TOJ English Patch!

Started by virulent, March 03, 2010, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shizaru

Quote from: crzy242
gimmick? no.
we want this to stay with and for harddrop members only.
it is against the rules to play TOJ like this, and if the officials found out we can get pwned.

Quote from: Wojtek
it used to be visible to all, but toj team made attempts to block patches (i think mainly because japanese players started to use das patch), so now access to this is more restricted.
Ah, I see. That makes sense. It was quite confusing...

Are there any benefits to using the English patch other than it simply being English? (I do just fine without as I can read some Japanese)

virulent

other benefits of english patch include:

- use of das w/o purchasing TP [TP used to be more readily available but since you must buy it now, many people choose to 'hack/cheat' to get any das other than the default..especially new users/users who have created multiple accounts]
- ability to play single player games [1/day]
- ability to play training mode
- ability to create rooms w/ passwords

also, i'm not sure whether you can change your background/matrix/minos/ghosts/voices etc. with the original japanese version, but you can with the english patch
there are probably other points i've missed as well, but i think you just wanted to know whether the benefit lay solely in the language n the answer is no~
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Shizaru

Patched.

Looks great! Well done.

Is it still necessary to earn (buy?) TP (how is TP even earned?) to unlock mino/ghost styles?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you meant different styles were readily available. I read through the thread and didn't catch anything about it. The default minoes honestly give me a headache, way too shiny for me. I'd love the ceramic set though

Quote from: chopin
Show me the money
Black sheep wall
Made me laugh

crzy242

Quote from: Shizaru
Patched.

Looks great! Well done.

Is it still necessary to earn (buy?) TP (how is TP even earned?) to unlock mino/ghost styles?

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought you meant different styles were readily available. I read through the thread and didn't catch anything about it. The default minoes honestly give me a headache, way too shiny for me. I'd love the ceramic set though
Made me laugh
you can earning TP buy placing top 100 or  exactly 200th, 300th, 400th, etc. in the monthly multiplayer stats (inlcudes LPM, APM, Tetris, Tspin, Ren, KO, and EXP earned), with the TP being awarded at the end of the month (note the TP earned is only 100 unless you are top 10).

http://www.tetrisonline.jp/toj/gmain/tgame...px?tgt=1#bbscts

Better yet, you can play training and beat the levels to earn a bit of TP each level.

You can also buy TP, but i doubt youd want to.

http://www.tetrisonline.jp/toj/_contx/ttxg...&m3=1#ggcts

You can get diff. minos in the gacha shop with 100 TP, BUT you get a random one out of a vending machine.

For 300 TP, you can get the specific one you want ( only available through website)

item shop : http://www.tetrisonline.jp/toj/shop/titem_list.aspx

EDIT: my bad, the rankings are weekly. not sure whether the tp is rewarded weekly though..
☠  crzy242

Shizaru

Sorry I ask so many questions, but I"m curious about the various DAS files and what the numbers represent

150/15? 130/30? 90/15?

I decided to give them a go and the difference is amazing. Is there a particular speed/setting you'd recommend for a beginner?

crzy242

depends on your preference i guess..
but for slower people you should start on a slower DAS ( the first number, the lower it is the faster it is, controls the delay before your piece starts sliding to the wall, values are in milliseconds . I.E. if you use 130/xx the piece will start sliding after youve held the move button for 130 millliseconds), and then you can try faster DAS as you get faster.
i recommend keep the auto repeat rate (second number, determines the speed at which the pieces move) on 15, as this is the fastest value and cant disadvantage you in any way. (30 is slower).
☠  crzy242

ragnatic

Just posting to play this in english! Some days ago I decided to finally try TOJ and man I'm loving it. My activity in TF has declined since then.

artifaxiom

Quote from: virulent

<{HIDE1}>

Has the formatting of the "reply to reveal" changed from ~half a year ago?  I DLed TOJ then, but when I hit reply now, I just get what's written above.  If it's not something that should be discussed openly, could someone PM me with some advice?

Thanks =)

edit: nevermind, now I see how it works.  Thanks and sorry to anyone whose time I took! ^^'

L-mino

<insert random stupid comment here>

mr_honeybunny

I hope this game is good =]

Apocalypse

<{HIDE1}>
tikitiki
☠ Apocalypse

nonaskuap

Bierdeckel