Tetris Friends tips/advice

Started by edwinlee90, October 17, 2010, 04:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: edwinlee90
What does IRS and IHS do?
IRS is Initial Rotation System, which means you can rotate the piece during the line clear delay; Line clear delay is the time it takes to clear a line, which is like point-something seconds. This is a very important thing to get because your inputs don't go to waste.  And IHS is Initial Hold System, which is pretty much self-explanatory now.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
i got the DAS and ARR upgrades. i have arr max, and currently testing out DAS. what settings do you guys use??[/quote]
Many of us use at least 3 Das and 5 Arr. I would recommend starting from there, and then slowly upgrading your Das as you get more used to it. I currently use 4 Das and 5 Arr.
MiracleMan

Greenhouse

Is 2 DAS to 5 DAS a big jump?
I don't earn tokens in TF that fast, so it'll take a while just to move up to 5
On the free rubies thing, what type of offers should I do?
Most of them don't even give me any  

EnFuego

Quote from: Greenhouse
Is 2 DAS to 5 DAS a big jump?
I don't earn tokens in TF that fast, so it'll take a while just to move up to 5
On the free rubies thing, what type of offers should I do?
Most of them don't even give me any  

2 to 5 DAS is a pretty big jump. I personally dislike to play on 5 DAS because it creates less consistency and I tend to misdrop more. But the jump will increase how fast you can play TPM. But it takes some getting used to.

For ARR I don't think their is an advantage to not have it at either 4 or 5.

For free rubies doing the arena challenge is the best way to go (if you can win 3 rounds in a row). I haven't done surveys in a while but keep getting rubies from the challenges

Greenhouse

Actually, i found out most of my free offers were submitted   yes!
Yeah I think 5 is too fast for me, I think I'll just leave it at 3 for now

ohitsstef

If you're still looking for tips for TF I'd say that combos are definitely strong on TF.. probably too strong. But they are easy to learn to set up, so you can look into that.

My friend told me that on TF you have to "accept the garbage" when it comes to you start ds-ing.. and it'll cancel out the garbage. =x but I haven't figured out how to do that on TF yet.. I've figured it out on TOJ haha.

Back to backs also help

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

thomasgx1

I need to learn the combos, i do them without realising most of the time (misdrop onwards) but otherwise tetris' mixed in with tspins works pretty well. I'm about your rank but i think i can rank up some more. Learning the combo gambit will see off alot of players.

Thanks for the info on DAS and IHS etc. I tried moving the das to 5 from 1 and misdropped alot so have put it on 2 and will make it 3 next week.