TTO Playoffs (PLAY ASAP!) + Prize photos

Started by Blink, September 24, 2010, 04:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myndzi

Well, that explains the lack of a signup form. So much for "Signups close on November 30th @ 11:59 PM PST." AND for the 512 player guestimated cap.

You can already see why I stressed putting clear rules up front, eh?

XaeL

yeah. blink sayd "oNLY 256, coz 300 = 1000 byes in first round"
i sayd "nah man u cant change the rules bizitch"
blink sayed "har har too late har har"

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

myndzi

Quote from: XaeL
yeah. blink sayd "oNLY 256, coz 300 = 1000 byes in first round"
i sayd "nah man u cant change the rules bizitch"
blink sayed "har har too late har har"

Surely blink has heard of preliminary rounds. 300 players = have the bottom 88 play off for the bottom 44 slots. I believe I even suggested it during the discussion of how large to allow for.

Edit: I guess that's just another way to say 200 byes, but the point was: so what? Wasn't this to promote versus play?

Well whatever, I won't sh** up the thread. For better or worse, things are in motion now

Paradox

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://oi46.tinypic.com/2zqx63k.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Blink

Sorry myndzi, I wish you were around throughout the past 2 weeks so you could have registered, as you can tell some things have changed.

I know a way to let you into the tournament, let me know if you want to.

I can drop my opponent, who hasn't logged on Tetris Friends for over a month and is a very high chance of not showing up.  I'll replace her with you.  It wouldn't affect the rest of the seedings since you both have no Sprint record recorded.  Let me know if you want to do that, our match would be Friday @ 5PM PST.

There won't be any prelim rounds done which would extend the tournament.

Also, updates should be out tonight or tomorrow night.

*EDIT* the game updates are live now.  Combo garbage sends on combo 2, and garage hole changes on attack rather than on receive.

myndzi

Quote from: Blink
Sorry myndzi, I wish you were around throughout the past 2 weeks so you could have registered, as you can tell some things have changed.

I know a way to let you into the tournament, let me know if you want to.

I can drop my opponent, who hasn't logged on Tetris Friends for over a month and is a very high chance of not showing up.  I'll replace her with you.  It wouldn't affect the rest of the seedings since you both have no Sprint record recorded.  Let me know if you want to do that, our match would be Friday @ 5PM PST.

There won't be any prelim rounds done which would extend the tournament.

Also, updates should be out tonight or tomorrow night.

*EDIT* the game updates are live now.  Combo garbage sends on combo 2, and garage hole changes on attack rather than on receive.

Ahahaha no. I'll take no entry over a 0-10 or whatever it's to. Now, if you allowed latecomers to fill in for no-shows according to sprint times in the first round (to the latecomer's detriment), then i'd have to go establish a time... but I don't see that happening.

Blink

You want to take the spot for the good of the tournament? lol.  It's 15 win by 2, but it would be better than a no show.

myndzi

I don't see how it will help anything. In fact, it's more harmful in my opinion to go mucking about with things after you've "set" them than to have one less bye in place of an obvious win.

vvv I feel like I should say something, but I don't want to bump the thread any more than I already have. Learn and move on is good by me (I didn't have a shot at the finals anyway, heh). I appreciate the post.

Blink

I want to post a public apology to myndzi and whoever else didn't make the tournament because of my reduction in player cap from 512 to 256.  I did it in what I believed would help the tournament run smoother with less problems, but I take full responsibility on changing the estimated player cap.

Brackets are currently final, but I'll use this as a lesson to prepare better rules for any future tournaments.  Once again, sorry.

Magnanimous

Quote from: myndzi
Surely blink has heard of preliminary rounds. 300 players = have the bottom 88 play off for the bottom 44 slots. I believe I even suggested it during the discussion of how large to allow for.

Edit: I guess that's just another way to say 200 byes, but the point was: so what? Wasn't this to promote versus play?
That makes a lot of sense... I vote we do that next time. Surely the more people, the better.

Random question: Are there any Arena backgrounds that are hard on the eyes? If I'm going to be making rooms, I don't want to accidentally blind the other player.  
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Ryan

If there are once you hate tell me so I can use them on u.

chopin

There's a green one with yellow swirls that hurt. Also, if anyone needs a room made ask me. I have all the backgrounds

Paul676

I like the green one with yellow swirls
               Tetris Belts!

Maii04

Quote from: Paul676
I like the green one with yellow swirls
it hurts the eyes
the one with the hearts is really pretty
and cute

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: Maii04
it hurts the eyes