Need advice

Started by XaeL, December 17, 2010, 03:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
I'll think you'll find that actually you sound silly because of your own stupid practice of making a post, and then editing more stuff into it while I was writing my response, and not marking it as edited.

EDIT: LOL like you JUST did on the post above this one with the last two paragraphs added.
I do mark it as edited. I have not yet edited a post. You simply edit your posts without writing edit to make ME look stupid.

EDIT: From a third party perspective, how would they know that YOU were not the one editing your posts to make me look silly and that it was not I editing posts after posting? Answer: They cant tell.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: XaeL
It appears to me that you do not even know what trolling is

Lol, I've got Yotsuba, lolicon goddess of 4chan, as my avatar. I have a pretty decent idea of what is and isn't trolling.

XaeL

Lol, I've got Yotsuba, lolicon goddess of 4chan, as my avatar. I have a pretty decent idea of what is and isn't trolling.
Then please, as mentioned about 4 times, explain what it is.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: XaeL
Then please, as mentioned about 4 times, explain what it is.
It's the vast majority of this thread. Whether you believe it or not.

Like I said before. You can't be told what it is. You have to discover the secrets of trolling for yourself.

And shame we're using IPB forum software rather than something decent which actually marks if posts are edited or not.

crzy242

xeal = troll who started topic
rosti = troll trolling the troll to teach the troll a lesson

WHAT A NICE THREAD.
☠  crzy242

XaeL

It's the vast majority of this thread. Whether you believe it or not.

Like I said before. You can't be told what it is. You have to discover the secrets of trolling for yourself.

And shame we're using IPB forum software rather than something decent which actually marks if posts are edited or not.

Ok, clearly i'm not going to find out what trolling is from this thread. Even the disciple of that 4chan troll person cannot tell me what it is. I guess it can be locked now. I shall continue my search ELSEWHERE on the internets!

EDIT:

Quote from: crzy242
xeal = troll who started topic

WHAT A NICE THREAD.

what *are* the penalties for trolling anyway?

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: crzy242
I thought I was doing a fairly good job at least. Better than reading the inevitable several pages of other people just being trolled otherwise.  

XaeL

I thought I was doing a fairly good job at least. Better than reading the inevitable several pages of other people just being trolled otherwise.  
But you're not trolling me, insulting me isnt defined as trolling as you said in the 2nd page?

EDIT: As far as i know, no trolling has occurred yet in this thread. I asked you via examples whether they were trolling, and you said none of them were. Via those criteria no post in this thread has yet surmounted to the definition of trolling.

virulent

this reminds me far too much of proofs class D:

if i were to say this thread is meaningless would you write a proof against my statement in which i would be Person C n in the end my statement would be false? D:
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

coolmaninsano

This should have been taken to PMs already

chopin

Yes, we've had a few complaints about trolling... I personally don't believe in shutting down threads, but please calm down guys. Xeal dude, go play Tetris lol. Please be considerate everyone

Paul676

From the full version of Oxford English Dictionary Online (subscribers only )

meaningful, adj.
View as: Outline |Full entryQuotations: Show all |Hide all
Pronunciation:  Brit.    /ˈmiːnɪŋf(ʉ)l/ , U.S. /ˈminɪŋf(ə)l/
Etymology:  < meaning n.2 + -ful suffix. Compare earlier meaningless adj.
Thesaurus »

a. Full of meaning or expression, significant; communicating something that is not explicitly or directly expressed.

1852    Tait's Edinb. Mag. 19 552   All the little meaningful gifts.
1879    G. MacDonald Sir Gibbie xiii,   It was a‥meaningful smile.
1920    D. H. Lawrence Women in Love xiv. 193   She paddled softly, lingeringly, longing for him to say something meaningful to her.
1932    W. Faulkner Light in August viii. 179   She would at last make such a todo of meaningful whispers and signals that McEachern would have to suspect something despite himself.
1991    D. Coupland Generation X i. 5   ‘Date from hell,’ she announced, causing Dag and I to exchange meaningful glances.
(Hide quotations)

b. Having a serious, important, or recognizable quality or purpose.

