stop playing tetris
MiracleMan

BARNCHAK

Quote from: ManOfMiracles
The day tf ends is the day I stop playing tetris

me too  

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]The day tf ends is the day I stop playing tetris[/quote]

They day tf ends is the day tetris starts.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Magnanimous

Quote from: Paradox
They day tf ends is the day Nullpomino starts.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

bigwig

Hopefully there won't be a chance of it shutting down until nearly all of it's features are migrated to TB. But does anyone know if TOJ was significantly less popular than TF? I didn't go on much, but it looks like at least 3x as many are on Arena than TOJ MP. Also, I'd imagine that at least twice as many in Arena are on the single player side, while TOJ didn't look nearly as appealing in that regard. Is this just morbidly optimistic speculation?

Wojtek

toj had over 800k registered users and tf has over 1.9M which makes it relatively far less popular when you will consider market size (toj targets japan only, and tf claims to be for north-america and europe).
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Arias

Quote from: BARNCHAK
me too  
I can play on the DS, can't I?

BTW Barn, I have blank screen with music when viewing your page...