TF game updates (11/29/10)

Started by Blink, November 29, 2010, 06:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larrytetris

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Personally I've not found the lag to be much worse than normal, though I've not been using the URL hack or playing with more than 2 people =P

Hmm, it does seem to get worse in FFA rooms. While I was in a full 6p room, my typing was noticeably delayed from my input (I was spectating; 6 game animations that were not my own).
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

Maii04

lets keep it simple
what does 0/6 on bbx equal to?

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Maii04
lets keep it simple
what does 0/6 on bbx equal to?

http://harddrop.com/wiki/DAS#Units_reference

edwinlee90

is the link not working anymore? the page doesn't really show anythign about changing DAS

massi4h

Hmm I set my das to 8 frames (133) and it seemed way worse than the DAS level 4 that I use normally. So I had to add a frame and make it 150 for it to be somewhat consistent.

But I set the AR to 0 but I obviously don't understand the definition. I assumed with 0 AR as soon as the DAS kicked in (holding a button for 9 frames) being on 0 AR it would put the piece right at the wall so I wouldn't have to worry about holding it any longer. I swear it worked like this for me on LJ DS. But on TF I can start DASing and I can make it stop just before the wall (which is not what I want).
☠ massi4h

clincher

TF doesn't support instant shift gravity, so the fastest you'll get is a frame of delay
It's all about the love

chopin

I've been using 133 DAS and 7 AR.... Idk if Blink recommended this because he really uses this or because it was a joke.

Rosti_LFC

Why anything more than 1 AR? I'd use 116 or 133 if I could be bothered, but I find that the level 4 preset for DAS works fine for me as it is.

gif

Quote from: chopin
I've been using 133 DAS and 7 AR.... Idk if Blink recommended this because he really uses this or because it was a joke.

im not sure if he still uses it, but one year ago, on Tetris Live blink did use 133/7... and partially it is a joke... 1337... ? leet ?

crzy242

the AR is counted in milliseconds, so i think 15 = 60 hz or 1 frame
☠  crzy242

XaeL

Quote from: crzy242
the AR is counted in milliseconds, so i think 15 = 60 hz or 1 frame
TF runs @ 60fps, so everything is rounded to 16.

Hence 133/7 is the same as 133/16

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

chopin

Lol, yes. Do you really use this, Blink? Or is it just because these settings are leet?

coolmaninsano

Yeah I'm pretty sure Blink uses faster DAS than I...110/15