1852    Weekly (Milwaukee) Wisconsin 30 June 3/5   So earnest her manner, so meaningful her words, that one seemed to feel the blessings showered upon one's head.
1873    Harper's Mag. Jan. 216/2   She had sometimes dreamed of something more meaningful and truer,‥a life coming straighter from the heart.
1889    Mod. Lang. Notes 4 144/1   Strike out the line, ‘Which drizzled blood upon the Capitol’, and count how much is lost.‥ A fight of fierce fiery warriors, with groans of dying men, surely calls for mention of blood,–how meaningful in this case is ‘drizzled’!
1922    Times Educ. Suppl. 29 Apr. 200/2   The pupils see at once that their studies are meaningful.
1973    Times 9 Feb. 24/4   Federation met again last month to try to get meaningful talks going again on a new disputes machinery.
1993    Albuquerque (New Mexico) Jrnl. 26 Oct. b3/4   A downwardly mobile professional, usually under 40, who breaks off a promising or successful career to pursue more meaningful and spiritual activities.
(Hide quotations)

Thesaurus »
Categories »

2. Of a word, sound, etc.: conveying meaning; (Logic and Philos.) compatible with the rules of a logical language or other sign system; able to function as a term in such a system.

1874    Ladies' Repository June 465/1   Seeming nonsense choruses‥are in reality the remnants of the songs sung by the ancient Britons.‥ Fal meaning a circle or sun, and la a day, and both words expressing the completion of a day. As the Druids marched round their stone circles‥they chanted their meaningful chorus, ‘Fal-la-fal-la’.
1933    L. Bloomfield Lang. x. 166   In the case of lexical forms, we have defined the smallest meaningful units as morphemes.
1953    Mind 62 8   We often ask what a word means, but we do not ordinarily ask whether a word is meaningful or not. If it were not meaningful we would not call it a word.
1973    Physics Bull. May 281/3   The phoneme is the smallest meaningful unit of sound a listener can perceive.
1992    New Yorker 13 Apr. 79/1   She had learned to separate meaningful sounds from the general cacophony surrounding her.
(Hide quotations)

3. Of data or its presentation: accurate and realistic; of practical use.

1929    Q. Jrnl. Econ. 43 293   It is the aim of this division‥to establish a common basis so as to facilitate the exchange of information and make as meaningful as possible the regular reports as to employment, contracts, [etc.].
1942    Jrnl. Amer. Statist. Assoc. 37 336   Health, child welfare, [etc.]‥were carefully investigated in order to furnish the Council‥[with] accurate and meaningful information.
1985    Austral. Business 4 Sept. 79/1   Calais sales are not separated from Commodore sales overall, so a meaningful figure on GM-H's performance in this market is not available.
1991    Antiquity 65 808/1   Such assemblages of data provide the best opportunities for the construction of meaningful chronologies, since they contain both archaeological and radiocarbon information of a high quality.
(Hide quotations)

Rosti - if there is a definition of trolling and you know it, say it - if I were Socrates, I'd say that I wanted a general definition of the verb "to troll" or the noun "a troll" or the noun "a troll post", rather than just examples, ὦ Λάχες.
               Tetris Belts!

L-mino

>implying you are not a summerfag

i could set longcat as my avatar but it doesn't make me an oldfag

xlro

Quote from: L-mino
i could set longcat as my avatar but it doesn't make me an oldfag
yes please cram that into 120 px :p
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

DAS44

Is it impossible to find a single forum where everyone makes thought provoking, well worded, and useful posts? When we have a thread like this, can we honestly say it hasn't been taken too far?

How's about we all try to make useful, thoughtful, posts instead of this back and forth bullsh!t. I don't come here to read threads like this, I come to learn about tetris (and maybe a few goofy side threads that are not argument based)

holy fxck...