Expert HD Mode (Tetris Friends)

Started by Blink, August 01, 2010, 09:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAS44

Heppens to me all the time Impact, and its noticed by people playing you, and they as a result end up b!tching to TF. It's a major flaw, and we need it fixed :/ badly.

jemm_4

Quote from: Impact009
I was playing in an E+ 3v3 teams match, and there was a player that kept getting KO'ed first and complained about it.  I ignore it until the 31st game, when I noticed that my targeting reticule disappeared completely.  Lo and behold, all of my garbage went to that player.  This continuously happened in subsequent games.

Yeah yeah, small sample size blah blah.  I know this forum's hypocritical approach to statistics, always demanding a proper experiment but never doing any on your own, but just consider the question.  Wouldn't any of you agree that a situation like this should never arise?  He was always the first to be knocked out, his team kept losing, it was E+, but the game specifically wanted me to target him the entire time.  What's causing this in a room that's supposed to be fair?
hmm what do you mean we dont do anything about it?!
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

Impact009

Quote from: jemm_4
hmm what do you mean we dont do anything about it?!

Oh, I'm just talking about the low supply of unbiased data for the demand every now and then.

Anyway, I know nobody really cares about items, but they shouldn't teleport my current Tetrimino back to the top.  I wasn't noticing this until I was soft dropping a Tetrimino to the bottom, then somebody twisted my lines and that same Tetrimino warped back to the top of my matrix.

Noogy

if im not mistaken, e+ team games do target higher ranks regardless of how many wins any player has

bach_of_tetris

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

mippo

can we get apm in the stats too?
the lpm shown is just the lines cleared not actual lines sent.
(i guess ideally some sort of TOJ hexagon graph would be great)

Blink

This isn't happening anytime soon =(, they are focusing on other projects besides TF right now.

DAS44

Agamemnon

So basically, they saw we weren't happy, suggest they might do something about it at some random point in the future, and leave to do something they give a damn about while hoping we get over it... Are TTC our boyfriend or something?

Blink

yeah, not cool.  i'm disappointed, they shouldn't have mentioned any plans of expert hd in the first place.

Tetris is ready to blow up and be way more popular than it is now, but they don't seem to care about the competitive side or are focusing more on the casual aspect.  If they were serious about making Tetris a sport, we would atleast have seen something by now.

One hope is that Tetris Online Japan Inc has something up their sleeve, like a new Tetris game.  They are more serious about Tetris and focus more on competitive play.

mippo

arghhhh, this is so disappointing
can't they just give us they keys to tetrisfriends.com ?
what did they say exactly?

EnFuego

I am not surprised this happened. TTC is too busy making shitty facebook games. They never cared about the fans only their pocket books.

Atleast we still have nullpo...

DAS44

Until they actually start paying attention, and doing something about it. We're stuck with this sh1tty targetting system.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/DAS444/bsss.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/DAS444/bsss.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
(I died at the minute mark, the game went to 2:20. I was not comboing)

Monte

well maybe every should move onto a game that loves you. I mean i would think the most important part for any expert mode would be to back and optimize their shiz so it doesn't run like crap and drop inputs. You can't build a house on a faulty foundation.
Monte: you scared of the rookie of the year
Digital: sigh, I'm soooo scared
Digital: *digital pees in his pants*

el_ja

I'm not even a good tetris player, but I liked tf way more back when there wasn't any lag. Now I just can't stand it, but I got nothing else to play.
If I could just understand one character in TOJ, I would play that all the time.
Hopefully with the petition they get back on working on the game.