Learn this fix.

Started by myndzi, December 18, 2010, 05:14:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

Quote from: chopin
Ok, you two send personal messages to each other, meet each other in real life to handle this, or stop. Final warning.

I'm done then. I also edited some of my previous posts, not to try and hide them, but to remove content that is counter to forum rules. I still think this thread should just be deleted and restarted, because in its original intent and the subsequent broader definition it can still be useful.

chopin

XaeL

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I do not believe you are trolling, [/quote]
good.  

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]I believe you are posting valid points in an invalid context.[/quote]
thats ok. As in its not ok to post valid points in an invalid context, but that people make mistakes, but as long as their not intentionally trying to derail threads/start flamewars etc ok i'm gonna leave this sentence unfinished you can fill in the rest.

Quote from: chopin
Sometimes when a direct hang cannot be made, an indirect hang can be used. This doesn't give you the double afterward here though.
[fumen]110@1dB3ibG3ibG3gbA3gbH3gbI3gbI3gbF3pbA4G7eBOR?BmDBcdlzmb9e4Gob4GocDEB[/fumen]
Ahh, i'm kind of wary of indirect hangs because they *can* cause trouble afterwards.
I'm more for cancelling it :
[fumen]110@1dB3ibG3ibG3gbA3gbH3gbI3gbI3gbF3pbA4G7eBOR?BZtc[/fumen] Although it seems that I piece is the only way to cancel it cleanly, maybe i should try some of those "far" overhangs and see which one is more fruitful in situations like this.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

cubixcreature

Rosti_LFC

Personally not a fan of the unorthodox twists to fix holes. They look fairly cool in play, but I always find that skimming is quicker for me because it doesn't require soft drop. I'm also nowhere near fluent enough in SRS to be certain that when I think it will twist in a certain way, it actually will when I try it.

Quote from: XaeL
Ahh, i'm kind of wary of indirect hangs because they *can* cause trouble afterwards.
You'd cancel it even before the misdrop in his setup?

XaeL

Quote from: Rosti_LFC

You'd cancel it even before the misdrop in his setup?
The J wasnt a misdrop, its when u dont have any Z's T's etc to make an overhang with.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Rosti_LFC

Ah, I see. In that case then I wouldn't even bother placing the J vertically. Just place it flat, point down, and you've got a field that either an I piece or an L can easily clean up.

chopin

Quote from: XaeL
[fumen]110@1dB3ibG3ibG3gbA3gbH3gbI3gbI3gbF3pbA4G7eBOR?BZtc[/fumen] Although it seems that I piece is the only way to cancel it cleanly, maybe i should try some of those "far" overhangs and see which one is more fruitful in situations like this.

But if you have an I next... even if you don't have an extra T, Z, or S to make the hang... you can make the hang with any other pieces after that.

[fumen]110@1dB3ibG3ibG3gbA3gbH3gbI3gbI3gbF3pbOJI7eNkj?cvjc9jcBJBKecyjc2jc+ecDecEecnec1jchDBAAA[/fumen]

Paul676

http://harddrop.com/wiki/Grim_Grotto

I never knew of this amazing fix of this misdrop which happens all too often on tf to me
               Tetris Belts!

Paradox

Quote from: Paul676
http://harddrop.com/wiki/Grim_Grotto

I never knew of this amazing fix of this misdrop which happens all too often on tf to me

I would even venture to put the piece there on purpose to set up part of a tst in 2 pieces lol.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Paul676

yeah that's the intention on the wiki article, but as an md fix it's even better
               Tetris Belts!

chopin

Quote from: Paul676
yeah that's the intention on the wiki article, but as an md fix it's even better

Yeah, I made the Grim Grotto because I used to use it a lot, but these days I'm working on purely B2B apart from ds and ds combos. This one, as well as Shallow Grave, are really good to do mid game setups with strange-shaped fields.