Donation button added and list of donators

Started by Blink, April 28, 2011, 06:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohitsstef

I'd like to donate personally baked cookies by moi
and Radiance wants to donate some duck from his drawer.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Radiance

no, not that duck. stop putting words in my mouth.

there are a bunch of blank trophies sitting around in my basement but they've all got like a bowling or tennis motif to them. id like to donate those but i'm not sure how appropriate they are for harddrop.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

ohitsstef

and miraclebread says he wants to donate $50 itunes giftcard, video ipod, and his soul
i'm not sure what the winner would do with his soul though

Blink

Guys, this thread is meant for serious donations.  Please leave it alone if you have no intention of donating.  It's not some joke thread.

Radiance, thanks for the donation offers but I'm not sure if people would have any desire for Tennis/bowling trophies as prizes in Tetris tournaments.  Thanks though.

ohitsstef

all of my posts are serious.
I will seriously donate homemade baked cookies
and MiracleBread seriously said he'd donate all of that. Seriously.

MiracleBread

lol stef! XD I will donate $25 itunes gift card for sure and w/e else I find that I can donate
You're probably jelly cause i'm MiracleBread

Paul676

Blink - I would defs seriously be happy with tennis/bowling trophies for tetris

That is, if we can't pay for real ones
               Tetris Belts!

Blink

Actually Radiance, do you have pictures of them?  Your name isn't on them right?

Radiance

no they belonged to the guy who used to own our house. so it has his name on them.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

mippo

When are these donations gonna be used?

I do think you are trustworthy, Blink. But it's been a while,
and I don't think people are exactly encouraged to donate more at this point

Just use it, or at least have a discussion (I don't mind if it's just with contributors or mods or anything) on what kind of tourney(s) it should be spent.

Blink

Some is being used for goofer's challenge, and there was a TOJ tournament we were going to use it for but it got cancelled.  I'll host a tournament when I have more free time, and probably put most if not all of the money into it.

Paul676

would people be encouraged to break their records and also donate if POTM has a $5 prize attached?
               Tetris Belts!

Blink

Quote from: Paul676
would people be encouraged to break their records and also donate if POTM has a $5 prize attached?

Good idea, I might do this starting next month.

Also, if anybody wants to host a tournament and would like some of the prize money put towards it, let me know.   I don't have time to host a tournament anytime soon,  so this money wouldn't be used in awhile unless member hosted tournaments take some of it.

Sisu

Tetris Link comes out next week. It should be a prize (cost + shipping). I'll think of a tourny/challenge.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Paul676

if you need that sort of incentive to break your record then you shouldn't be playing at all.. that's the worst sort of encouragement. Then we'll have to check the "validity" of records.. etc etc.

You should be playing to break your record anyways.. why do you need money involved?

I think the donated money should go towards the up keeping of the site. That's it.