Controls on Tetrisfriends

Started by Conciliator, March 26, 2011, 04:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conciliator

Hi everyone,

I was recently wiping my keyboard while playing a practice game on Tetrisfriends Arena, and all of sudden my shift key stopped working...which sucks...a lot. =(

It's not that my shift key doesn't work, because I'm using it as I'm typing this right now, but only when I play Tetrisfriends does it stop working.

So, I'm just wondering is there some crazy key combination that will ruin your keys D: while playing? Or is this probably some Java related thing. I have yet to try another game that runs on Java but, I don't think that's the case.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys knew why my shift key stopped working, or perhaps in the worst case scenario, change the keys?
      I play using shift, z, x, left, right, if that makes any difference =\.

Thanks for any help =)

XaeL

Quote from: Conciliator
Hi everyone,

I was recently wiping my keyboard while playing a practice game on Tetrisfriends Arena, and all of sudden my shift key stopped working...which sucks...a lot. =(

It's not that my shift key doesn't work, because I'm using it as I'm typing this right now, but only when I play Tetrisfriends does it stop working.

So, I'm just wondering is there some crazy key combination that will ruin your keys D: while playing? Or is this probably some Java related thing. I have yet to try another game that runs on Java but, I don't think that's the case.

So I was just wondering if any of you guys knew why my shift key stopped working, or perhaps in the worst case scenario, change the keys?
      I play using shift, z, x, left, right, if that makes any difference =\.

Thanks for any help =)

http://www.microsoft.com/appliedsciences/c...gExplained.aspx
press all the keys
(shift,z,x,left,right) together, if any one of them fails to show up, its because your keyboard locks (the site incorrectly describes it as ghosting)

also turn sticky keys off.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

dkorn725

i have i mac and ever time (only on Tf) I hit caps lock by mistake a can't hold a piece by pressing Shift!

IT SUX!!!!!
Drew- Sprint-45.11; 2.2616 PPS

Conciliator

Hi, thanks for all the help so far.

I guess I forgot to mention I'm using a MacBook Pro, on Mac OSX 10.6.5

So, I tried the microsoft thing, but they all showed up and worked. Also, I don't think I have sticky keys O.o

And, I tried with or without caps lock =\ got nothing.

Please help T.T can't do weekend challenge lol

Conciliator

Blink

Did you try Xael's suggestion of turning off sticky keys?  I'm not sure why it's happening, but as a last resort is it possible to shift all your keys over 1 so that shift isn't used.

So instead of

Shift Z C

use

Z X C

massi4h

Quote from: dkorn725
i have i mac
IT SUX!!!!!
There's your problem right there.
☠ massi4h

Conciliator

My sticky keys aren't on, and was never on. Oh well, yea I'm slowly trying to play with Z X C now. Thanks anyways Blink.

Wow thanks Massi4h, you're so much help. -_-

tozarian

This is an issue with firefox 4.0 and macs, I just noticed tetris friends/ battle posted an announcement on facebook about his specific problem. Apparently they are working on fixing it.

Btw, first post here at harddrop.

dispo_io

[hide]a[/hide]

Conciliator

Oh, thanks a lot Tozarlan! Haha, yea it's my first posts on HD too xD.
I swear I've been having this issue before firefox 4, like couple days before it came out, but hopefully it'll fix it together as well xD.

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] while playing a practice game on Tetrisfriends Arena [/quote]

There's your problem right there.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]