Tetris Academy for Beginners

Started by Noogy, January 05, 2011, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noogy

hey all,

since it was somewhat inconvenient to manage the academy (on the account of everyone's schedules, including my own, not being able to work out) i have decided to create a guide instead which you can follow along at your own pace. however, i have also set up a skype chatroom in which you can ask questions if you need any clarification on the guide. your peers will also be there if you want to meet people at your skill level too!

click here for the guide!

Paul676

this reminds me of a better version of corro's "lessons". Good luck with this! I urge anyone to do this, Noogy is very knowledgeable and I can vouch for his skill
               Tetris Belts!

Paradox

I'm actually teaching my friend that I know irl. She is like rank 5 now, so maybe after a while we can put our trainees to the test by playing them against each other. And yeah paul I half expected this to be a corrosive joke haha.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Maii04

Dakhath

I've pointed a couple of people at this thread. Good luck with it.

I'm an admin over at Visionary Tales. Yeah, we're a role playing forum. Yes, this means I'm geekier than you are.

Alexsweden

Good luck sounds really good, will point friends here if they are still interested in tetris

ella_guru

Breaker

I hope this goes well. I joined just to post here.
I'm utterly horrible at tetris, my experience in regards to the game is what it's taken me to get rank 9 in Arena.

This sounds so cool!

Proof

I'm interested in signing up for this.  My 40 line record is around 1:45 (I know not great, but I don't do sprint much) and I'm around rank 14 in Battle on TF.  I don't have much Arena experience, but I have some stacking skills from playing a lot of battle so I think I could learn fast.  My ID on TF is Proof.

Noogy

ella guru and Proof, I have sent you both PMs regarding how to contact me. I look forward to our first meetings!

Breaker, are you able to get under a 2 minute sprint time? (i ask because you are only rank 9)
I only have this rule up here because there is somewhat of a steep learning curve between the average gold player and the average bronze/silver player, and the only thing i could recommend for those players is lots of practice to get the fundamentals down. sorry about that!

Breaker

Quote from: Noogy
ella guru and Proof, I have sent you both PMs regarding how to contact me. I look forward to our first meetings!

Breaker, are you able to get under a 2 minute sprint time? (i ask because you are only rank 9)
I only have this rule up here because there is somewhat of a steep learning curve between the average gold player and the average bronze/silver player, and the only thing i could recommend for those players is lots of practice to get the fundamentals down. sorry about that!

I don't play sprint often, but I believe my best right now is somewhere just over 2:15 to 2:25, so I probably will with some practice.  I'll post again when I can get it down.

Noogy

i've decided to cap the roster at 6 and thus close registration (for now). you can sign up for the waitlist if you are still interested in being a part of the academy.

after putting a few personal lessons together for students i realized that it actually takes a lot longer than i thought  so i will keep the size to 6 to make sure that the students that i do manage get enough attention from me. i apologize for the inconvenience. (i encourage other pros start their own academies as well!)

Breaker

Quote from: Noogy
i've decided to cap the roster at 6 and thus close registration (for now). you can sign up for the waitlist if you are still interested in being a part of the academy.

after putting a few personal lessons together for students i realized that it actually takes a lot longer than i thought  so i will keep the size to 6 to make sure that the students that i do manage get enough attention from me. i apologize for the inconvenience. (i encourage other pros start their own academies as well!)

Umm, put me under wait I guess, I've been pulling 1:32- 1:48 consistantly

colorhapsody

I wanna learn from Noogy! Though I'm not very consistent with being online .... gimme pointers when you're around? or rather, i'll track you down >:-D
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][/div]

cmeik88

Eh.. I'm a little behind on requirements.

I'm a struggling rank 10.

My record for sprint is 1:57 on NullPoMino
2:04 on TF

Been playing for 3 weeks... fast learner.

TF name: 0h7even