Sorry, it already happened.

5 years ago.

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: SecretSalamander
Sorry, it already happened.

5 years ago.

Terror-Instinct, anyone?

Paul676

What also should be removed forthwith form tfa, especially if expert HD is gonna be made, or even if expert+ is going to be improved, are three things:

1. The targeter should move at an equal interval in "free for all" games between the players. Currently, when someone's stacking for a combo (this is especially true for 4-widers, something which makes them EVEN MORE effective) the target barely moves to them when they're setting up. I think it's because there's something in the code which means that you are less likely to get targeted before you clear a line. This is an artificial and therefore wrong disadvantage to those who do quick opening setups such as tspins or quick tetrises, and therefore should be removed.

2. Currently, when someone in a "free for all" game comboes, and the targeter goes on you for a while, if you don't clear a line/block garbage, it stays on you until it naturally goes off you, by which time if it's a strong combo, you are dead. However, the instant you clear a line/block garbage, the targeter moves off you. This means that for those used to tf (such as me) in ffa games can manipulate the system so that comboes hit everyone who isn't you, and they get spunked on by mega-garbage and you don't. This shouldn't happen since again, the targeter should be as equal as possible between everyone. People's play should not interfere with the targeting system. Therefore this should be removed so that again the games and the targeting system can be as fair as possible.

3. At the start of a game, if you have clicked off the tf tab, or minimised the screen, your game effectively hasn't started yet, and any garbage sent to you is not received, and when the solid garbage goes up, it goes up later for you than everyone else. Although you get targeted for about 3-5 seconds once you have gone back to the tf tab, in many cases someone will already have been KO'd and in effect this can be misused to cheat. I don't remember it being like this a while back, but even if it was there and I didn't notice it, this should be removed, so that the game starts at the same time for everyone else, and if you have clicked off the game tab, sucks to be you and you'll find when you get back that you have a vertical stack of blocks and a large blue sign saying 6th in your matrix.
               Tetris Belts!

Magnanimous

It'd be cool if sonic drop could do this:
[fumen]105@pc1libIwhb8egb1lgbKwss9ejbKwss9ejbIwZiss9e?lbYiss8ekzlbYiQplzjb1lIwRpkzjb1lIwssQp8ejbssJws?s9ejbssZiss8ekzjbssZisslzjbssZi1lkzRphbIwZi1lRp?ibKwpbAAApcMRgb0lmbMRgb0lkdAwNoAEirSAS4Q5DHt2TA?So78A4BRoDFbs9DlotTASYKNEM31JEnoAVBqcNRnbNR9b1l?nb1l6cAwNMATXJ5Djoo2AEszQE[/fumen]
If you're holding left or right when you sonic drop, it checks every frame if you can move sideways? Or something. It'd fix all of the soft drop complaints.
Quote from: GoldPlatedDish
Terror-Instinct, anyone?
Ugh... World.  
Quote from: XaeL
you gotta be kidding me. most humans can watch 5-6 tps no problems. Understanding the placements is another thing.
I was thinking that with sonic drop, the piece basically teleports to the bottom then keeps moving, so that might be harder to watch. Fast soft drops at least leave a sort of motion trail as they fall. (Maybe TF could use Lockjaw's "drop trails" idea?)
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Impact009

Quote from: Wojtek
well, it's not only thing, but i'm with you.

What else keeps everybody from playing the same game except the auto-handicap?  It affects garbage, items, and targetting.  What else did I forget?

Oh, and making it available for everybody would be nice.  I mean...what's the point of ranks with auto-handicaps?

XaeL

Quote from: Noogy
do you know how much crap id get if i went on TC and pushed for SRS on TGM? double standard

Terror Instinct..
It has already existed for 5 years.

