hi

Started by PuertoRican, September 15, 2010, 01:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PuertoRican

Hello, I randomly found this site while searching for something Tetris related.

Favorite Tetris version and where I play: Tetris Zone
Mode I play: Sprint
Tetris versions I dislike: Anything web based, as it makes Sprint useless, even for the websites that have a Sprint mode. Acceleration is a must.
Favorite game: Starcraft

crzy242

hi
if you hate web-based games, you'll LOVE nullpomino!

[link removed]
☠  crzy242

goofer

blockbox on http://www.gamepoint.co.uk/   is good for 40 lines sprint, fastest times have been reached over there

jemm_4

Quote from: goofer
blockbox on http://www.gamepoint.co.uk/   is good for 40 lines sprint, fastest times have been reached over there
agreed, and Welcome to HD!
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

PuertoRican

hi
Quote from: crzy242
if you hate web-based games, you'll LOVE nullpomino!

[link removed]

How do I start the game?
I downloaded it, setup the controls, and now I'm trying to figure out how to press start, there isn't a Start button and none of the keys on my keyboard start the game.

Someone2knoe

Yeah thats the downside to nullpo, not user friendly.

The readme helps a lot though. It will be worth it for you to learn to play it. Also there is a guide in the help forum.

Maii04

Quote from: goofer

goof that's still a Internet game.
Nobodys ever on nullpoop D:

PuertoRican

Quote from: Someone2knoe
Yeah thats the downside to nullpo, not user friendly.
The readme helps a lot though. It will be worth it for you to learn to play it. Also there is a guide in the help forum.

Thanks.

I went to their website, and looked up the directions.
It's too bad that setting something up such as Tetris is so difficult, when compared to all the other Tetris versions I've played.

If Nullpomino ever makes an .EXE version of their game, where all you need to do is open it up, setup your controls, and play, then I'll give it a try, until then I wont play it.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: PuertoRican
If Nullpomino ever makes an .EXE version of their game, where all you need to do is open it up, setup your controls, and play, then I'll give it a try, until then I wont play it.
That's what Nullpo basically is. Just open up, set up controls, select rule and play.
MiracleMan

holdnext

Quote from: ManOfMiracles
That's what Nullpo basically is. Just open up, set up controls, select rule and play.
You can also choose your own colors of Tetriminos, mino style, rotation system, bag randomizer, etc. from the Rule Editor.

Someone2knoe

Thanks.

I went to their website, and looked up the directions.
It's too bad that setting something up such as Tetris is so difficult, when compared to all the other Tetris versions I've played.

It makes up for it with gameplay. In many ways its the best multiplayer tetris, you can customize so much. Blockbox is also good. I think blockbox is sort of like pure tetris, the default settings have no t-spin type things. Also it is incredibly fast.

blockboxgame.com

BB and Nullpo are probably the best multiplayer tetris games you will find. The biggest thing they lack is players.

PuertoRican

Quote from: Someone2knoe
It makes up for it with gameplay. In many ways its the best multiplayer tetris, you can customize so much. Blockbox is also good. I think blockbox is sort of like pure tetris, the default settings have no t-spin type things. Also it is incredibly fast.

blockboxgame.com

BB and Nullpo are probably the best multiplayer tetris games you will find. The biggest thing they lack is players.

BlockBox doesn't have acceleration.
I just registered, setup my controls, and tested the game, and saw the bad news.
As I stated in my original post, I don't like web based Tetris games, because they don't offer acceleration in Sprint mode.

ohitsstef

BlockBox doesn't have acceleration.
I just registered, setup my controls, and tested the game, and saw the bad news.
As I stated in my original post, I don't like web based Tetris games, because they don't offer acceleration in Sprint mode.

what do you mean by acceleration?

bb has adjustable das and stuff.. you can change that in the custom controls.

i have to agree with goofer, bb is really good for 40 lines.. better than nullpomino. and we've had more players on lately, so if you have any questions you could post into the lobby chat.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Someone2knoe

Yeah not so sure what you mean by acceleration.

If it doesn't have it, is it really necessary?

Here are some examples of gameplay:

On the last video the yellow number at the bottom indicates placements per minute.

PuertoRican

hi
Acceleration happens inside the game play, when you move the blocks.
All web based Tetris games don't seem to have acceleration in their Sprint modes, which you can see when you simply move a block from left to right, you will notice a slight jerk or pause before the block actually moves to the left or right.

If you have played on Tetris Zone, you would see what I mean right away, as you can move blocks around at will. A big example would be to play Sprint at TetrisFriends.com, then play at Tetris Zone, it's very easy to see the difference in how the blocks move and feel.

Also, I don't think me posting a video would help, since you would have to feel it for yourself. Maybe some other Tetris Zone players on this forum can test this out and speak up.