Rotational asymmetry: which way do you lean?

Started by caffeine, April 14, 2011, 10:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Excluding 180 rotation)

"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
23 (39%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
3 (5.1%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am right-handed, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
8 (13.6%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
4 (6.8%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
1 (1.7%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
4 (6.8%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice rightward."
5 (8.5%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice leftward."
0 (0%)
"I use both rotation buttons, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate twice both ways equally."
4 (6.8%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate rightward."
5 (8.5%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate leftward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
1 (1.7%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate rightward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate leftwards."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am left-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
1 (1.7%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate rightward."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate leftwards."
0 (0%)
"I use one rotation button, am ambidextrous, and tend to rotate both ways equally."
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 59

caffeine

I realized something that I'd never really thought about before yesterday. I only ever use the clockwise (rightward) rotation button when I rotate a piece twice. So, now I'm really curious what's more common.

When rotating a piece twice in a row, which direction do you go?

If you're like me, you'll need to actually play a few games in order to know which side you tend to lean towards.

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

ZeroT

I tested it, if I need to rotate a piece twice on the left side of the matrix I rotate left, the right side I rotate twice to the right. Also i am legit ambidextrous
☠ ZeroT

virulent

lol how do you test for legit ambidexterity?

i tap twice either way when 180'ing but i'm like 85% towards tapping right twice as opposed to left..i do use left sometimes though..i put right
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Alexsweden

Always use right, and im right handed. Would there be an advantage of rotationg both ways?

caffeine

Quote from: virulent
lol how do you test for legit ambidexterity?
I think he's referring to how a lot of people claim to be because they think they're a cool kid, or because they can do a few things well with their nondominant hand, but in actuality, genuine ambidexterity is very rare.

Radiance

I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice leftward.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/Kgw5H.gif\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Ravendarksky

my double rotate varys depending on the situation =\ If it doesn't matter then RIGHT

MzSlowmo

i just tested it out i rotate right, i thought it was left.... maybe i was thinking about it way too much.... dam you caff.. you know when i think i tend to be crap!

Alexsweden

how does
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally"?
make any sense?

Why not double rotate all the time then?

caffeine

Quote from: Alexsweden
how does
"I use one rotation button, am right-handed, and tend to rotate both ways equally"?
make any sense?

Someone weird might rotate three times with one button, but switch buttons often. I agree that it would be a silly thing to do, but you never know. After all, when someone makes a poll, people love to whine and say "hey, you didn't make an option for x!" So, I wanted to be as thorough as possible to avoid that.

kwillin

Paradox

when playing a game without 180 rotate I rotate twice in the direction I am moving the piece in. If i do not move it I tend to rotate it clockwise, right handed
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Johnny147

I use both rotation buttons, am left-handed, and tend to rotate twice rightward.

virulent

Quote from: Alexsweden
how does
make any sense?

wait i don't get it..how does this not make sense?
we're talking 180 cases right? so you would always need to double rotate [since the 180 key is rejected in this question]
doesn't this just mean a person double rotates with each rotate key ~50% of the time when a double rotate comes up? how did triple rotating come up lol[/color]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]