Chopin of Tetris

Started by Chopin, May 11, 2011, 02:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopin

[blockquote]

Hello, my name is Vincent. Some of you may know me. I go by the alias of "Chopin" (pronounced: show-pan) in today's online Tetris scene. I'm a lover of classical music and Chopin and Liszt are my personal favorites. I listen to this while playing and my pieces can dance like a waltz-romance. My philosophy on Tetris is that the most beautiful aspect of the game is mastering manipulation. There is such wonder in building and attacking fluently and fluidly in an unorthodox manner. If you focus only on winning you lose an art.

Before I found other platforms such as TOJ and NullpoMino, I spent most of my Tetris time on Arena improving my game. It was there that I met Bach of Tetris as well as many others such as Aaron, Zero, Blink. There I joined a strong clan by the name of CrewFoo (R.I.P. CF) and it was pretty fun while it lasted. I used to play on the alias of "aiexander" and in recent days I was playing under the alias "Skull Kid." For a while, I was helping out around Harddrop as a moderator adding little things to the HD Wiki and mopping floors and such. Recently I've started a team called the Legion of Doom thanks to good friends and strong players.

I'm currently living near San Francisco in the same area along with Kitaru and Jerycho. Sometimes we go play TGM at the arcade and I try to bum as many quarters as I can off of Kitaru. I've met quite a few HD members in person and it's always fun to hang out and play Tetris together. I've been around for quite a while now and it's nice watching the community grow and improve. I think we're all still hoping for some 'big official events' but until then, we'll just be doing our own thing here on Harddrop.

These days, I play a little on TF or King of Stackers messing around with spins and movements and chatting about nonsense. If you're bored, feel free to come hang out with me on TF or KoS. I'll be here and around a bit for HDTL2.

~Chopin
[/blockquote]

Ravendarksky

Paul676

good to see you back  RIP CF
               Tetris Belts!

Ukrainian4Life

Hey welcome back Vincent!
"I am dreaming less and sleeping more, but I'll sell my soul for the dream you stole." - Armor for Sleep

mippo

welcome back, freddie!

Anonymous

i thought it was pronounced "choppin" for the longest time

i'm such a hick :c
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

Paradox

Vincent sounds much cooler than Chopin
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Alexsweden

Welcome back! - have missed you

NoManual

40L = 28.71
My Blog

keyn

Hi Chopin!  I love that picture.  I also miss CrewFoo--it was a cool group.  See you around!
Best 40L: 34.18 seconds (May 15, 2011)

ManOfMiracles

Sup Chopin. I missed you.
MiracleMan

Maii04

Quote from: Chopin
I'm a lover of classical music and Chopin and Liszt are my personal favorites.
Liszt?
Really?
I find that hard to believe

level5

Hello, I think you're onto something listening to classical music as you play, James plays better when he does that.

Welcome to the site!

perfectclear

Welcome back Chopin! I missed having you around

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.