Expert HD Mode (Tetris Friends)

Started by Blink, August 01, 2010, 09:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow

with the english patch, you can play toj easily

http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...1978&st=210

give it a shot to see what other games have to offer. toj has been on the decline recently as a lot of options have been restricted unless you pay, but the game is still very polished.

HD_Gina

Quote from: Wojtek
So we already have default, expert, expert plus, now add expert hd and then what? expert blink is coming next? Why it can't be more like TOJ, with one well balanced rule suitable for everyone?

I understand that TF believe that noobs require some special treatment and should not be exposed to some serious play, but i care more about fair (no auto-ballancing) gameplay being more accessible to beginners than about adding more super elite settings.

ditto

I love ToJ above all tetris games...even bb.  TF shouldn't curve in favor of the massive amounts of noob players instead of the die-hard addicts.  Those of us that have been around for the longest (beta testers and such) will continue to be around.  Why not honor the loyalty and try to appease some of the dissatisfaction?  Seems like since they did away with "Live" and TEST they've done nothing but try to alienate hardcore players.  Just my opinion.

I agree with Wojtek...make it more playable for us and less "commercially appealing" for the flighty players.  Those people will still play whenever they're bored.  And likely suck.  

Impact009

Quote from: DAS44
Until they actually start paying attention, and doing something about it. We're stuck with this sh1tty targetting system.
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/DAS444/bsss.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx26/DAS444/bsss.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

(I died at the minute mark, the game went to 2:20. I was not comboing)

E+?  Really, if they're good enough to make it into platinum, then why do their hands still need to be held?

meow

sadly, i don't believe they will add a "send to all" option. what they can do and should have done was copy TOJ's targetting system.

i believe the targeting cursor lasted for 1 second on each player and moved randomly. there might have been some sort of revenge targeting as well.

el_ja

Quote from: meow
with the english patch, you can play toj easily

http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...1978&st=210

give it a shot to see what other games have to offer. toj has been on the decline recently as a lot of options have been restricted unless you pay, but the game is still very polished.
Well yeah, I have TOJ with the english patch, and I understand a few of the options now (though I'm still shown as female and I'm male   )
What I'm referring to, is about the chatting part. I'm not greatest talker of all time, but I do like to comment now and then about the game with the other players.
Sadly can't do it in TOJ because I don't understand anything, but I do like it more the sounds and everything.

Agamemnon

Quote from: Impact009
E+?  Really, if they're good enough to make it into platinum, then why do their hands still need to be held?
90% of the 'platinum' players on TF are rubbish. It's that simple. Their only saving grace is revenge targeting and a dodgy game structure in the first place. I especially love the games where I add as much as the rest of a 6-player room alone, perhaps ~100 lines in 80-120 secs, and end 4th because I'm everybody's revenge target or something like that.

Side note; if what I claim here isn't a fact, somebody please explain those games where you get 40-60 lines of garbage from everybody (literally) else in the room before any garbage is added to others (except that from you). It could be that 'stuck target' bug somebody mentioned, but there's so much strange acting up that I don't know where to start  

DAS44

Quote from: Agamemnon
90% of the 'platinum' players on TF are rubbish. It's that simple. Their only saving grace is revenge targeting and a dodgy game structure in the first place. I especially love the games where I add as much as the rest of a 6-player room alone, perhaps ~100 lines in 80-120 secs, and end 4th because I'm everybody's revenge target or something like that.

Side note; if what I claim here isn't a fact, somebody please explain those games where you get 40-60 lines of garbage from everybody (literally) else in the room before any garbage is added to others (except that from you). It could be that 'stuck target' bug somebody mentioned, but there's so much strange acting up that I don't know where to start  
It isnt just you, I came in 5th once with 118 lines. It's ridiculous, the next highest line count was 42.

ZeroT

Quote from: DAS44
It isnt just you, I came in 5th once with 118 lines. It's ridiculous, the next highest line count was 42.
Are you guys saying that all my losing, isn't just a lack of skill on my part? : )
☠ ZeroT

DAS44

mippo

So the person who sends the most lines should per definition win?

ZeroT

Quote from: mippo
So the person who sends the most lines should per definition win?

Well they shouldnt get last.
☠ ZeroT

mippo

I'm just kidding, I know it's bad in 6p.
I think probably everybody experienced it,
but you get lucky the other way around too sometimes
when you steal a win playing messy and that's kind of fun,
so in the end mweh...

zaphod77

Here's an idea for a targeting system.

Everyone starts targeting a different person. Every time four lines or more are sent by you to one person (together or in multiple clears), your target moves over one.

This should make revenge targeting very difficult if not impossible.

ManOfMiracles

Quote from: zaphod77
Here's an idea for a targeting system.

Everyone starts targeting a different person. Every time four lines or more are sent by you to one person (together or in multiple clears), your target moves over one.

This should make revenge targeting very difficult if not impossible.
This is a total fail because it makes it possible for all 5 other players to target one player. And if all 5 of those players send a few lines, then it's instant ko.
MiracleMan

Someone2knoe

how about no targeting system and fractional garbage. Win.