Hello there Hard Drop!

Started by yeti_smasher, June 15, 2011, 02:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yeti_smasher

Intro, intro, gonna post an intro.

So... My name is Alex and I just started playing Tetris again recently after a bit of a hiatus. What got me back into it was a bunch of kids in my major who all started playing Tetris Battle on Facebook during finals this past semester. I couldn't ignore the itch and we were pretty much living in the computer labs the last few weeks of class anyway, so in our little free time we'd play Tetris and yell and cause a ruckus and all that.

Before that I had messed around on Tetris Splash for XBLA and Tetris DS, always hovering between "better-than-real-life-friends" and "nowhere-near-as-crazy-as-random-online-encounters." I think my Tetris addiction comes in waves, the first of which was in Middle School when I found a Tetris clone for my TI-83 Graphing Calculator. I played that game in every single class for like two years, regardless of whether or not a calculator had any sort of application in the curriculum. Then I'd come home and just play more. My parents must have thought I was studious as hell.

I think I stumbled upon this forum a while back. I probably glanced at some of the guides and strategy threads, fainted for a few minutes, and then decided competitive Tetris wasn't for me. Well F*** that noise, I want to improve my game now. Not to mention meet some like-minded Tetri-holics (is that a word you guys use?) and stuff too.

So that's that. Hi all!  

coolmaninsano

Alexsweden

Welcome Alex!

Tetris on the TI calculators is asum, to bad someone had my games deleted :|

"I want to improve my game now." Thats the spirit - now go download nullpomino and you will be hooked forever

MiracleBread

You're probably jelly cause i'm MiracleBread