Tetris Goals

Started by Ravendarksky, November 03, 2010, 05:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevincentius

I found it hard to use ZT/ST stacking and my record is 7 TSD (I forgot 1 or 2 tetrises)

Okay so one of my goals is to master ZT/ST stacking technique ~ even with low speed.

Another is to reach sub-45 Nullpomino 40L   currently above 48

Another is to complete a Tetris Tutorial for TF for beginners

Well too many goals at once but I'm gonna work on Sprint at school, tut at home and ZT/ST stacking when the good mood comes (the opening is really frustrating as I only succeed in about 10% of the tries)

I must get the sprint before the next semester! (In my country school starts on July instead of January so next semester I'm grade nine.. I guess I'm gonna be busier then)

Question_Mark

Quote from: Alexsweden
Well im unsure if you have proven ZT/ST stacking to be imposible for 200lines or if you mean for eternity becouse 200 lines is most certanly possible. I got it almost perfectly (a small md at 170 lines something but it only made an hole in the middle stack so i didnt get a tetris but a triple instead and I missed out on a tsd there too)
I played prectice mode with 0G and the replay is 17 minutes long as i had to think at some stages and also got interupted by teatcher and classmates that were wondering what I did (after line 104 is like 4min where nothing happens)
http://www.2shared.com/file/1mUUC342/2011_...2_16_28_22.html
I sent the replay to myself so i can upload a video where i have speeded up the slow parts/the whole video when I come home. If I have time that is.
I made an error in my nonspecificity. It is certainly possible to ST/ZT stack for more than 200 lines, but it requires dropping of a T-Tetromino in the left or center stack (as you did) part-way through. The task I intend to undertake involves using every T (after the first two) towards a T-Spin double, which leads to the impossibility of maintenance. By using T's with perfect efficiency, I force the imbalance in the left and right columns which would normally kill the ZT-stacking until I "give the center stack a miss" for one bag, and doing that twice more will kill the ZT-stack for certain unless I place a T-tetromino somewhere in the left or center stack. This leads to a parity error (I will discuss that in the paper) which cannot be rectified save for by the sacrifice of yet another T, and that is hardly optimal.
Apologies for my error.
QM
By the way, very nice replay. I see you used the I-spin start in the setup.

Ravendarksky

I'm getting close ^_^

Alexsweden

Quote from: Question_Mark
I made an error in my nonspecificity. It is certainly possible to ST/ZT stack for more than 200 lines, but it requires dropping of a T-Tetromino in the left or center stack (as you did) part-way through. The task I intend to undertake involves using every T (after the first two) towards a T-Spin double, which leads to the impossibility of maintenance. By using T's with perfect efficiency, I force the imbalance in the left and right columns which would normally kill the ZT-stacking until I "give the center stack a miss" for one bag, and doing that twice more will kill the ZT-stack for certain unless I place a T-tetromino somewhere in the left or center stack. This leads to a parity error (I will discuss that in the paper) which cannot be rectified save for by the sacrifice of yet another T, and that is hardly optimal.
Apologies for my error.
QM
By the way, very nice replay. I see you used the I-spin start in the setup.
Ok, now I get it. Very interesring that about t piece efficiency. I will play around with fumen once i get hold of a computer to see if there is not any way around that problem somehow by breaking the ST in a nice way (meaning doing smth that wont ruin pointefficency too much)
Btw Im not sure but if you use a tki opening into ST stacking you might not need two t pieces at the start. I have examples on my guide for I spins.
Ty, I love the I-spin opening, though tki to tspin is better I think when its possible to do.

bigwig

virulent

goal: 65 apm avg on toj sessions
currently at 52.789

maybe gm..
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Question_Mark

Quote from: virulent
goal: 65 apm avg on toj sessions
currently at 52.789

maybe gm..

Dang...I would be scared to play against you! Keep it up  

virulent

o i thought 50apm was bad these days D: everyone seems to be doing better than me! :[[[
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Question_Mark

Quote from: virulent
o i thought 50apm was bad these days D: everyone seems to be doing better than me! :[[[

Question Mark: Pro at Tetris Theory, Noob at Tetris.

^^ That will be sig'd someday.

Paradox

Question Mark: Pro at Tetris Theory, Noob at Tetris.

^^ That will be sig'd someday.

You get good at tetris from playing a lot, the theory just supplements your skill.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Question_Mark

I actually consider myself fairly good compared to many players, but in comparison to any soul on HD I suck. I would play against people but I hate TF's lag and I don't seem to have the right drivers to run the newest version of Nullpo, nor the patience to figure out the NetPlay on the old Nullpo.
Translation: Excuses, excuses.

PS: The theory is just an outlet for my mathematical and logical capabilities. I don't think it helps me at all, but I'm just glad to be able to crank out numbers for people who happen to ask questions like "How often can you PC at the end of Playing Forever?" or "How long can you ST stack until it becomes impossible to TSD?" or "Is it possible to stack methodically in a pattern that consistently yields Tetrises?"
PS: Each of those questions probably takes 5+ pages to answer with rigorous analysis & proof

Paradox

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] but in comparison to any soul on HD I suck [/quote]

Most of the people who actually play and try to make serious improvements are on here though lol.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Question_Mark

Quote from: Paradox
Most of the people who actually play and try to make serious improvements are on here though lol.
This is true the plumber is clearly smarter than the Ben Bernanke.
Seriously though, I need to figure out a way of setting up NullpoMino so that I can test myself against AI's, replays, etc. I feel that blindly practicing at top speed in single player is not the way to go; I have no idea how well others would be doing against me and all I can hope is that they've already got a little staggered garbage when I blast them with PCs.

Paradox

This is true the plumber is clearly smarter than the Ben Bernanke.
Seriously though, I need to figure out a way of setting up NullpoMino so that I can test myself against AI's, replays, etc. I feel that blindly practicing at top speed in single player is not the way to go; I have no idea how well others would be doing against me and all I can hope is that they've already got a little staggered garbage when I blast them with PCs.

Have you tried blockbox? Thats what I mostly play

Alexsweden

PC dont count in blockbox right? - dunno if QM will like it then