yotamm

Hi everyone.
I've created a new tetris online game website. it includes a high score table
please try it and let me know what you think

http://gwttetris.appspot.com

ohitsstef

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

jujube

hi yotamm, good to have you here. i did play your game a little. one thing i noticed right away was how my browser would sometimes scroll up and down when i pressed the up and down keys. i couldn't figure out a way to keep the field steady.

i liked how you created sideways movement independent from the player's automatic keyboard repeat rate. that's a nice touch. in the future you may want to make the sideways speed and the delay before auto-repeat customizable for the player.

the playing field is a little wide. it makes it easy for the player. there are always a few places to put a piece without leaving a hole.

being able to rotate both directions would help. also, and i know a lot of tetris clones out there won't let you do this, but with a customizable key layout it would be much more comfortable.

that's all i have for now. good luck and thanks for posting

Wrathi

Nice game, I like how the combo system works!

However I'd like to see a faster level system after certain amount of line clears and a smaller playing field!

Customizable controls would be nice addition as well.

Maii04

custom controls would be awesome
nice mino color though

DrPete

this is pretty cool

playing with a 15-wide matrix is a little unusual, but it's a nice change of pace

things you might want to consider:
  • customizable controls, or at least a control box by the side (it took me 40 lines to realise space was hard drop, lol)
  • different buttons for clockwise and counter clockwise rotation
  • ghost piece
  • it seems to only let me have one button down at a time - for example, if I'm holding down left or right to move a piece, and I rotate while it's moving, it stops moving even if I still have left or right held down
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo

jujube

Quote from: DrPete
it seems to only let me have one button down at a time - for example, if I'm holding down left or right to move a piece, and I rotate while it's moving, it stops moving even if I still have left or right held down
yes i forgot to mention that.

Someone2knoe

This is a great start! Keep it up and listen to suggestions.

yotamm

Thanks for all your comments!
I've upgraded the game and now it has custom controls,
it does not scroll up and down when playing and it has some more improvements.

XaeL

controls ar a bit slippery. whats this written in?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Someone2knoe

Nice job!  Add a next piece and piece shadow?

Sorry to be demanding but I like those features haha.

yotamm

Quote from: XaeL
controls ar a bit slippery. whats this written in?
It is written in GWT which is actually java code that translated into javascript.
the browser treats it like pure javascript.
I can increase the delay of the key buffer so it won't repeat the key hit so quickly.

I really didn't understand why you guys didn't suggest me the next peace feature from the beginning... I will add it later when I'll have time.

Ravendarksky

Quote from: yotamm
It is written in GWT which is actually java code that translated into javascript.
I can increase the delay of the key buffer so it won't repeat the key hit so quickly.
I really didn't understand why you guys didn't suggest me the next peace feature from the beginning... I will add it later when I'll have time.
Make next piece preview toggle on or off

XaeL

Quote from: yotamm
The feel for the game is much more important than whether piece preview is on.

Also the T rotates weirdly, i think everyoen noticed that.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

yotamm

Quote from: XaeL
The feel for the game is much more important than whether piece preview is on.

Also the T rotates weirdly, i think everyoen noticed that.

This is right, I agree.
I've fixed the slippery keys and the wierd rotation of the T.
try again and tell me what you think now.

Yotam