26 (28.9%)
"Tetris Online Japan"
13 (14.4%)
"TF (gtfo)"
17 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 90

themysticalninja

Quote from: DAS44
How exactly? It's an open poll and there have beena  decent number a voters (per most forums I'm active on). The general consensus (so far, and probably in the future) is that nullpo is better. It may not have as many players but that's not the question, for most people it functions perfectly. It wasnt a question of popularity, it was a question of function and in that sense (with a few exceptions of course) nullpo is winning.

It does have a considerably smaller fan base than, say, TF but the game itself is much better.

Not exactly sure what you mean in saying this poll makes nullpo seem more "popular" than it really is.

i think he means in terms of how many people are using it, obviously among HD many people play it.
But tf and toj have hundreds of users, and on average their are more blockbox players online than on nullpomino.  You look at the stats and see 50% of people think nullpo is the best, but if some unaware tetris player read this he may think everybody is playing netplay on nullpomino.  But then he would go online and find that there are 0 players online.

Im not bashing nullpo, i dont play it cause it wont cooperate on my computer, so im not really qualified to comment how good nullpo is in terms of function, but i do agree in time it will continue to grow
Morpheus: What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on!

jemm_4

Quote from: crzy242
das patch is back

well still the file is huge so it takes sometime to download.
Quote from: Maii04
would you like a side of epic to that fail?
yes i would thank you!
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

larrytetris

I find that TF is a lot more enjoyable simply because the interface makes communication between players a lot more user-friendly, rather than what looks like coding (<name> : message on Nullpo), not to mention the hundreds (thousands?) more TF members. Perhaps the plethora of weak players tickle my fancy, but I don't think that's really it.

Also, TF's leaderboards, though Arena leaderboards are absolutely useless, give you a broader spectrum to evaluate your skill level on, and looking at leading previews is slightly inspirational, though of course you can find youtube videos of other clients.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

DAS44

TF has the best chat out of tetris games IMO. (besides that fu**ing censor)

holdnext

TF has the best chat out of tetris games IMO.

The Tetris Arena Chat is a supureb choice. I even like the text emoticons.

Maii04

Quote from: holdnext

what emotions?!!! There are none.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: holdnext
Lolwut?

DAS44

Quote from: coolmaninsano
Lolwut?
lmao he means the text is good for faces like   O_o and the like. Whereas the Hd chatbox sucks for them.

Spirale

Tetris Friends for the User Base and the interface.
Nullpomino close behind because of its potential.
Toj for its inventivity.
Blockbox

Blink

I voted for TOJ because it gave me my best Tetris memories, but I think the vote shouldn't have been biased.   You should have left out the (gtfo) part and just let it be a normal vote.  You made it seem like there is something wrong with voting for Tetris Friends, when there isn't.  If TOJ can be on there with no problems, then TF should as well because TF can do almost everything TOJ can + more.  To this day I still don't understand all the hate for that game.  

Pros/Cons:

Tetris Online Japan:

Pros:  Top level players, large userbase, customizable graphics/sounds (shop), nice effects, standalone client.

Cons: No longer developed, bad DAS options, poor chat, no true spectator support, ads everywhere, can't gain TP anymore

Tetris Friends:

Pros: Still being developed, very very large userbase, can pretty much do everything TOJ can do but also has spectator support.

Cons: Browser based, lag issues, not enough customizability, poor chat

Nullpomino -

Pros: Open source, Standalone client, fast, very customizable (settings/graphics/sounds everything), works on multiple platform, updated frequently, developed by the Tetris community.

Cons: Server is buggy (100% issue), small userbase

Blockbox -

Pros: Fast, customizable settings, lots of modes to play, good chat/PM system.

Cons: Browser based, No longer updated, replays don't work/save, fairly small userbase, very strict admins

Anyways, TF has been steadily improving since day 1.  Besides the lag issues, what can anybody really say about it which would warrant it to be hated.  Also, it's still in development so it's still improving over time - the same can't be said about TOJ or Blockbox.

Here's the way I see it, if we want an official Tetris game to start implementing our suggestions we need to change the attitude of "f you, your game sucks, do it like this instead...."  to "your game is decent, but this is how it can be improved".  I know if someone said the first one to me I'd be like "f you too" and then ignore everything they said.

Spirale

How exactly? It's an open poll and there have beena  decent number a voters (per most forums I'm active on). The general consensus (so far, and probably in the future) is that nullpo is better. It may not have as many players but that's not the question, for most people it functions perfectly. It wasnt a question of popularity, it was a question of function and in that sense (with a few exceptions of course) nullpo is winning.

It does have a considerably smaller fan base than, say, TF but the game itself is much better.

Not exactly sure what you mean in saying this poll makes nullpo seem more "popular" than it really is.

I think there is an irrational part about the love on Nullpomino. I do agree that it has great potential simply because the community has control over it.
But I think the main reason why people support Nullpomino is because they feel part of a community, the one that "know", the one above the crowd. This is a  classic sociological behavior.
It's interesting to see that the people the most aggressive about other games are the ones that support Nullpomino or Blockbox. If those games were that better than the other cited, why would you need to be so aggressive to prove it?

Ryan

thank you Martin Luther Blink

SecretSalamander

TF lags, TOJ has stupid DAS settings so that leaves Nullpo and BB, and Nullpo now is basically a superset of BB therefore I voted Nullpo.

coolmaninsano

Quote from: Ryan
thank you Martin Luther Blink
Agreed.

Maii04

why would we kill you?

ruins all the fun...

Kidding.

thank you das thank you