Quote from: Magnanimous
It'd be cool if sonic drop could do this:
[fumen]105@pc1libIwhb8egb1lgbKwss9ejbKwss9ejbIwZiss9e?lbYiss8ekzlbYiQplzjb1lIwRpkzjb1lIwssQp8ejbssJws?s9ejbssZiss8ekzjbssZisslzjbssZi1lkzRphbIwZi1lRp?ibKwpbAAApcMRgb0lmbMRgb0lkdAwNoAEirSAS4Q5DHt2TA?So78A4BRoDFbs9DlotTASYKNEM31JEnoAVBqcNRnbNR9b1l?nb1l6cAwNMATXJ5Djoo2AEszQE[/fumen]
If you're holding left or right when you sonic drop, it checks every frame if you can move sideways? Or something. It'd fix all of the soft drop complaints.

It wouldnt fix it, how would u get it to move down 5 first before holding it and then sonic dropping?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Magnanimous

Quote from: XaeL
It wouldnt fix it, how would u get it to move down 5 first before holding it and then sonic dropping?
... Wait. No. I'm bad at doing things.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Wojtek

Quote from: Impact009
What else keeps everybody from playing the same game except the auto-handicap?  It affects garbage, items, and targetting.  What else did I forget?

Oh, and making it available for everybody would be nice.  I mean...what's the point of ranks with auto-handicaps?
well, i totally agree with your about it, its what i'm keep saying here over and over since Live/Arena was introduced. I have seen your posts on Tetris Friends Forums and I agree with everything you say about auto-ballancing and ranking.

While this is probably biggest issue with this game, i can't agree it's only issue.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

mippo

well, i totally agree with your about it, its what i'm keep saying here over and over since Live/Arena was introduced. I have seen your posts on Tetris Friends Forums and I agree with everything you say about auto-ballancing and ranking.

While this is probably biggest issue with this game, i can't agree it's only issue.

This is pretty bad I agree it's definitely taking things too far to protect innocent new players,
especially because most people don't even know it is happening and it is never really mentioned anywhere.
There's no auto-balancing in E+ and E rooms, but if you can't access E+ or E yet because you are in silver or bronze, I'd suggest leaving after about 2 or 3 games and rejoining to avoid the autobalancing issue.
I know it's not a real solution, but that's the only way to get around it atm...

meow

Soft Drop Upgrades
Level 1 - Current Speed
Level 2 - Expert+ Speed
Level 3 - don't know how fast, but there's a big difference between expert and toj
Level 4 - TOJ Speed
Level 5 - Sonic Drop

i'd use 18 rubies for that, and those of you who don't like sonic drop don't have to have it ;D

Spirale

blink can u make a poll with the most important requests.
Ihave the feeling people are being caught in endless arguments.

Impact009

Hmm...looks like my reply didn't get posted.  Anyway, sorry if I came off as rhetorical.  I'm new to Tetris Friends, so I really was asking you what else keeps things unfair besides the auto-handicap.

Quote from: mippo
This is pretty bad I agree it's definitely taking things too far to protect innocent new players,
especially because most people don't even know it is happening and it is never really mentioned anywhere.
There's no auto-balancing in E+ and E rooms, but if you can't access E+ or E yet because you are in silver or bronze, I'd suggest leaving after about 2 or 3 games and rejoining to avoid the autobalancing issue.
I know it's not a real solution, but that's the only way to get around it atm...

I've been told that auto-handicaps even exist in Expert Plus, but I haven't really noticed it.  I guess the "consistent garbage shifting" feature of Expert explains that.  I'm pretty happy with E+ in terms of game fairness though.

Paul676

A way to get away from "Xael's problem" is to make both soft drop and sonic drop different keyboard buttons.

Yes this reply was a totally different forgetful post before I changed it.
               Tetris Belts!

Noogy

you also said something about hurry up garbage

Jupiter_Joe

Quote from: Spirale
blink can u make a poll with the most important requests.
Ihave the feeling people are being caught in endless arguments.

+1

Perhaps we could try it survivor mode? Top X advance?

Or in reverse as well. Which features are we least excited about?