Rotational asymmetry: which way do you lean?

Started by caffeine, April 14, 2011, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Excluding 180 rotation)

"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
23 (39%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
3 (5.1%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
8 (13.6%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
4 (6.8%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
1 (1.7%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
4 (6.8%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
5 (8.5%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
0 (0%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
4 (6.8%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate rightward."
5 (8.5%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate leftward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
1 (1.7%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate rightward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate leftwards."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
1 (1.7%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate rightward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate leftwards."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

caffeine

Quote from: virulent

wait i don't get it..how does this not make sense?
we're talking 180 cases right? so you would always need to double rotate [since the 180 key is rejected in this question]
doesn't this just mean a person double rotates with each rotate key ~50% of the time when a double rotate comes up? how did triple rotating come up lol

Some people only use one button to rotate. If they rotate twice (or three times), then they need to go one direction. I've never heard of a person who uses one button to rotate (i.e. rotates three times to get to the 270 degree position), yet swaps between the CCW and CW buttons during a game, but that's what this option addresses.

freakwithfire55

so im right-handed. my spin keys are S, D, and F, with S being left rotate, D being 180, and F being right rotate. I usually double tap S if i dont use D. i place my left ring finger on S, middle finger on D and index finger on F. the thing is, right or left rotate, whichever it is, i would double tap with my ring finger...

Zircean

I use three rotation buttons, am right-handed, and rotate twice in whichever direction I have two buttons on.

(For ARS, this means counterclockwise. For SRS, clockwise.)
[div align=\\\"CENTER\\\"]Dev Blog | | Google Code[/div]

Noogy

Quote from: caffeine
Someone weird might rotate three times with one button, but switch buttons often. I agree that it would be a silly thing to do, but you never know. After all, when someone makes a poll, people love to whine and say "hey, you didn't make an option for x!" So, I wanted to be as thorough as possible to avoid that.

what about people who play with their tongue?!?!?!

Alexsweden

Quote from: virulent

doesn't this just mean a person double rotates with each rotate key ~50% of the time when a double rotate comes up?l

Yes, and I find that odd since if a someone has "learned" how to dubble rotate when it comes to a certain situation why not use it all the time?
Some people here that use double rotate seem to rotate differently depending on the derection their moving - something similar might apply to this too I guess  

After all, when someone makes a poll, people love to whine and say "hey, you didn't make an option for x!" So, I wanted to be as thorough as possible to avoid that.
Quote from: Noogy
what about people who play with their tongue?!?!?!
Poor caffine..

caffeine

Quote from: Alexsweden
Poor caffine..
Watched the vid. Clearly, tongue-players have a tendency to rotate rightward.

Alexsweden

Watched the vid. Clearly, tongue-players have a tendency to rotate rightward.

Haha!

Paul676

OUTTA CONTROL
               Tetris Belts!

Boingloing

now add which way you stack for more fun! My left handed brother stacks to the left, coincidence?

g u r l g a m e r

virulent

i'm a right handed left side stacker..

o ok. well for some reason that didn't pop into mind when i read it @.@
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Tenel1

Quote from: Alexsweden
how does
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally"?
make any sense?

Why not double rotate all the time then?

I also only rotate right . mostly because i play tetris friends on the computer  and u use up key to turn right so i only use that