TOJ English Patch!

Started by virulent, March 03, 2010, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlro

Quote from: Wojtek
ok, so this update change nothing but change nothing but adds few words to chat filter list.
config file has broken encoding this is why it breaks game.

so replacing the packed (sje.jhh) config_jpn.ini with a valid one is enough to fix a broken install?
gotta try...

edit: ok we need an updated one (with new CLIENT_VERSION), otherwise it patches again ofc... my bad.
so unpacking a new one, adjusting DAS, and pack again should work ok I hope

edit2: made a mistake myself, it does work (just replacing the config), since CLIENT_VERSION is still the same (2056) and just a couple japanese comments are encoded wrong in the file, nothing else
thanks for finding that
using that method (replacing, so fixing the sje.jhh in the config dir) works ok, problem is, some message boxes are now in japanese again, apparently these texts were overwritten by the updater
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

Wojtek

yes, this will fix it.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Hypofreakk

I think I know how to fix it if you downloaded the big file of toj. Oh do this if you accidently updated the game and that error pops up.

So you don't need to re download the game if you already downloaded it last time. So you go to start and search for TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch and click on the one that says TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch (or something like that) And once your in the folder click on the launcher and it should say if you want to extract it or not. It might be different on XP Computers because I'm on vista right now btw. Uhm so extract it to C: if you want to customize the theme and all or otherwise put it somewhere else. Go inside the extracted folder and open the launcher. Click on options and check the box that says "Skip Updater" After that log on with ur username and password and the updater shouldnt pop up and the game should work. I think the version that works is 2.056. If it still doesn't work PM me on HD.

Wojtek

ok, next update brakes tetris.exe file. what's next?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

xlro

ok, next update brakes tetris.exe file. what's next?
yeah just noticed that... but still loads ok for me updated (with fixed config_jpn.ini), just played a round
only real difference compared to before the update is for me the message boxes, which are japanese again, so we probably need to release a new "english patched" version for dowload

Wojtek

ok, it's fixed now.

if you want to restore english patch:
copy files
config/jpn/SJE.JHH
and
ui/SJE.JHH
from TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch.zip over your install

or you can copy PathInfo.ini from your install over untouched version from TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch.zip

or reapply lng_patch.zip with sjejhhtool.

das patch also needs to be reapplied.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

xlro

thanks for the quick fix, works like a charm
replaced the jpn/ui files, too, all back to english, as it should

didn't know you can trick the updater by just giving the new version number in PathInfo.ini, good to know

Hypofreakk

ok, it's fixed now.

if you want to restore english patch:
copy files
config/jpn/SJE.JHH
and
ui/SJE.JHH
from TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch.zip over your install

or you can copy PathInfo.ini from your install over untouched version from TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch.zip

or reapply lng_patch.zip with sjejhhtool.

das patch also needs to be reapplied.

I don't get it :/

xlro

bump, since a lot of ppl still seem to have problems with this (broken TOJ install, after the auto updater messed it up) and didnt spot our posts from earlier today:

I'd say the easiest soltion atm, if you dont want to mess arround with replacing too many files and stuff:

1) download the whole eng patched game (v2.056), or just find it on your harddrive, if you still have the zip:
http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/TetrisOnline_EnglishPatch.zip

2) extracte this file to a new directory wherever you like (don't overwrite your old TOJ directory or anything)

3) apply your custom DAS patch, if you had any, from a fresh source! don't use the packed config file (sje.jhh) from your old TOJ config directory, it is broken now!

4) start Wojtek's launcher (TetrisOnlineLauncher.exe) - be sure that you are in your new TOJ directory, you just extracted

5) select options and enable "skip updater" (very important!), then click start

Wojtek

Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

jennr246

nevermind
☠ Jennr246

xlro

thanks, great work wojtek and gifuu

Hypofreakk

I agree with xlro. Great work!

jemm_4

"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

Palron

So I'm trying to log in using the game launcher but it comes up with a error message saying "unable to connect to the remote server" Does anyone know how to fix this problem?